343 WAS A TOTAL BUST TODAY LIKE I SAID

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
343 WAS A TOTAL BUST TODAY LIKE I SAID

Post by vancity eagle »

We can all celebrate, but we are lucky to get through.

The lottery that was PK's should have been completely avoided.

Peseiro was very poor today IMO. The man is a COWARD.

How on earth do you play 120 minutes of football in desperate search of a goal and you have 3 centrebacks on the pitch the entire time. Not once did this coward think to play a more expansive game and switch to a 433. Not once.

This clueless man tires out or ONLY creative midfielder by playing him as a DM in a 2 man setup. He then subs him off at 70 minutes because YOU MADE HIM DO DONKEY WORK.

Instead of playing Iwobi in an advanced position you tire him out doing the work of an Innocent Bonke. Absolute trash and rubish !!!!

HOW MANY CHANCES DID WE CREATE IN 120 MINUTES ?

Just 2. One was Lookman who was played through, the other being the Moffi break. Thats it. 2 chances in 120 minutes.

VERY VERY POOR.

I dont care that we won, this is absolute trash and cowardly football. :boo:
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: 343 WAS A TOTAL BUST TODAY LIKE I SAID

Post by olu »

I agree to some extent. I like 3 in the back cos it helps cover the lack of pace of our CBs, but also think we need 3 in the middle to help us keep the ball further up the pitch. That's why I'm advocating for 3-5-2.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:45 pm I agree to some extent. I like 3 in the back cos it helps cover the lack of pace of our CBs, but also think we need 3 in the middle to help us keep the ball further up the pitch. That's why I'm advocating for 3-5-2.
I've been saying 352 for years. It is so clear this is our best formation.

343 against stronger or equal teams fine.

But I cannot accept coward football against INFERIOR opponents.

And I cannot accept that Peseiro did not think to alter his formation in search of goals.

And I absolutely cannot accept our most creative player being asked to do the work of a brick layer. WTF is Peseiro thinking.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I told you all if we continue this nonsense 343 in the WCQ, we WILL get a whole bunch of draws and FAIL TO QUALIFY.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Iwobi MUST be on the pitch for 90 minutes. He is by far our best player.

Lighten his work load. Put 2 midfielders behind him. Let him create through the middle

Jeez it's not rocket science. Peseiro is so damnwd slow and stubborn.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:38 pm We can all celebrate, but we are lucky to get through.

How on earth do you play 120 minutes of football in desperate search of a goal and you have 3 centrebacks on the pitch the entire time. Not once did this coward think to play a more expansive game and switch to a 433. Not once.

This clueless man tires out or ONLY creative midfielder by playing him as a DM in a 2 man setup. He then subs him off at 70 minutes because YOU MADE HIM DO DONKEY WORK.

Instead of playing Iwobi in an advanced position you tire him out doing the work of an Innocent Bonke. Absolute trash and rubish !!!!

Just 2. One was Lookman who was played through, the other being the Moffi break. Thats it. 2 chances in 120 minutes.

VERY VERY POOR.

Your comment on BigSoccer for oyibos. No swearing, no cursing, no death wishes (https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/2023- ... 583/page-9)
Nigeria vs CIV final.

The match I wanted.

After CIV qualified for the knockout rounds by a hair, this was the final I predicted. I knew they could beat Senegal, and once they got past them only they could stop themselves.

From the outset I predicted CIV to win
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:13 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:38 pm We can all celebrate, but we are lucky to get through.

VERY VERY POOR.

Your comment on BigSoccer for oyibos. No swearing, no cursing, no death wishes (https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/2023- ... 583/page-9)
Nigeria vs CIV final.

The match I wanted.

After CIV qualified for the knockout rounds by a hair, this was the final I predicted. I knew they could beat Senegal, and once they got past them only they could stop themselves.

Are you happy with a cowardly approach against SOUTH AFRICA of all teams ?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

What is this Cybereagles becoming?

3-4-3 got you here. No goals conceded. YOU ABSOLUTELY had to continue it. Now SA came with a fantastic tactical plan and our wide forwards were not dropping into the second block on time. That got fixed after the first water break.

His subs were very good except the Yusuf for Iwobi. I thought that was waaayyy too early. I also thought Yusuf is just not tactically dicsci[lined. He runs around ALOT and tries to man mark everybody everywhere, you will get passed around and you will commit fouls. He'll need to learn positional discipline.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We have scored 7 goals across 6 matches.

2 penalties and 1 own goal.

We have scored 4 goals from open play in 6 matches.

Let that sink in.

And no.

We are no longer creating many chances.

Not good enough.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

I am so happy its only 2 of you here.. carry on
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

VERY VERY POOR.

Is there anything you won’t complain about?
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:41 am

VERY VERY POOR.

Is there anything you won’t complain about?

CIV?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:34 am What is this Cybereagles becoming?

3-4-3 got you here. No goals conceded. YOU ABSOLUTELY had to continue it. Now SA came with a fantastic tactical plan and our wide forwards were not dropping into the second block on time. That got fixed after the first water break.

His subs were very good except the Yusuf for Iwobi. I thought that was waaayyy too early. I also thought Yusuf is just not tactically dicsci[lined. He runs around ALOT and tries to man mark everybody everywhere, you will get passed around and you will commit fouls. He'll need to learn positional discipline.
Totally right
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Nigeria won the game, no complaints.

First half was a bit rough because of the way we were defending, but that was fixed at half time.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Let's win the AFCON FIRST and we can critically analyze the weaknesses and foundations for improvements after the tournament...one thing for sure is that we must start to rebuild certain departments of this team with NEW PLAYERS, especially in that midfield going forward...new players like Orban, Akpom, Igoh Ogbu etc will be fast-tracked into the team and we will stand a better chance of now getting the "innit boys" like Olise, Eze, Lesley Ugochukwu etc if we become champions.

Like I said, we ain't playing pretty, and yes we were lucky today...but I focking want a 4th trophy so bad that I could care less if we play sh#t and scam a lucky win against CIV.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its sad my broda...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Coachie, you hit all the points. Nothing more to add except that had Lookman scored minutes before the our cancelled goal/SA PK sequence, we win comfortably 2-0 and no one complains about 343 being a bust in a game we pretty much controlled for the most part.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:18 am

VERY VERY POOR.

Nigeria vs CIV final.

The match I wanted.

You seemed happy when you were communicating with oyibo where apparently you are a reasonable forumer - no cursing, no death wishes. You know they will fling your #$% out if you try it. So you reserve your uncouth, irresponsible comments for CE where the moderation is more lax.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:39 am We have scored 7 goals across 6 matches.

Let that sink in.

And no.

Not good enough.
We also haven't been clinical. That is the only main area for improvement otherwise the whole point of a solid defense that keeps clean sheets is the confidence it gives the team that more often than not 1 goal will get the result. That's not to say that we don't need more goals because we do and we have created quality chances (not a lot) in every game so its about being more clinical in the finals. Whether na 1-0 or 4-0 or 0-0 'win' after pks doesn't matter as long as we win the trophy.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This guy thinks this is Playstation football
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:10 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:18 am

VERY VERY POOR.

Nigeria vs CIV final.

The match I wanted.

You seemed happy when you were communicating with oyibo where apparently you are a reasonable forumer - no cursing, no death wishes. You know they will fling your #$% out if you try it. So you reserve your uncouth, irresponsible comments for CE where the moderation is more lax.
😂 😂 😂 😂

CE is his home now. My younger brother is loud to me and my parents like we’re some peasants but is an angel to his friends & co-workers.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:39 am We have scored 7 goals across 6 matches.

Let that sink in.

And no.

Not good enough.
yet we are in the final. Thank God you are not coach. In tourney games, not conceding goals is the key. we have enough offense that we would eventually nick one.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Agbako wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:39 am I am so happy its only 2 of you here.. carry on
You for leave dem :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16