Stay Away from SE Games If You Have BP or Heart Issues

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Stay Away from SE Games If You Have BP or Heart Issues

Post by anointed »

JUST-IN: APC Chieftain, Cairo Ojougboh, Slumps, Dies
Written by Felix Igbekoyi 14 seconds ago
APC
A former member of the House of Representatives, who represented Ika federal constituency of Delta State, Dr Cairo Ojougboh, is dead.

Reliable sources said that the outspoken politician and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) died on Wednesday night while watching the AFCON 2023 semi-final match between Nigeria and South Africa.

“As soon as a penalty kick was awarded against Nigeria during the AFCON match with South Africa on Wednesday’s semi-final clash in Bouake, Ivory Coast, he slumped,”
a source privy to the incident told LEADERSHIP on Thursday.[

https://leadership.ng/just-in-apc-chief ... umps-dies/
/quote]
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
sabb
Egg
Egg
Re: Stay Away from SE Games If You Have BP or Heart Issues

Post by sabb »

no be small thing :lol:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

anointed wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:43 am

JUST-IN: APC Chieftain, Cairo Ojougboh, Slumps, Dies
Written by Felix Igbekoyi 14 seconds ago
APC
A former member of the House of Representatives, who represented Ika federal constituency of Delta State, Dr Cairo Ojougboh, is dead.

Reliable sources said that the outspoken politician and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC) died on Wednesday night while watching the AFCON 2023 semi-final match between Nigeria and South Africa.

“As soon as a penalty kick was awarded against Nigeria during the AFCON match with South Africa on Wednesday’s semi-final clash in Bouake, Ivory Coast, he slumped,”
a source privy to the incident told LEADERSHIP on Thursday.[

https://leadership.ng/just-in-apc-chief ... umps-dies/
/quote]
wow, just went off the headline, dats a shame
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
I normally don't watch penalty kicks involving the SE !! i put out the TV :drool:
Also our SE is one of the most unpredictable teams always so a BP, diabetic or even seizure patient may need to stay away from its games !! :mrgreen:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...this is what happens when you hedge huge bet, your hour house, your cars (big deal in Nigeria), your bank account.
Watch a game in peace. He is the kind of CE folks who exhibits hate towards players, and foment threats.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I’ve followed this guy’s career since he worked at NDDC, and he and his colleagues were harassing their then MD, Arunma Oteh. Though I never had warm feelings towards him, this is nonetheless sad. Comfort to his family
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

I experienced something new while watching the game yesterday. My apple watch sent me an alert that my heart rate has gone up to 130 bpm without it, the watch, observing me doing any physical activity! This is what the match caused me. Thank God that one is younger. The only way to avoid this sort of issues is to deactivate support for the SE, but how?
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Strangely, I was not worried. Thinking of it now, I ask myself why? I now believe that somewhat our history against South Africa may have played a role. Multiple times in this history, South Africand have dominated us with possession but end up with atrocious decisions in front of goal resulting in us coming out with a win. This game however was more difficult because the late pk award forced the need for a tie breaker thst could have gone either way. South Africa failing to convert early in the shootout meant tension was on their side not us.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:31 pm Strangely, I was not worried. Thinking of it now, I ask myself why? I now believe that somewhat our history against South Africa may have played a role. Multiple times in this history, South Africand have dominated us with possession but end up with atrocious decisions in front of goal resulting in us coming out with a win. This game however was more difficult because the late pk award forced the need for a tie breaker thst could have gone either way. South Africa failing to convert early in the shootout meant tension was on their side not us.
Always on point with your analysis, Enugu II. Good posts upon good posts. Kudos!
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Na my wife watch penalties.

Once, SA had the free kick in the 88 minutes (I remembered Algeria free kick goal in the Semi final). As SA missed the rebound, I checked out and went to bed.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Just watching following day and my heart still dey pound.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Shey I tok-am and dem say make I 'man up.'

No be say I get Blood pressure, or any major medical wahala-oo, but wen I begin dey hear my heart beat heavy [e-gbum, e-gbum, e-gbum] and fast wen I dey woch awa games deese days, aaaah, no be persin go tell me say, e don reach wen I go cut off TV, or Computer and comot.

E be like joke, but deese tins fit kill persin, for sure
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Do we know how many people that could have lost their lives yesterday? This issue is real. I once lost a friend to Nigeria vs Ghana AFCON game during Berti Vogts era.

The Deputy Bursar of a Kwara uni also died yesterday, likewise an NYSC member

https://punchng.com/kwara-varsity-deput ... mi-finals/

https://punchng.com/corps-member-dies-w ... -shootout/

Please, walk away when you can o. Life has no photocopy or replacement.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I didn't watch the match.

I support 3SC, Corinthians and Manchester United. Over the years you learn to manage your cardio when you support those crazy teams. My approach is simple. I noticed that the tension typically gets intense around the 80th minute so to maintain my matchday thrills on important fixtures I only watch the first 30 minutes then go for a walk or a drink, depending on the time, leaving my phone in the car. Now, I have more fun watching the long highlights.

Another great way that helps with tension is to watch while following and commenting on CE match threads. CE match threads help me trivialize the match day experience.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:57 pm Na my wife watch penalties.

Once, SA had the free kick in the 88 minutes (I remembered Algeria free kick goal in the Semi final). As SA missed the rebound, I checked out and went to bed.
:lol:
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I’m young but I don’t play with my health. As soon the pk was awarded to them, I closed my SlingTV app and continued with work. Then I checked on soccernet every 15 mins to see if the score has changed. If we win, I will watch the recorded replay in the evening and if we lose, I delete the recording and save myself the pain.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .