Nigeria's most unsung hero so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria's most unsung hero so far

Post by bamenda boy »

Onyeka! This guy has been quietly doing his thing. Has been in beast mode from day one. Consistently consistent.
Guy has not put on a wrong step so far.
I bow for the Bobo.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria's most unsung hero so far

Post by Goldleaf »

Honestly, Frank Onyeka has been so effective at nullifying opposition moves.
Just wonderful to see.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Goldleaf wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:38 pm Honestly, Frank Onyeka has been so effective at nullifying opposition moves.
Just wonderful to see.
True
A very apt description
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

For me, this award goes to Semi Ajayi. He's still being largely ignored by analysts and fans, but he's been incredible. Every other player gets flowers now and then.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Ajayi and Calvin needs to be shrined but Troost has been a beast in the defense !! :mrgreen:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:33 pm Onyeka! This guy has been quietly doing his thing. Has been in beast mode from day one. Consistently consistent.
Guy has not put on a wrong step so far.
I bow for the Bobo.

NOT QUITE

I think the quality of some of his passes has been below par in the (admittedly) few times I've focused on him. I'd give the unsung hero title to Aina who has been quietly steady offensively and defensively. In a squad lacking in "big names", I think he's ben quietly effective.
Bell
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

It's Semi Ajayi simply because Aina, Onyeka and Calvin have Stans. Nobody seems to like Ajayi. He was immense against SA. Probably had a better game than Ekong and Bassey