4 Nigerian clubs in the Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) - Beyond Limits win it [1st African team to win it]

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
4 Nigerian clubs in the Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) - Beyond Limits win it [1st African team to win it]

Post by Sunset »

This will be Beyond Limits (Remo Stars U19's) first official participation in the competition even though their players went to the 2022 edition they represented Alex Transfiguration getting all the way to the final.

Thursday 8 February 2024
https://onwardnews24.blogspot.com/2024/ ... o-cup.html
Mavlon departs Lagos for Viareggio Cup in Italy

Modest Nigerian club, Mavlon FC have departed the shores of Lagos, Nigeria for this year's edition of Viareggio Cup in Italy, www.totorinews.com reports.

The Nationwide League One (NLO), side parades very exciting young talented footballers, some have represented the age - grade teams of Nigeria at international tournaments.

The team participated at last year's Viareggio Cup where they shone brightly to the delight of football stakeholders, especially football scouts in Italy and Europe.

Speaking to www.totorinews.com before the team departed, Muyiwa Showole, the chief coach of the team, disclosed that the experience gained after participating in 2023 Viareggio Cup will be useful in navigating their opponents this time around.

"We thank the management of Mavlon FC for another great opportunity to participate at this year’s Viareggio Cup. We learnt a lot last year and we hope to do better this tournament after what we gained last year," Showole said.

Last edited by Sunset on Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 2 Nigerian clubs to compete in this years Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) in Italy

Post by Lolly »

Nice one.

The exposure is good for them.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2 Nigerian clubs to compete in this years Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) in Italy

Post by metalalloy »

Nice. good luck to them
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Great start for them demolishing Carrarese 6 nil in MD1. Big prospect Kparobo Ariehri got a hat-trick

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I can see my boysm SUnday and Wahab repping Ijebu Ode in Mavlon FC.

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:10 pm This will be Beyond Limits (Remo Stars U19's) first official participation in the competition even though their players went to the 2022 edition they represented Alex Transfiguration getting all the way to the final.

Thursday 8 February 2024
https://onwardnews24.blogspot.com/2024/ ... o-cup.html
Mavlon departs Lagos for Viareggio Cup in Italy

Modest Nigerian club, Mavlon FC have departed the shores of Lagos, Nigeria for this year's edition of Viareggio Cup in Italy, www.totorinews.com reports.

The Nationwide League One (NLO), side parades very exciting young talented footballers, some have represented the age - grade teams of Nigeria at international tournaments.

The team participated at last year's Viareggio Cup where they shone brightly to the delight of football stakeholders, especially football scouts in Italy and Europe.

Speaking to www.totorinews.com before the team departed, Muyiwa Showole, the chief coach of the team, disclosed that the experience gained after participating in 2023 Viareggio Cup will be useful in navigating their opponents this time around.

"We thank the management of Mavlon FC for another great opportunity to participate at this year’s Viareggio Cup. We learnt a lot last year and we hope to do better this tournament after what we gained last year," Showole said.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:10 pm This will be Beyond Limits (Remo Stars U19's) first official participation in the competition even though their players went to the 2022 edition they represented Alex Transfiguration getting all the way to the final.

The kid back row first left looks uncannily like Akinsanmiro.
Na im brother?

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:29 am

The kid back row first left looks uncannily like Akinsanmiro.
Na im brother?
That's him as he was part of the 2022 set

(L-R)
Akinsanmiro (Inter U19 🇮🇹), ?, Coach Olumide Ajibolade, Lekan Oyedele (Feirense 🇵🇹), Okechukwu Olisa (promoted to the 1st team), Morufdeen Moshood (Leixoes 🇵🇹)

Seun Odunsi (Promoted to the 1st team), ?, Onyebuchi Obasi (played a crucial player in their U19 getting promoted to the NNL) , Ogungbe Ayomide (Tournament MVP promoted to the 1st team), Shola Ogundana (Flamengo U20 🇧🇷)
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 3 Nigerian clubs to compete in this years Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) in Italy

Post by Sunset »

Another Nigerian club Ojodu City FC are also taking part in the tournament
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 3 Nigerian clubs to compete in this years Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) in Italy

Post by metalalloy »

So far so good for the Naija teams

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Sunset wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:24 pm

Another Nigerian club Ojodu City FC are also taking part in the tournament
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: my hood
all the best boys
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: 4 Nigerian clubs to compete in this years Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) in Italy

Post by packerland »

This is good. I never knew they were something like this. It’s like the little league baseball.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: 4 Nigerian clubs to compete in this years Viareggio Youth Cup (74th edition) in Italy

Post by Damunk »

All four teams in the quarter finals, winning their knockout games yesterday.

Beyond Limits 3 v US Avellino 1
ACF Fiorentina 2 v FC Mavlon 3
FC Rhuk LVIV 0 v Alex Transfiguration 2
Ojodu City FC 5 v Westchester United 0

https://777score.com/football/tournamen ... up/results

Q/Final matchup tomorrow:

Torino FC v Beyond Limits
Budapest Honved v Ojodu City
Alex Transfiguration v FC Mavlon
Serie D Selecion v Center National Brazzaville.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Damunk wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:59 pm All four teams in the quarter finals, winning their knockout games yesterday.

Beyond Limits 3 v US Avellino 1
ACF Fiorentina 2 v FC Mavlon 3
FC Rhuk LVIV 0 v Alex Transfiguration 2
Ojodu City FC 5 v Westchester United 0

https://777score.com/football/tournamen ... up/results

Q/Final matchup tomorrow:

Torino FC v Beyond Limits
Budapest Honved v Ojodu City
Alex Transfiguration v FC Mavlon
Serie D Selecion v Center National Brazzaville.

:thumbs:
Been watching Beyond Limits and they have played some fantastic football
they have their utube channel and the games are available there

https://www.youtube.com/live/ytIPAyx6vG ... K7f9qg2uix

To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

sabb wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:32 pm https://www.youtube.com/live/ZTig_SKj4f ... SmMWc7aid6

game is live
Very enjoyable and hard won victory. They are impressive!
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

waka-man wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:41 pm
sabb wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:32 pm https://www.youtube.com/live/ZTig_SKj4f ... SmMWc7aid6

game is live
Very enjoyable and hard won victory. They are impressive!
Very, I like the no 8, one for the future
They are playing Ojodu City next so that should be a good one
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Sunset wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:13 pm
Saturday will be fire

Beyond Limits vs Ojodu City and Centre Brazzaville vs Mavlon
2pm uk time