Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller FT

Post by Odas »

Well. it's all over now! My day is messed up! Kai, na wa-oooo!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Coeur-d'Ivoire
Egg
Egg

Post by Coeur-d'Ivoire »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: CHAMPIONS. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
FREE TFCO NOW !!!!! - CAMPAIGN FOR TFCO'S EMANCIPATION (CTE)
Mouvement International de la Defense des Gnomes et pour l'Emancipation de Tfco (M.I.D.G.E.T)

Have you visited The Village Hall this week?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 pm :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: CHAMPIONS. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Congratulations, bro!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Well done to the Eagles. Unfortunately for us, the better team on day won but we leave with our heads held high. Few including yours truly gave you a chance before the competition. Disappointing end but there could only be a winner and today was not our day. We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and hopefully do a true analysis and build on from there. WCQ are around the corner, we do not have the luxury to mope. Congrats to CIV. As for the rest of Africa led by the Charlies, we go take our cooking and roasting like men. At the end of the day, it is football, there are bigger issues to get upset over.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Coeur-d'Ivoire wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 pm :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: CHAMPIONS. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Congrats, you guys deserved it.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-2) Ekong , Kessie, Haller 2H

Post by cchinukw »

tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 pm
damekadon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm
tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:52 pm We were lucky to beat S.Africa - our mediocrity caught up with us. Most of our players don't play for top clubs & cannot handle
pressure. no creativity & our general level of technique has regressed - poor 1st touch all over. Passing is a joke. I now understand why i stopped following the SE for a long time. You end up depressed.
Our luck started with Angola. We suppose done go house since that game. We just don't show up and play with confidence.
The level of regression is disturbing. For years any Nigerian player even the tactically naive ones had good technique - so much of what i've seen here is got me baffled.
You can't base your conclusion of the whole tournament on today's performance and results alone.

I have seen some very very bad Nigerian teams over the past years.

This was a great tournament with arguably average players.

They over achieved. Personally I think that was down to this coach.

He is marmite to some including myself but he grew on me. Props to him.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm The costly players that lost it for Nigeria today

Aina
Bassey
Zaidu
Iwobi
Chief, you forgot Chukwueze who must have gotten an unnoticed red card because he was totally absent from the game.
gosh
Egg
Egg

Post by gosh »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:08 pm What is Adebayor doing with the AFCON trophy?
He appeared to be waiting for a rousing ovation when he brought the cup, but it never happened and he waited a while. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohsee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:17 pm
cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm The costly players that lost it for Nigeria today

Aina
Bassey
Zaidu
Iwobi
Chief, you forgot Chukwueze who must have gotten an unnoticed red card because he was totally absent from the game.
Yes boss. Him as well.

I can't understand what CE community finds in this very average player.

He might as well not have been on the pitch today.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:01 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:49 pm Osimhen no be am. 7 games. 1 goal. Smh.
When conversations are held for the true GOATs of Nigerian football, Osimhen will have quotation marks to his inclusion...for a supposed world class striker he sure ain't no Drogba whom he idolized, very weak mentality and just poor all around.
Messi didn't win with Argentina for a long time cos of how the team was set up; You forget how long the Drogba & Yaya generation took to win the AFCON.
Victor was doing too much work - as Ekoku said, if you keep launching balls to him, he'll get fatigued fast.
Go watch the tape of this game where we were back in our box permanently defending with 8-9 men - Victor was left alone with 3-4 defenders - our midfielders & wide forwards 40 metres away. No striker looks good in those conditions.
Fair enough, but do you think if he had a chance in this game he would score it. Like be totally honest…He’s an enigma, a hard worker, but the fine points that a striker needs to have he severely lacks. He’s had poor to no training from youth level based on how he came up so I don’t blame him, but there was a period when he was at Lille where I thought he had added that aspect to his game on top of all his hard working off the ball ability. But in this tournament we ended up making the same excuses we made for Awoniyi in the last edition. Which should never be the case for an APOY. Honestly for all his graft in this kind of game we needed more skill, ability, positioning, forward play and cunning play. Which is not something you would get from Vic…Boniface injury robbed us of such a player…but it’s all good…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

THI LOSS IS SQUARELY ON OUR COACH
PISSS POR PERFORMANCE
PASSIVE AND LACKING IMAGINATION
THIS GAME WAS THERE TO BE WON
AFTER OUR GOAL THE DOUBT WAS BEGINNING TO ENTER THE IVORIANS HEADS -WE FAILED TO CAPITALIZE ON OUR GOOD FORTUNE
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Congrats to you. We are very proud of your country's organisation.

Really awesome tourney.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-0) Ekong HT

Post by ohsee »

metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:50 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 pm I know this makes me old, but we are playing the way the Rangers of the Christian Chukwu-Emeka Okala era used to play. I hope we win like they used to despite being outplayed.
Unc which kind black and white tv era games you watch :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin:
Black and white TV ke? Chief, I was at the Enugu Sports Stadium every Saturday, and when I was in Lagos, at the National Stadium to watch when Rangers came to town. :biggrin: It was full living colour. :thumbs:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ekong player of the tournament. :thumb: What a boss!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

bunda wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:19 pm THI LOSS IS SQUARELY ON OUR COACH
PISSS POR PERFORMANCE
AFTER OUR GOAL THE DOUBT WAS BEGINNING TO ENTER THE IVORIANS HEADS -WE FAILED TO CAPITALIZE ON OUR GOOD FORTUNE
:shyluv:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs CIV (1-0) Ekong HT

Post by metalalloy »

ohsee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:24 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:50 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:47 pm I know this makes me old, but we are playing the way the Rangers of the Christian Chukwu-Emeka Okala era used to play. I hope we win like they used to despite being outplayed.
Unc which kind black and white tv era games you watch :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin:
Black and white TV ke? Chief, I was at the Enugu Sports Stadium every Saturday, and when I was in Lagos, at the National Stadium to watch when Rangers came to town. :biggrin: It was full living colour. :thumbs:
:rotf: Nice one!!!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Forgive me for being the old man here but 40yrs ago , I was glued to my TV watching Nigeria take silver medal in the same location, and we scored first, but the result was a bigger hammering than this one
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:17 pm
tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:13 pm
damekadon wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:57 pm
tolahs wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:52 pm We were lucky to beat S.Africa - our mediocrity caught up with us. Most of our players don't play for top clubs & cannot handle
pressure. no creativity & our general level of technique has regressed - poor 1st touch all over. Passing is a joke. I now understand why i stopped following the SE for a long time. You end up depressed.
Our luck started with Angola. We suppose done go house since that game. We just don't show up and play with confidence.
The level of regression is disturbing. For years any Nigerian player even the tactically naive ones had good technique - so much of what i've seen here is got me baffled.
You can't base your conclusion of the whole tournament on today's performance and results alone.

I have seen some very very bad Nigerian teams over the past years.

This was a great tournament with arguably average players.

They over achieved. Personally I think that was down to this coach.

He is marmite to some including myself but he grew on me. Props to him.
My observations are based on the entire tourney especially with the SE. Things like 1st touch, crossing etc - weren't the
weaknesses they've become. Well organised tourney,but our coach didn't trust his bench enough & ran Victor into the ground.
Tourneys are about taking advantage of opportunities - Jose Mourhinho's friend showed a lack of ambition in his gameplan.
Acceptable against S.Africa given they've about 8 players from the same club but today has been a nightmare.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am so proud of the SE. They've done well as Bruno said, Our time go come... once we get this right we go dominate big time .. on to the WCQs and AFCON 2025
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

That Naija official wearing the green shirt doesn’t like Paseiro.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chei!!!!!! Jealousy wan kill me o as Ivory Coast are about to lift it

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:25 pm
bunda wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:19 pm THI LOSS IS SQUARELY ON OUR COACH
PISSS POR PERFORMANCE
:shyluv:
💯 Facts - i know nothing about this coach, does he have a history of winning trophies?
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
bunda
Egg
Egg

Post by bunda »

we need a coach with a winning mentality -this man clearly does not have it !