EJUKE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
EJUKE

Post by vancity eagle »

Played 81 minutes today and had an assist for Antwerp. This guy has now established himself with the team after a rough start.

He now has 2 goals and 2 assists and is the 2nd top dribbler in the league, when you calculate dribbles per 90 minutes.

He also is ranked 2nd in the league in KEY PASSES per 90 minutes.

Both these stats he is only behind the highly rated Antonio Nusa who is being courted by the top clubs.

Bottom line it seems Ejuke has improved his game and I'm particularly impressed by his key passes statistics, because his problem in the past has been his inability to pass.

Thos guy should def be in our setup, as we actually lack quality wingers.

He should be ahead of Chukwueze for sure. As should Nathan Tella.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EJUKE

Post by vancity eagle »

An absolute travesty he wasn't even included in the preliminary 50 man squad for afcon.

Honestly our scouting is just disgraceful.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:15 pm An absolute travesty he wasn't even included in the preliminary 50 man squad for afcon.

Very shocking. I watched how he was dribbling past Barcelona players with ease when they played. There is no way that guy should not be in Super Eagles squad.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I remember him having one selfish moment against Egypt in the last afcon and then it seemed he was just frozen out after that - hope we can bring him back as he has the “x factor” to unlock defenses
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He and Tella should be in the squad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“Shocking”
“Disgraceful”
“A travesty”

But we were all in agreement when his performance in the GWG was roundly condemned for his “masturbatory dribbles” and “no end product”.
So he has improved. Great!
Let him remain consistent for one full season and then we can talk.

We can’t just be inviting every Nigerian player that hits a purple patch at the expense of a more consistent (and familiar) player. Ejuke didn't quite make it in Germany, but the guy who did (Tella) got the call.
But even he didn’t make AFCON.

So there is competition, and it’s only going to get harder.
Just wait until we win this AFCON.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Jose has consistently emphasized that his selection process goes beyond individual skill, prioritizing players who seamlessly fit into his system. He values hardworking individuals who are willing to give their all for the team, running tirelessly for the full 90 minutes compared to dribblers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I wish VE wouldn’t mess up his fundamentally good points with his over the top emotional outbursts.

Ejuke is clearly talented and looks like he’s having a decent season. If he continues like this there’s no doubt he deserves to be in the set-up.

But the anger and angst that he’s not included yet is way way over-blown.

Post AFCON you can expect there’ll be some refreshing of the team. I hope he keeps doing well so he can be included.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:13 pm Played 81 minutes today and had an assist for Antwerp. This guy has now established himself with the team after a rough start.

He now has 2 goals and 2 assists and is the 2nd top dribbler in the league, when you calculate dribbles per 90 minutes.

Both these stats he is only behind the highly rated Antonio Nusa who is being courted by the top clubs.

Bottom line it seems Ejuke has improved his game and I'm particularly impressed by his key passes statistics, because his problem in the past has been his inability to pass.

Yeah .. could’ave, should’ave, would’ave … yet in your apoplectic state you’re still supporting CIV to win. The last time Ejuke played for the SE he was so useless people were shocked at his game. He barely beat defenders one on one.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:52 pm Jose has consistently emphasized that his selection process goes beyond individual skill, prioritizing players who seamlessly fit into his system. He values hardworking individuals who are willing to give their all for the team, running tirelessly for the full 90 minutes compared to dribblers.
And it shows.

VanCity isn’t a coaching genius, so forgive him.
Plus his heart overrides his head every single time. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ejuke na pius Ikedia that will look up once in a blue moon. I’m happy that he’s red hot right now , but Peseiro’s team was assembled a long time ago when Ejuke was a non-factor. We just happened to see the list when they were due.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:13 pm Played 81 minutes today and had an assist for Antwerp. This guy has now established himself with the team after a rough start.

Chukwueze plays for AC Milan, and has better world class exposure which is needed for the profiling of our super eagles.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:07 pm
iworo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:52 pm Jose has consistently emphasized that his selection process goes beyond individual skill, prioritizing players who seamlessly fit into his system. He values hardworking individuals who are willing to give their all for the team, running tirelessly for the full 90 minutes compared to dribblers.
And it shows.

VanCity isn’t a coaching genius, so forgive him.
Plus his heart overrides his head every single time. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Every single time.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

We already have similar styled players in the team - Simon and Chuks.

Wishing him all the best!
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This guy sef. You just said he is just now settling in at the club, yet you said it's a travesty he wasn't included in the initial 50 man squad. So you wanted them to include a player that was struggling to settle in at his club? Your head dey house so? Besides, we are in the final of the AFCON, so I would dare say the coaches made the right selections.
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:15 pm An absolute travesty he wasn't even included in the preliminary 50 man squad for afcon.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:50 pm “Shocking”
“Disgraceful”
“A travesty”

But we were all in agreement when his performance in the GWG was roundly condemned for his “masturbatory dribbles” and “no end product”.
So he has improved. Great!
Let him remain consistent for one full season and then we can talk.

We can’t just be inviting every Nigerian player that hits a purple patch at the expense of a more consistent (and familiar) player. Ejuke didn't quite make it in Germany, but the guy who did (Tella) got the call.
But even he didn’t make AFCON.

So there is competition, and it’s only going to get harder.
Just wait until we win this AFCON.
You are not making any sense at all.

Chukwueze has been RUBBISH for SE for the past 3 afcons and in between

Moses Simon has only slightly been better than Chuks.

Don't get me started on that rotten parasitical leech AKA the "motivational speaker"

It is a travesty Ejuke is not in the squad, especially with our lack of goals.

He deserves to be there on merrit.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

onovo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:14 pm

Chukwueze plays for AC Milan, and has better world class exposure which is needed for the profiling of our super eagles.
Chukwueze is a rubbish player

An ineffective one legged dancer. I dont care what club he plays for and he wont last long at Milan with the rubbish he is playing.

Ejuke is a far better player.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not true. Ejuke is comfortable on either wing, and may be able to fill in at AM on occasion. Ejuke also does at least as much defensive work as Chuwkueze.
Showboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:35 pm We already have similar styled players in the team - Simon and Chuks.

Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

olu wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:56 pm Not true. Ejuke is comfortable on either wing, and may be able to fill in at AM on occasion. Ejuke also does at least as much defensive work as Chuwkueze.
Showboy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:35 pm We already have similar styled players in the team - Simon and Chuks.

Your opinion but Ive seen both players I mentioned play either wings.

I also mentioned 2 players but you focussed on only 1 ... :roll:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)