Too much negativity..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Too much negativity..

Post by Lolly »

akamoke wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:01 am Thanks for this thread, let it be known that no matter how dissapointed we all are, the players are even more dissapointed

We can sit behind a screen and cowardly hurl names at the players or insult them, but they are the ones sweating it for 90 plus minutes a game and doing their best. They have fought for the country more than many of us have who love the glory hunt

Im proud that for a team that was written off at the beginning, they did what they could to get to the final

It was a tough game, our tactic was bound to be found wanting in the end but it wasn't meant to be

For me, I look forward to the next game. I hope we qualify for AFCON 2025 as well as the world cup

Let's cheer our boys and build their confidence, lets not shatter it further just because our egos (and bragging rights) have taken a dent
Well said.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

During the game, Victor Osimhen kept hushing the other players to push forward and stop playing so deep, but they did not listen. They chose to continue to defend very deep sticking to the coach's tactics. That says a lot about the mentality of this current squad and lack of leadership. In previous generations, they would have chosen to ignore the coach's tactics and switched to take away the pressure of the ivoriens. Our performance was too ugly.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Goldleaf wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:45 am During the game, Victor Osimhen kept hushing the other players to push forward and stop playing so deep, but they did not listen. They chose to continue to defend very deep sticking to the coach's tactics. That says a lot about the mentality of this current squad and lack of leadership. In previous generations, they would have chosen to ignore the coach's tactics and switched to take away the pressure of the ivoriens. Our performance was too ugly.
I don't blame the players for following instructions. They all worked very hard. This is on the manager. We need to make sure that future managers understand the Nigerian football DNA before we hire them.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Monescafe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:53 am You have been spoiled your whole life by sexy football Nigeria. Snap out of it. This team is actually the one that can get you through a world cup. Ugly and nasty but effective.
But we can’t qualify for the World Cup playing our defensive formation in every game.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:50 am
Monescafe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:53 am You have been spoiled your whole life by sexy football Nigeria. Snap out of it. This team is actually the one that can get you through a world cup. Ugly and nasty but effective.
But we can’t qualify for the World Cup playing our defensive formation in every game.
Exactly my point!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:43 pm Team is good.

As long as we play 3 midfielders from here on

As long as we choose balanced squads based on merrit.
But you know that will never happen, right? You can bet Musa would go to the world cup and Pasiero would continue with 2 midfielders.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:08 am Is this the type of football that Peseiro has been serving up?

Are folks happy with it? Is it the best use of the personnel he has at his disposal? Serious questions.

Reminded me of Jose Mourinho having the best attacking talents of the world at his disposal and playing with 10 men behind the ball at home to Rayo Vallecano.
Thank you! You can't have the best and most expensive attacking force in Africa and then attempt to play a defensive system. A defensive system that was figured out by our opponents in the quarter final stage of the competition!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If we take the fact into consideration that we lost 3 players, Ndidi, Boniface and Sadiq before AFCON, the result doesn’t look so bad.
I just hope we are able to strengthen the squad in areas where we lack depth and quality
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:26 am If we take the fact into consideration that we lost 3 players, Ndidi, Boniface and Sadiq before AFCON, the result doesn’t look so bad.
I just hope we are able to strengthen the squad in areas where we lack depth and quality
The result is great. But success is not sustainable if we keep playing too scared. Peseiro will not listen and he will play 5 defenders again against SA in June - that is my worry. I'm not bothered about the AFCON- we can do it in 2025.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 pm After the loss. This Nigeria squad is world cup level, and when they qualify, I expect the team to do very well. They played really well during the tournament.

There are a lot of things that can be built on. The defense and attack are superb and the midfield is almost complete. I believe with a few additional stars on the team and this will surely happen between now and the next WC, I expect this team will be a formidable team in the next WC.
We won't qualify with Peseiro.
Thank you. Abeg loud am.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:40 pm I am actually very excited about the prospect of this team, This team will be solid, When the likes of Wilf, Boniface, Umar, etc all return, oh boy
Which space dem one play under the 343 system
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bunda wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:02 am mark my words -we will not qualify for the World Cup with this coach
CIvoire won because they acted DECISIVELY and got rid of a non performing coach
we were found out today-SA game was a foretaste when we come up against a tactically astute coach
he has to go now!
and your words offer what to anyone on these forums?? Do your words feed us? Do your words score goals for Nigeria? smh ..the audacity of some of una .. pride comes before what again? I can tell you this your words will not tell you what will happen tomorrow, your words cannot guarantee how long life will be for each individual. Use your words for something better . A word is enough for the wise
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I totally agree. I was disappointed in the performance but on the whole this is a promising team. We have a good chance in Morocco.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:26 am If we take the fact into consideration that we lost 3 players, Ndidi, Boniface and Sadiq before AFCON, the result doesn’t look so bad.
I see the Quack Agent is here crying again. Boo hoo hoo.. we lost 3 players. Quiet there one time! Your passion for corruption when you supported Aribo 6 games! Aibo 6 games and Dubai should tell you to keep your mouth shut and sit this out.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Those 3 would not have made any difference.
Ndidi is, IMO, quite overrated as it pertains to the SE.
This was all about the coaches strategy of playing possum in the finals and he got burned.
This was a game the SE should have won and the coach blew it! Pure and simple.