Too much negativity..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Too much negativity..

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:10 am
wiseone wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:50 am FFS we have some utterly entitled and delusional people on this forum. Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ finished 2nd in a 24 team tournament. Only the host nation finished above Nigeria (even then - Nigeria beat said host nation earlier in the tournament). The only way Nigeria would have won was to do something that has never happened in the near 70 year history of the AFCON: beat a host nation twice in the same tournament.

Finishing 2nd out of 24 and losing to the host nation is a very admirable performance. Reigning champions Senegal πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡³ lost to this same Ivory Coast team in the 2nd round. Yet Senegalese fans are not calling for the coach to be fired and for half the team to be dropped.

Nigeria lost in the final and some people here want to restart from scratch - instead of keeping the coach and team together to make the incremental step from 2nd to 1st.
I'm not unhappy with a silver. I'm just concerned that we will not make the World Cup with this coach.
I share this sentiment. I stated such after the South Africa match, and was abused.

Including by you if I am not mistaken.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:13 am
aruako1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:10 am
wiseone wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:50 am FFS we have some utterly entitled and delusional people on this forum. Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ finished 2nd in a 24 team tournament. Only the host nation finished above Nigeria (even then - Nigeria beat said host nation earlier in the tournament). The only way Nigeria would have won was to do something that has never happened in the near 70 year history of the AFCON: beat a host nation twice in the same tournament.

Finishing 2nd out of 24 and losing to the host nation is a very admirable performance. Reigning champions Senegal πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡³ lost to this same Ivory Coast team in the 2nd round. Yet Senegalese fans are not calling for the coach to be fired and for half the team to be dropped.

Nigeria lost in the final and some people here want to restart from scratch - instead of keeping the coach and team together to make the incremental step from 2nd to 1st.
I'm not unhappy with a silver. I'm just concerned that we will not make the World Cup with this coach.
I share this sentiment. I stated such after the South Africa match, and was abused.

Including by you if I am not mistaken.
Show me where I was confident about our WCQ with Peseiro. I call you out when you dish out abuse to the usual suspects (including wishing them death) while acting the gentleman on BigSoccer
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

you get time :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: its the usual over grown brainless baby running around opening threads left and right. Just ignore the clown. :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

YUJAM wrote: ↑Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 pm After the loss. This Nigeria squad is world cup level, and when they qualify, I expect the team to do very well. They played really well during the tournament.

There are a lot of things that can be built on. The defense and attack are superb and the midfield is almost complete. I believe with a few additional stars on the team and this will surely happen between now and the next WC, I expect this team will be a formidable team in the next WC.
Thank-you Yujam. No one expected the SE to make it this far. They made the final of Afcon for the first time in 10 years. Bravo to the players and coach. Some reports were saying the SE were favorites ahead of this final. However, for anyone who watched SE and Cote D'Ivoire over their last 3 games in knockout would not underate this Ivorian team. I thought they were the favorite ahead of today and they played well. The one thing with the SE today - they did not seem to have the same energy as in some of their earlier games...it could be the weather.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

sarkin doya wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:27 am
YUJAM wrote: ↑Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 pm After the loss. This Nigeria squad is world cup level, and when they qualify, I expect the team to do very well. They played really well during the tournament.

There are a lot of things that can be built on. The defense and attack are superb and the midfield is almost complete. I believe with a few additional stars on the team and this will surely happen between now and the next WC, I expect this team will be a formidable team in the next WC.
Thank-you Yujam. No one expected the SE to make it this far. They made the final of Afcon for the first time in 10 years. Bravo to the players and coach. Some reports were saying the SE were favorites ahead of this final. However, for anyone who watched SE and Cote D'Ivoire over their last 3 games in knockout would not underate this Ivorian team. I thought they were the favorite ahead of today and they played well. The one thing with the SE today - they did not seem to have the same energy as in some of their earlier games...it could be the weather.
It was down to the poor squad management of the coach and his ultra defensive tactics. He wore his core team out by failing to rotate his squad, and then got them gassed out with his ultra defensive tactics. I'm happy we got to the final but I don't see us qualifying for the WC.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:14 am We didn't show up at an AFCON final. Of course there's negativity. Losing is one thing but to not even try is unacceptable.

That was the first full game I've seen with Peseiro as manager. May it be the last.
You are a lucky man. This is exactly what he has been feeding us for one year! ONE YEAR!!! and some natives told us that he is "a very good coach," ignoring 32 years of failure.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:11 am I am not mad because we lost.

I am mad because

1. Our coach was a coward, even against South Africa
2. Our coach plays our best player as a DM
3. Our coach only believes in playing 2 midfielders
4. Our coach and the NFF do not believe in meritocracy, they continue to make excuse for that shi$head Musa
5. Our coach is too slow to see obvious things.
"Whatever happens, Peseiro must stay." - vancity eagle (January 18th, 2024)
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

Β© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:58 am

Yujam

Well stated. Let me add that I like what the manager did with the team at this AFCON after repeated poor performances prior to the competition. Clearly, this was Nigeria's poorest outing ..... by MILES. The team may already be thinking of winning the trophy without first doing the hardworking. The effort level was just poor.

Let the manager be. The team should recover from this with few personnel changes.
Is it me or ae you guys trying to re-write history?

EQG - above average performance
CIV - great performance
GB - poor performance
Cameroon - great performance
Angola - average performance
South Africa - average performance
CIV - poor performance

So, in 7 games, he had only 2 great performances, after a terrible 1 year of very sh11t performances? LOL. Nigerians deserve every ounce of pain you are feeling! Lets continie with him and see the type of pain that will continue
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:11 am I am not mad because we lost.

I am mad because

1. Our coach was a coward, even against South Africa
2. Our coach plays our best player as a DM
3. Our coach only believes in playing 2 midfielders
4. Our coach and the NFF do not believe in meritocracy, they continue to make excuse for that shi$head Musa
5. Our coach is too slow to see obvious things.
I am mad because Nigerians do not listen and as people always say "NIGERIANS NEVER LEARN!" Absolutely never seen a cursed people like this before who refuse to learn from their past! In every single thing! They absolutely refuse to learn!

I give them 3 weeks, once this game slowly dies into their memory, watch them come out to support Peseiro and Div 2 players again! I can guarantee you that!! They are going to be calling for Div 2 and 3 players. :oops:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:45 am

Yujam

Well stated. Let me add that I like what the manager did with the team at this AFCON after repeated poor performances prior to the competition. Clearly, this was Nigeria's poorest outing ..... by MILES. The team may already be thinking of winning the trophy without first doing the hardworking. The effort level was just poor.

Let the manager be. The team should recover from this with few personnel changes.
Is it me or ae you guys trying to re-write history?

EQG - above average performance
CIV - great performance
GB - poor performance
Cameroon - great performance
Angola - average performance
South Africa - average performance
CIV - poor performance

So, in 7 games, he had only 2 great performances, after a terrible 1 year of very sh11t performances? LOL. Nigerians deserve every ounce of pain you are feeling! Lets continie with him and see the type of pain that will continue
But the point you raise is exactly that. He was producing nothing trying to play an ultra attacking formation. He changes all that at this AFCON and it led to a second place. It was a finish that no one contemplated with this team when the team was attempting to use an attacking formation.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:57 am

But the point you raise is exactly that. He was producing nothing trying to play an ultra attacking formation. He changes all that at this AFCON and it led to a second place. It was a finish that no one contemplated with this team when the team was attempting to use an attacking formation.
Okay fine, keep him! :lol: :woot:
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

It was the very least he could have done, considering the lackluster performance this team posted in the final - the most important game this team would have played in the past 10 years!
The coach's tactics were mediocre today and he got found out by an assistant coach of Ivory Coast. Worse still, he was snake bit and seemed to lack the football intelligence to respond.
His decision to invest in a light midfield, as evidenced in his previous callups of 4 or so midfielders, came to haunt him when it mattered most.
You cannot have that depth of attacking talent on your squad and not provide them with the key tools to function and utilize it to your advantage. Pisserror blew this game, bigtime!!!
I really don't believe he has anything else or tangible to offer, going forward. We really need to explore other options, otherwise we would end up watching the World Cup from the outside, looking in.

Yujam

Last edited by Otitokoro on Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

aruako1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:30 am
sarkin doya wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:27 am

It was down to the poor squad management of the coach and his ultra defensive tactics. He wore his core team out by failing to rotate his squad, and then got them gassed out with his ultra defensive tactics. I'm happy we got to the final but I don't see us qualifying for the WC.
Yeap how I saw it too…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:59 am

I need to find a good European team to support to numb the upcoming Peseiro pain in June. Any suggestions outside the London, Manchester and Liverpool teams?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Otitokoro wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:02 am It was the very least he could have done, considering the lackluster performance this team posted in the final - the most important game this team would have played in the past 10 years!
The coach's tactics were mediocre today and he got found out by an assistant coach of Ivory Coast. Worse still, he was snake bit and seemed to lack the football intelligence to respond.
Someone who got out-coached and exposed by his own youth team coach (Angola) and out-coached by an old dinosaur? :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:04 am

I need to find a good European team to support to numb the upcoming Peseiro pain in June. Any suggestions outside the London, Manchester and Liverpool teams?
Real Madrid never disappoints. Some of us have also been supporting Leverkusen this year, and its been an amazing experience.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:08 am

Real Madrid never disappoints. Some of us have also been supporting Leverkusen this year, and its been an amazing experience.
I think I'll go for Leverkussen. Hopefully I can find a few tickets
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

aruako1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:09 am

Go drink kai kai to numb your super eagles pain.
Monescafe
Egg
Egg

Post by Monescafe »

You have been spoiled your whole life by sexy football Nigeria. Snap out of it. This team is actually the one that can get you through a world cup. Ugly and nasty but effective.
"His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea, King of Scotland and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular" :lol:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:02 am
His decision to invest in a light midfield, as evidenced in his previous callups of 4 or so midfielders, came to haunt him when it mattered most.
You cannot have that depth of attacking talent on your squad and not provide them with the key tools to function and utilize it to your advantage. Pisserror blew this game, bigtime!!!

I agree with everything you said here.

But let me ask you this

How sure are you the next coach would do anything different with the midfield ?

The last 3 coaches all did the same thing with the midfield. THEY IGNORED IT.

Previous coaches like SSS also ignored it.

424 became a staple of Nigerian soccer with Egu immortalizing it on a viral Youtube presentation.

So I ask again.

How sure are you the next coach would do any different ?

Because if they dont have a revolutionary way forward beyond what the past 3 coaches and beyond have done, then we might as well keep Peseiro.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Monescafe wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:53 am You have been spoiled your whole life by sexy football Nigeria. Snap out of it. This team is actually the one that can get you through a world cup. Ugly and nasty but effective.
Those tactics would actually be much more effective AT THE WORLD CUP

But would those same tactics QUALIFY US ? Especially with our current defecit.

I dont think so.

Against the low block we will be finished.

Thing is did Peseiro really need to park the bus against Guinea Bissau, Angola, and South Africa ? Really ? I mean I can understand CIV in front of their fans to an extent, but those other teams ? Rubbish.

So how will that bus parking help us when we need wins AND GOALS in upcomming qualifying.

Is he going to tell us that he needs only ONE GOAL and not to concede any, when we play Rwanda ?

Is that the garbage he has ready to serve us ?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

scholl wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:17 am
aruako1 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:09 am

Go drink kai kai to numb your super eagles pain.
I'm fine for now (I'm not flying to Germany this weekend) but I need a distraction after Peseiro leads us to a draw or loss against South Africa in June.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: ↑Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:44 pm

We won't qualify with Peseiro.
That’s very obvious. Unless he can find an attacking formula or formation that works with the players we have. 4-3-3 should be our best formation but the coach hasn’t figured out who to use and how to direct them in such. We did okay what it against Equatorial Guinea but we need more games before we can get it right.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."