Pitso Mosimane

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Pitso Mosimane

Post by aruako1 »

Would he be a good fit for the SE? He knows the African game well and won a few CAF Champions League trophies. He also finished 3rd in the Club World Cup with Al-Ahly. What do you think?
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Re: Pitso Mosimane

Post by Agbako »

Lets look inward Stop this Foreigner is best mentality. I use to have that wack view before.
As far as our Footy is concerned no foreigner will get us to the promise land.

Lets use our brain for once. A local coach young who have never coached any known top team in his country
Ivory Coast. Took up the reign of a National team and Won AFCON for the first time. What experience he brings? I ask?

He knows his country football and it shows. Took a battered team after useless white coach was sacked to the Promise land.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:12 pm Would he be a good fit for the SE? He knows the African game well and won a few CAF Champions League trophies. He also finished 3rd in the Club World Cup with Al-Ahly. What do you think?
me i no sure about that one, if we had another team in our world-cup group i will send 1naija the uber driver to go pick him up.. You know Nigerians and our mouth, they will talk say bobo nah secret agent for SA

I actually do rate him as a very good coach and won't think twice. Now the question , will the NFF extend JP's contract? Do they still believe he can qualify us for AFCON 25 and WC 26?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Agbako wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:16 pm Lets look inward Stop this Foreigner is best mentality. I use to have that wack view before.

Lets use our brain for once. A local coach young who have never coached any known top team in his country
Ivory Coast. Took up the reign of a National team and Won AFCON for the first time. What experience he brings? I ask?

He knows his country football and it shows. Took a battered team after useless white coach was sacked to the Promise land.
You don't know me on this forum if you think I'm a "foreigner is best" type of person so your comment about using "our brain" is, frankly, unfortunate. Go and ask well. My criteria is because he knows the African game very well and may see Nigeria as a national team project that he can make a success of.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:18 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:12 pm Would he be a good fit for the SE? He knows the African game well and won a few CAF Champions League trophies. He also finished 3rd in the Club World Cup with Al-Ahly. What do you think?
me i no sure about that one, if we had another team in our world-cup group i will send 1naija the uber driver to go pick him up.. You know Nigerians and our mouth, they will talk say bobo nah secret agent for SA

I actually do rate him as a very good coach and won't think twice. Now the question , will the NFF extend JP's contract? Do they still believe he can qualify us for AFCON 25 and WC 26?
You have a point about the awkwardness of having SA in our group. For Peseiro, I'm worried that he will continue his ultra defensive tactics.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Agbako wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:16 pm Lets look inward Stop this Foreigner is best mentality. I use to have that wack view before.

No mind dem! Less than 24 hrs ago, a local coach, an assistant coach for that matter outclassed our almighty foreign coach and we are here still trying to look for foreign coaches. The last 3 Afcons have been won by local coaches!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

gochino wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:41 pm

No mind dem! Less than 24 hrs ago, a local coach, an assistant coach for that matter outclassed our almighty foreign coach and we are here still trying to look for foreign coaches. The last 3 Afcons have been won by local coaches!
You are not a bigger advocate of local coaches than me on this forum. My posts are there. I am asking about an African coach that knows the terrain. What is wrong with that?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:26 pm

You have a point about the awkwardness of having SA in our group. For Peseiro, I'm worried that he will continue his ultra defensive tactics.
You should see Paseiro’s interview BigP posted a few days ago.
In that interview, Paseiro replied to a question about AFCON formation. He said his team played well and created chances during qualifiers but didn’t win. He mentioned some games too. He felt as a result, the players were low on confidence.

So he analyzed AFCON and realized that teams with good defenses do well. That is why he went with a more defensive setup for AFCON. And as the team got results, the players gained confidence.

So he might go back to the qualifying formations since the team is more confident and may start putting away their numerous chances.
Paseiro or no Paseiro, one thing is for sure. S. Africa will be out for revenge. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Kabalega wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:56 pm

You should see Paseiro’s interview BigP posted a few days ago.
In that interview, Paseiro replied to a question about AFCON formation. He said his team played well and created chances during qualifiers but didn’t win. He mentioned some games too. He felt as a result, the players were low on confidence.

So he analyzed AFCON and realized that teams with good defenses do well. That is why he went with a more defensive setup for AFCON. And as the team got results, the players gained confidence.

So he might go back to the qualifying formations since the team is more confident and may start putting away their numerous chances.
Paseiro or no Paseiro, one thing is for sure. S. Africa will be out for revenge. :)
Our players are smarting from missing the last WC so they won't lack motivation. But hopefully, we play more positively. DRC and Mali showed what we can do if we attack SA.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Emerse Fae won the tournament, kudos to him. But that in itself doesn't prove his competence. It's a very different ask for a coach to build a team and instill some playing styles on them. He inherited a team that had just played 3 games together in the middle of a tournament. A lot of questions had been answered. Wish him well as he goes from here.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Gentleman. yes you are right I don't know you oooo. And I surely appreciate you did not use this my statement to abuse me like most do here. But I hear you loudly. Your choice of an African to replace Jose is ok. I think he is very qualified. But the truth is we need our own coach. Lets find a coach with a little integrity, just a little integrity. Then we give him eve more than we give our Oyibo useless coac hes we carry to our community here.

They have done nothing but destroy our style of soccer. Is this the way we play Football? Is this the type of useless weak and unproductive soccer that Nigeria is known for? Even if we have won the AFCON. I will never be impressed with my Super Eagles
way of playing coward Football. Unenterprising style of Football. Destroying ur Football Foundation just to spruce up their resume.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Should be a candidate. The problem is the NFF is already linked to a Belgian coach, Seinfelt(sp) as possible replacement for Peseiro. The return of Peseiro is their first choice. Don't be shocked to see the return of Rohr.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:59 pm Should be a candidate. The problem is the NFF is already linked to a Belgian coach, Seinfelt(sp) as possible replacement for Peseiro. The return of Peseiro is their first choice. Don't be shocked to see the return of Rohr.
Oh my God!!! What have we done to deserve the NFF?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Agbako wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:52 pm

Gentleman. yes you are right I don't know you oooo. And I surely appreciate you did not use this my statement to abuse me like most do here. But I hear you loudly. Your choice of an African to replace Jose is ok. I think he is very qualified. But the truth is we need our own coach. Lets find a coach with a little integrity, just a little integrity. Then we give him eve more than we give our Oyibo useless coac hes we carry to our community here.

They have done nothing but destroy our style of soccer. Is this the way we play Football? Is this the type of useless weak and unproductive soccer that Nigeria is known for? Even if we have won the AFCON. I will never be impressed with my Super Eagles
way of playing coward Football. Unenterprising style of Football. Destroying ur Football Foundation just to spruce up their resume.
No worries, Bro. I agree with you about the double standards when it comes to oyibo v local coaches. I was hoping we could pair Pitso with his successor as his assistant. Then we can transition to the local manager after he is done.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Any coach, foreign or domestic, will still have to contend with officials and fans who love to
unnecessarily interfere with players choices and game day selections. Until we resolve these,
our team situation cannot function properly.
BTW, why are our domestic coaching options suggestions based mainly on ex-players. The best
players do not necessarily make good coaches.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

joao wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:24 pm Any coach, foreign or domestic, will still have to contend with officials and fans who love to
unnecessarily interfere with players choices and game day selections. Until we resolve these,
BTW, why are our domestic coaching options suggestions based mainly on ex-players. The best
True. And you have a point about the coaches who are not ex-players.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

joao wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:24 pm Any coach, foreign or domestic, will still have to contend with officials and fans who love to
Kai my broda you just drop the biggest bomb for this room.. No matter our enthusiasms
That bunch NFF.. NFF. NFF is the major issue oooooo.. We can speculate good tin all we want.

We can not decide. I deh siddon somewhere jareee