Alex Iwobi to retire from the SE?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alex Iwobi to retire from the SE?

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:35 pm
aruako1 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:02 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:51 pm Was just reading this on Washington Post... https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... ge-course/

Should athletes be taught how to maximize their interaction with the media?
...And sometimes it’s more on the nose, such as when Sanders himself visited class this month for a presentation about social media.

He arrived, as he usually does, trailed by cameras and members of his media team. He then explained why his personal security guard stood in the corner, wearing a tan cowboy hat and dark shades inside.

“We get death threats, so, you know, we have to bring security places,” Sanders said, laughing with the room. “I’m dead serious, too. I’m not lying.”
Should we have done more with the kind of diatribe VanCityEagle had when he wished death on Amodu or wished that Musa have a debilitating injury? Are we all enablers?
Yes. Vancity behaves the way he does because he is allowed to. I've seen him on another forum. We have allowed this forum to become a place where people can display all the bad behaviour that they wouldn't display elsewhere.

So now you are blaming me for insults other people have made.

Including members on THIS forum.

People opening threads "Iwobi is useless" etc etc.

But it's my fault. Carry on.
No. I was responding to a statement about your despicable insults including you wishing people death. You can only do it here because you can get away with it. You wouldn't dare to do it on any other forum. You are well behaved on BigSoccer.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Alex Iwobi to retire from the SE?

Post by Coach »

Re: Chukwueze. Adama Traore comes to mind. At one point the latter clocked the most successful dribbles in all of Europe. Add that to being one of the game’s greatest speedsters, such was/is the “talent”, Barca came calling. Much like Chukwueze, for all the talent, the statistics are underwhelming.

Talent is too arbitrary a measure, too circumstantial a metric as to be near useless in the context of any Chukwueze debate.

In this age of big data, numbers are king. Remove the rose tinted glasses and look at the cold hard statistics. Chukwueze, Villarreal (22/23) 2348 minutes played, 6 goals, 5 assists. Effectively one goal involvement every 253 minutes.

Milan thus far (Serie A), one goal involvement in 540 minutes. His “talent” has given him a profession, the rest resides in the realms of potential. For JP to assume this his cup final talisman was utter madness.