Amuneke for Coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kali
Egg
Egg
Amuneke for Coach

Post by kali »

Nigeria should reappoint Amuneke coach of the Super Eagles. Out of the crop of ex players he is the most tactically astute and got the best out of Osihmen and Chukwueze.
kali
Egg
Egg
Re: Amuneke for Coach

Post by kali »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kuku give him the job. He's going to have to fight his wing mate Finidi for the job anyway . Maybe he can get our wing play dice game going again.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kali wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:24 am Nigeria should reappoint Amuneke coach of the Super Eagles. Out of the crop of ex players he is the most tactically astute and got the best out of Osihmen and Chukwueze.
What has he done lately?
Or is his only qualification his Nigerian passport?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:28 am
kali wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:24 am Nigeria should reappoint Amuneke coach of the Super Eagles. Out of the crop of ex players he is the most tactically astute and got the best out of Osihmen and Chukwueze.
What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
I heard Finidi was the architect of the 343, that he convinced Pesseiro to go defensive. May not be true but if we’re going to go local then Finidi is the only option. He has put in the work as a coach on the local level along with his international pedigree. I’d actually encourage the nff to hire Finidi and support him with top assistants.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:39 am
What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
I heard Finidi was the architect of the 343, that he convinced Pesseiro to go defensive. May not be true but if we’re going to go local then Finidi is the only option. He has put in the work as a coach on the local level along with his international pedigree. I’d actually encourage the nff to hire Finidi and support him with top assistants.
I’d go with Finidi any day before Amuneke, who has had a shot already at the national team level and let’s be honest, didn’t make much of it.
He wouldn’t even make a SE shortlist of 30 if not for the fact that he has a Nigerian passport.
Fact.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:11 am
What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
I’d go with Finidi any day before Amuneke, who has had a shot already at the national team level and let’s be honest, didn’t make much of it.
He wouldn’t even make a SE shortlist of 30 if not for the fact that he has a Nigerian passport.
Fact.
He has national team coaching experience and he has coached the U-17s to a world cup. SobI think his name will always feature among local contenders.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:13 am
What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
Fact.
He has national team coaching experience and he has coached the U-17s to a world cup. SobI think his name will always feature among local contenders.
Yep, key point bolded.
We are basically devoid of quality local options.
Scraping the barrel, basically.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:22 am
What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
Fact.
Yep, key point bolded.
Well when Keshi came on he had failed as under 20 coach. He had also lost out in AFCON first rounds with Togo and Mali even though he qualified the former for the WC so you would probablyhave said the same about him. Gareth Southgate was relegated with Middlesbrough.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 am
What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
Fact.
Yep, key point bolded.
Well when Keshi came on he had failed as under 20 coach. He had also lost out in AFCON first rounds with Togo and Mali even though he qualified the former for the WC so you would probablyhave said the same about him. Gareth Southgate was relegated with Middlesbrough.
I don’t mind Finidi if that is the route the NFF wants to go but Finidi has to do better than recommending Leke Ojo as our backup GK. Make him no full our squad with Enyimba players in the name of loyalty. Enyimba is not at the level of Memelodi Sundowns.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
Peseinro tried the same 5-4-1 (3-4-3 as some want to call it) when we played Ecuador in 2022 and it was a disaster. Imagine playing such in a friendly.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

packerland wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:46 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:28 am What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.
Fact.
Yep, key point bolded.
I don’t mind Finidi if that is the route the NFF wants to go but Finidi has to do better than recommending Leke Ojo as our backup GK. Make him no full our squad with Enyimba players in the name of loyalty. Enyimba is not at the level of Memelodi Sundowns.
Leke Ojo is a decent goalkeeper but outside Mbaoma and Daga I don't see any other Enyimba players that can potentially be in the mix. I like Finidi but I am probably biased because I didn't like the way Enyimba played against Wydad. But then, that is not enough to count him out.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Quick questions:

1. does Nigeria's coach have to be an ex-international? or a successful ex-international?

2. Does Nigeria's coach have to be from the class of '94? (A class I now kind of see as the toxic class of Nigerian football, just like Man United's class of 99).

I dont know why we are absolutely bang myopic when it comes to listing names of Nigerians who can coach the Eagles. Its like our vocabulary is soooo limited.. And the only people we know are from the class of '94. You guys do realize that there are better coaches and much more qualified Nigerian than the class of '94, which has produced hangers on, criminals and failure, right?

After all, Ndubuisi Egbo won the Albanian League with Tirana, qualified them for the Champions League. He is now the coach of FC Prishtina, where he also won the Super Cup a few weeks ago.

While Egbo is leading teams to victory, and out there in the coaching-market, properly working; Amunike, like his toxic calss of '94, are waiting by the NFF's office with a bowl, looking for hand-out appointments. :oops:

Lets think outside the box please.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:55 pm Quick questions:

1. does Nigeria's coach have to be an ex-international? or a successful ex-international?

2. Does Nigeria's coach have to be from the class of '94? (A class I now kind of see as the toxic class of Nigerian football, just like Man United's class of 99).

I dont know why we are absolutely bang myopic when it comes to listing names of Nigerians who can coach the Eagles. Its like our vocabulary is soooo limited.. And the only people we know are from the class of '94. You guys do realize that there are better coaches and much more qualified Nigerian than the class of '94, which has produced hangers on, criminals and failure, right?

After all, Ndubuisi Egbo won the Albanian League with Tirana, qualified them for the Champions League. He is now the coach of FC Prishtina, where he also won the Super Cup a few weeks ago.

While Egbo is leading teams to victory, and out there in the coaching-market, properly working; Amunike, like his toxic calss of '94, are waiting by the NFF's office with a bowl, looking for hand-out appointments. :oops:

Egbo is also an ex-international. He is not as well known as Finidi and Amuneke so why is it a suprise that they come up on lists more often than him. Finidi is currently managing the Nigerian league defending champions and Amuneke has had a few coaching jobs. They deserve to be in the conversation too.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:21 pm

Egbo is also an ex-international. He is not as well known as Finidi and Amuneke so why is it a suprise that they come up on lists more often than him. Finidi is currently managing the Nigerian league defending champions and Amuneke has had a few coaching jobs. They deserve to be in the conversation too.
I dont care about who is in the conversation, and if you guys like do not hire Egbo, thats your problem.

My question is why do we always think inside a box! Is it too much to ask Nigerians to think outside the box?? Every time they ask about a coach, you guys recycle the same names. Everytime they ask for President, you guys recycle the same names. Are you guys not tired of recycling? Are you not tired of "doing the same thing, the same way, and expecting a different result?"

Think outside the box for once. Just once and lets see what would happen. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:24 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:21 pm

I dont care about who is in the conversation, and if you guys like do not hire Egbo, thats your problem.

My question is why do we always think inside a box! Is it too much to ask Nigerians to think outside the box?? Every time they ask about a coach, you guys recycle the same names. Everytime they ask for President, you guys recycle the same names. Are you guys not tired of recycling? Are you not tired of "doing the same thing, the same way, and expecting a different result?"

Think outside the box for once. Just once and lets see what would happen. :oops:
You guys? Where did anyone say that they did not like Egbo? He is not well known. And as for "recycling" names, that is the case because you don't find Nigerian coaches with international experience in every street corner. So whether you like it or not,some of the same names will come up anytime there is a potential vacancy.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

So Peseiro is gone?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:28 pm

You guys? Where did anyone say that they did not like Egbo? He is not well known. And as for "recycling" names, that is the case because you don't find Nigerian coaches with international experience in every street corner. So whether you like it or not,some of the same names will come up anytime there is a potential vacancy.
Uhmm.. the same way you guys told us we dont have any goalkeeper better than the rubbish we had like Akeyi, the short yellow paw paw and Uzoho? Only to find 27 year old Nwabali?

Or the same way you guys have told us we didnt have midfielders, and then Yusuf showed up to walk into the starting line up?

When would you guys learn to think outside the box??!!! We dont find Nigerian coaches with international experience in every street corner BECAUSE your head is buried in a box and you refuse to go out there and look! Like i said, think outside the box, stop bing an ostrich.

The way the same names for GK came up anytime there was a potential vacancy because you buried your head deep in the sand and refused to be enlightened, thats the same way you have buried your head again in this circumstance.

Open you mind! Think outside the box, I say! Not just in football, but also in life! Learn to think outside the box :oops:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:25 pm

Uhmm.. the same way you guys told us we dont have any goalkeeper better than the rubbish we had like Akeyi, the short yellow paw paw and Uzoho? Only to find 27 year old Nwabali?

Or the same way you guys have told us we didnt have midfielders, and then Yusuf showed up to walk into the starting line up?

When would you guys learn to think outside the box??!!! We dont find Nigerian coaches with international experience in every street corner BECAUSE your head is buried in a box and you refuse to go out there and look! Like i said, think outside the box, stop bing an ostrich.

The way the same names for GK came up anytime there was a potential vacancy because you buried your head deep in the sand and refused to be enlightened, thats the same way you have buried your head again in this circumstance.

Open you mind! Think outside the box, I say! Not just in football, but also in life! Learn to think outside the box :oops:
We are going round in circles in this discussion and that is your specialty. So let us agree to disagree
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:26 pm

We are going round in circles in this discussion and that is your specialty. So let us agree to disagree
Think Outside The Box :oops:

There is no circles here.

You - there are very few to little qualified Nigerians with international experience in coaching who can take up the Eagles, so its normal to keep listing Finidi, Amuneke, Amokachi, Siasia, Salisu, Oliseh

Me - Not true. There are other Nigerians who have the qualification to coach the Eagles. Let us list those ones, as these above list of failed coaches + criminals (Siasia and Salisu) need to go and get a job elsewhere.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:28 pm
aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:26 pm

Think Outside The Box :oops:

There is no circles here.

You - there are very few to little qualified Nigerians with international experience in coaching who can take up the Eagles, so its normal to keep listing Finidi, Amuneke, Amokachi, Siasia, Salisu, Oliseh

Me - Not true. There are other Nigerians who have the qualification to coach the Eagles. Let us list those ones, as these above list of failed coaches + criminals (Siasia and Salisu) need to go and get a job elsewhere.

I'm surprised that you have not gone ahead and listed the others...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:37 pm I'm surprised that you have not gone ahead and listed the others...
Why are you suprised?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Abi?
People just come here and talk anyhow.
Was he not part of the consortium of meathead coaches that blew our WC chance against a rag tag Ghanaian team?
Abegi!
What has he done lately?
Weytin do Finidi?

You wan cry.