Ndubuisi Egbo: Time To Bring Him Home

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ndubuisi Egbo: Time To Bring Him Home

Post by danfo driver »

azuka wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:29 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:58 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:53 pm
Ok but what makes him so special, is the Albanian league really better than the Nigerian league? I am for local coaches but please lets stop trying so hard to seek validation from Europe in anything we do.
What made Peseiro so special? The recommendation of Mourinho? or the fact that he failed spectacularly at Venezuela and 31 years before that?

For me, I am attracted to winners. Thats why I will include Egbo on the list, as well as Pisto.

But y'all feel free to hire whoever you like though.
Fine, what makes him better than Finidi or any of our league coaches, Albania has only10 clubs in their league, the Nigerian league is better and more competitive.
Can't we get both to team up and coach the SE?
Why?

We need to hire one coach and let him pick his assistants.

Would you have recommended we get both Rohr and Peseiro to team up and coach the SE? How about Arteta and Unai Emery, should thy team up and coach Arsenal?

We know you'll never recommend that. NEVER! So, If not, why is it a recommendation that should be made when black coaches are involved? They dont deserve the same respect?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:13 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:12 pm

Fine, what makes him better than Finidi or any of our league coaches, Albania has only10 clubs in their league, the Nigerian league is better and more competitive.
Is he better than Finidi? I didnt know that. Why do you say he is better than Finidi?

Egbo is a winner - Won 1 title, qualified his team for the UEFA Champions League and a super cup a few weeks ago
Finidi is a winner - Won 1 title and qualified his team for the African Champions League

My only issue with Finidi is that I have watched him be part of the coaching crew of a team in the last 1 year and the team has been dreadful for 1 year.
My opinion is Pasiero needs to go, period! Imagine us facing Spain or France with our two midfielders. Finidi has been with the team for a while, that is a big advantage, with Egbo we will be starting afresh....By the way Egbo was sacked after underperforming in the Champions league.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 pm My opinion is Pasiero needs to go, period! Imagine us facing Spain or France with our two midfielders. Finidi has been with the team for a while, that is a big advantage, with Egbo we will be starting afresh....
Okay. So its a big advantage that someone has been with the team for 2 years and in that 2 years the team has been horrendously poor, until 2 weeks ago?
By the way Egbo was sacked after underperforming in the Champions league.
Oh okay. Thats his problem. I see that he got another job and won the Super Cup.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:15 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 pm My opinion is Pasiero needs to go, period! Imagine us facing Spain or France with our two midfielders. Finidi has been with the team for a while, that is a big advantage, with Egbo we will be starting afresh....
Okay. So its a big advantage that someone has been with the team for 2 years and in that 2 years the team has been horrendously poor, until 2 weeks ago?
Oh okay. Thats his problem. I see that he got another job and won the Super Cup.
Ivory Coast says Hi! :dream:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:02 pm
Are you sure you want to do this? :lol: :lol:

Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Portugal, Costa Rica all day "Hi!!!" :dream: I can name more.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:31 pm

Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Equatorial Guinea, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Saudi Arabia, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Portugal, Costa Rica all day "Hi!!!" :dream: I can name more.
You are missing the point! The assistant coach of Ivory Coast just won the Afcon and he was the assistant coach to a failure.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:42 pm

You are missing the point! The assistant coach of Ivory Coast just won the Afcon and he was the assistant coach to a failure.
Thanks for clarifying.

But have you seen the CIV games/scores pre-AFCON? You think that is the performance of failures? You may want to go and check their performance. :lol: If Finidi was the assistant of a team that performed like that, no one would question him. Instead he was the assistant of a team that was beaten and humiliated by the likes of Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Saudi :lol:
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 pm

Thanks for clarifying.

But have you seen the CIV games/scores pre-AFCON? You think that is the performance of failures? You may want to go and check their performance. :lol: If Finidi was the assistant of a team that performed like that, no one would question him. Instead he was the assistant of a team that was beaten and humiliated by the likes of Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Saudi :lol:
Well, losing 3:0 to Zambia in the qualifiers then 4:0 to Equatorial Guinea and then 1:0 to Nigeria shouldn't be regarded as success. Can you imagine how Nigerian fans would have reacted if we had lost 3:0 to a team in the qualifiers?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:37 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:58 pm

Thanks for clarifying.

Well, losing 3:0 to Zambia in the qualifiers then 4:0 to Equatorial Guinea and then 1:0 to Nigeria shouldn't be regarded as success. Can you imagine how Nigerian fans would have reacted if we had lost 3:0 to a team in the qualifiers?
So less failures than Finidi, at least?

Also, over the last 6 years, Nigerians have reacted positively to failure and learning, and they have embraced it. So, I am sure they will react well. Dont you think?
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:06 pm I dont think its about the leaugue - its about giving others a chance - we have recycled oyinbo and nigerians in the past , we have hired a nigerian from backwater league as you call it in the past ( oliseh ) we have hired journey men oyinbo , bribe taker nigerians etc etc.

So why NOT him ? why give amuneke, finidi, sia one , salisu a second chance ( or third chance ) ??

So while not special nothing make anyone we are touting special as well.

The Nigerian, was, however, promoted as the Head Coach of the Albanian side in 2019 and, has remarkably, led the club to a league triumph in his first season in charge.
[/quote]
Ok but what makes him so special, is the Albanian league really better than the Nigerian league? I am for local coaches but please lets stop trying so hard to seek validation from Europe in anything we do.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I disagree. Albanian league may be weak. But getting a job as a coach in a country like Albania as a Nigerian is harder than getting a job as a coach in Nigerian league as a Nigerian. I prefer coaches who actually coach full time, than those that sit on the sidelines and keep waiting for national coaching job to open up. That said, club soccer is very very different from national soccer. you have much less time to drill your tactics.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eagles Job: Former Cameroon, Angola coaches battle Amuneke, Egbo

The competition for the Super Eagles coach position is heating up as former coaches of Cameroon and Angola national teams have shown interest in the role. Reports suggest that Antonio Conceicao, former coach of Cameroon, and Pedro Goncalves, the immediate past coach of Angola, have applied for the job. Emmanuel Amunike, a former Nigeria international, is also in the running and is considered a top contender.

Ndubuisi Egbo, another former international who currently manages Prishtina in Kosovo, is also believed to be in contention. Egbo made history as the only Nigerian coach to lead a European team to a league title with Tirana. Conceicao, who had a successful playing career as a right-back in Portugal, started coaching in 1999. He achieved success in
https://newtelegraphng.com/eagles-job-f ... 0the%20job.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

So many people want the job. No coach should hold us hostage in negotiations.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:58 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:53 pm
What made Peseiro so special? The recommendation of Mourinho? or the fact that he failed spectacularly at Venezuela and 31 years before that?

For me, I am attracted to winners. Thats why I will include Egbo on the list, as well as Pisto.

But y'all feel free to hire whoever you like though.
It’s quite OK to promote and champion Ndubuisi Egbo but we do have a right to know why you think a Nigerian coach who won the league title in Albania is better than a Nigerian coach who won the league title in Nigeria, other than the fact that Albania happens to be in Europe🤔❗️

Cheers.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:50 pm Eagles Job: Former Cameroon, Angola coaches battle Amuneke, Egbo

The competition for the Super Eagles coach position is heating up as former coaches of Cameroon and Angola national teams have shown interest in the role. Reports suggest that Antonio Conceicao, former coach of Cameroon, and Pedro Goncalves, the immediate past coach of Angola, have applied for the job. Emmanuel Amunike, a former Nigeria international, is also in the running and is considered a top contender.

Ndubuisi Egbo, another former international who currently manages Prishtina in Kosovo, is also believed to be in contention. Egbo made history as the only Nigerian coach to lead a European team to a league title with Tirana. Conceicao, who had a successful playing career as a right-back in Portugal, started coaching in 1999. He achieved success in
https://newtelegraphng.com/eagles-job-f ... 0the%20job.
You were up 1-0 after Half time. You thought your striker was going to win the cup and I took it from you!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!