Let's Revisit the 3-4-3 formation.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Let's Revisit the 3-4-3 formation.

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:55 pm Nwakali would fit this system well, he would give us more possession and we currently don't have any midfielder that can supply those long balls from deep better than him plus he is good with freekicks.
Nwakali plays for Chaves FC in Portugal (a league that is known for technical players who can keep possession). Has he given more possession to Chaves FC?

Chaves FC's average possession this season is 47%. Tell Nwakali to give them more possession first before he comes to give it to us. Charity begins at home. Let him do it there first. :oops:

As for the so-called long balls and freekicks, let him focus on doing it for Chaves who are bang last on the table, so they can avoid relegation.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:56 pm This line up will easily get overwhelmed in the midfield. Boniface is not known to help on defense, so Iwobi cannot comit to the AM role. Based on this AFCON, the only player that can fit Boniface's role in this line up and and still let us maintain our defensive structure is Lookman. He can defend in the midfield and can score.
Cellular wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:44 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:09 pm -------------------------------------------------Nwabali--------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Adarabioyo----------Ekong-------------Bassey---------------------------------------

------Aina---------------------------Ndidi-------------Onyeka------------------Zaidu------------------------

-----------------------Iwobi---------------------------------------Boniface------------------------------------

------------------------------------------ ---Osimhen----------------------------------------------------------

Okoye
Rasheed
Osho
Ogbu
Bruno
Osayi
Yusuf
Folorunso
Bashiru
Chukwueze
Nathan Tella
Lookman
Awoniyi
Sadiq Umar
Bros, you sabi well well.

Can I enroll some pipu for some online classes?

Ps., when una dey look for players no forget Obinna Nwobodo who led the MLS in tackles (pass breakups). Also no forget Chuba Akpom for that support striker role.
Unku I don't know if you noticed that a couple of times in all our games, Ajayi was sent foward to knock down passes from either Nwabali or Ekong. It was remarkable seeing a CD sent up to help knockdown balls for Osimhen.

I say this to say that Boniface can provide decent pressing and other attributes that would create a problem as both he and Osimhen can not be marked one-on-one.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:56 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:44 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:09 pm -------------------------------------------------Nwabali--------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------Adarabioyo----------Ekong-------------Bassey---------------------------------------

------Aina---------------------------Ndidi-------------Onyeka------------------Zaidu------------------------

-----------------------Iwobi---------------------------------------Boniface------------------------------------

------------------------------------------ ---Osimhen----------------------------------------------------------

Okoye
Rasheed
Osho
Ogbu
Bruno
Osayi
Yusuf
Folorunso
Bashiru
Chukwueze
Nathan Tella
Lookman
Awoniyi
Sadiq Umar
Bros, you sabi well well.

Can I enroll some pipu for some online classes?

Ps., when una dey look for players no forget Obinna Nwobodo who led the MLS in tackles (pass breakups). Also no forget Chuba Akpom for that support striker role.
Funny enough, I considered both of them. And they were in a straight battle - Folorunso or Nwobodo AND Akpom or Bashiru. Smae way I struggled between Umar and Moffi.

I left out Nwobodo simply because I have not watched him and I have watched Folorunso, and in the 3-4-3, Folorunso's workrate is something I love.

Akpom, I actually edited my stuff a few times. It was between him and Bashiru. Unfortunately, with the 3-4-3, I felt Bashiru can play the role Iwobi played at AFCOn and also from the side. Chuba I am not so sure he fits. But who knows, until he is tried out.
Disman, I see how you retired one division 2 player and promoted another division 2 player... :D :taunt: :taunt:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:40 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:55 pm Nwakali would fit this system well, he would give us more possession and we currently don't have any midfielder that can supply those long balls from deep better than him plus he is good with freekicks.
Nwakali plays for Chaves FC in Portugal (a league that is known for technical players who can keep possession). Has he given more possession to Chaves FC?

Chaves FC's average possession this season is 47%. Tell Nwakali to give them more possession first before he comes to give it to us. Charity begins at home. Let him do it there first. :oops:

As for the so-called long balls and freekicks, let him focus on doing it for Chaves who are bang last on the table, so they can avoid relegation.
Well, he would definitely have brought in more value to the team than Aribo.