Why are we pretending we don't know that Osimhen cannot make it into AFCON X1??

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why are we pretending we don't know that Osimhen cannot make it into AFCON X1??

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Why is Africa not surprised? I will not say much.

https://punchng.com/osimhen-missing-eko ... -afcon-xi/
Last edited by Field Marshall Ogolo on Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why are we pretending that we don't know who is missing from AFCON X1??

Post by ANC »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:01 pm Why is Africa not surprised? I will not say much.

He gets enough attention from obsessed fans and players, no need to further highlight his superiority above all other professional AfCON footballers.

Dont worry about Kenya, she will get her turn too.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:26 pm
Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:01 pm Why is Africa not surprised? I will not say much.

He gets enough attention from obsessed fans and players, no need to further highlight his superiority above all other professional AfCON footballers.

You know the real reason he is a star in Italy has to do with his height and excellent headers, don't you? He is playing against very short players and on top of that, he is an excellent finisher. In Africa, he is very ordinary. Even against Kenya, I doubt if he would manage to score against taller Kenyans.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:30 pm

You know the real reason he is a star in Italy has to do with his height and excellent headers, don't you? He is playing against very short players and on top of that, he is an excellent finisher. In Africa, he is very ordinary. Even against Kenya, I doubt if he would manage to score against taller Kenyans.
Height is irrelevant in a supine position. :taunt:
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

ANC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:33 pm
Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:30 pm

Height is irrelevant in a supine position. :taunt:
Then why did Naija open leg for CIV? :taunt:
Polly
Egg
Egg
Re: Why are we pretending we don't know that Osimhen cannot make it into AFCON X1??

Post by Polly »

No need for pretence, bro. He did not make it into the AFCON XI, but it was a team tournament, not the Olympic Marathon. That Nigeria made it into the final despite her Africa's POTY not clicking in seven games is a testament to the depth and quality of the Nigerian game. You can take that to your nightmares, because it means that Nigeria, unstoppable, will keep coming!

Kenya won't.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why are we pretending we don't know that Osimhen cannot make it into AFCON X1??

Polly wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:10 pm

No need for pretence, bro. He did not make it into the AFCON XI, but it was a team tournament, not the Olympic Marathon. That Nigeria made it into the final despite her Africa's POTY not clicking in seven games is a testament to the depth and quality of the Nigerian game. You can take that to your nightmares, because it means that Nigeria, unstoppable, will keep coming!

Kenya won't.
I remember when Nigeria had teams worth talking about. Enugu Rangers, Abiola Babes, Bendel Insurance,(they all opened leg for Kenya's Gor Mahia) btw.. :taunt: Only team we could not beat was Cannon Yaounde!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:20 am

Kenya won't.
I remember when Nigeria had teams worth talking about. Enugu Rangers, Abiola Babes, Bendel Insurance,(they all opened leg for Kenya's Gor Mahia) btw.. :taunt: Only team we could not beat was Cannon Yaounde!
I thought your problem was current, not ancient. If you keep shifting your focus, we can't even entertain each other. And no, you will not out-eat me in an ugali contest in Nairobi, either!!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Polly wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:38 pm

Kenya won't.
I thought your problem was current, not ancient. If you keep shifting your focus, we can't even entertain each other. And no, you will not out-eat me in an ugali contest in Nairobi, either!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Let's try fufu then. How do you guys even eat that? It's so soft and jelly-like. To think that a Naija friend and his wife tried to convince me not to use a folk to eat that! I liked the goat stew and I was too polite to tell them that they had not skinned the goat! They made it with the skin still on! Terrible West African cooking! :taunt:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:48 pm

Kenya won't.

Let's try fufu then. How do you guys even eat that? It's so soft and jelly-like. To think that a Naija friend and his wife tried to convince me not to use a folk to eat that! I liked the goat stew and I was too polite to tell them that they had not skinned the goat! They made it with the skin still on! Terrible West African cooking! :taunt:
The goat skin is the best part! You are not a real African :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Wha choo looking at?!
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:48 pm

Kenya won't.

I've eaten some things in Kenya that I was hesitant about, just as I have in other parts of the world. Food is culture, meaning that you appreciate it from the POV of its owner. As for unskinned goat meat, we Nigerians swear by it. No apologies.