Video interview: Peseiro - Why the Eagles played defensively

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kendo
Egg
Egg
Video interview: Peseiro - Why the Eagles played defensively

Post by kendo »

Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Video interview: Peseiro - Why the Eagles played defensively

Post by amafolas »

i like so many things i hear from this coach. I will keep him. He understands the human elements of team sports. Something lots of fans underestimate. he's shown enough adjusting tactics to the war. he hasn't shown he can do adjust in the moment.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I hope Coach Cellulite watch this video. You can't just waltz into a stadium with 99% of the fans rooting against you and win. There is a reason the host team has won 11 out of the 12 matches when the host nation has played in the final of the AFCON.
kendo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:07 pm
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

1naija wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:54 am I hope Coach Cellulite watch this video. You can't just waltz into a stadium with 99% of the fans rooting against you and win. There is a reason the host team has won 11 out of the 12 matches when the host nation has played in the final of the AFCON.
11 out of 12? The exception being Nigeria. Loser country :laugh: . All hot air and no staying power.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

1naija wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:54 am I hope Coach Cellulite watch this video. You can't just waltz into a stadium with 99% of the fans rooting against you and win. There is a reason the host team has won 11 out of the 12 matches when the host nation has played in the final of the AFCON.
Added with the fact that many Naija fans were unable to get tickets. The were complaints that Nigerians were purposely limited in ticket buying
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And Nigeria didn't lose the game. VAR would have given us the goal that Ikpeba scored.
scholl wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:14 am
11 out of 12? The exception being Nigeria. Loser country :laugh: . All hot air and no staying power.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

1naija wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:33 am And Nigeria didn't lose the game. VAR would have given us the goal that Ikpeba scored.
VAR? So they can reverse the decision and award the 2000 CAN to Nigeria? :laugh: Unku, that na history.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Not true. If what 1naija is saying is true then the only loser would be Tunisia in 1965.

I guess the Nigeria vs Cameroon game in 2000 is seen as a draw. BTW, Libya also lost their final at home via penalties in 1982.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Not sure why this Nigeria-hating white man hangs out on this forum 🤷🏾‍♂️
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

waka-man wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:41 pm
I was just about asking, is that guy a Nigerian? He is too negative for my liking
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Wayo man! How far? I be white man now? Maybe I have a chance to coach the SE. Oyibo na oyibo :thumbs:
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

gochino wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:13 pm
I was just about asking, is that guy a Nigerian? He is too negative for my liking
Na only like you wan chop? That’s why many of you flock to church to pray harder and harder for super eagles to win, and for Nigeria to be great. All we need is positivity, forget reality :thumb:
Last edited by scholl on Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Orion wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:00 pm
Not true. If what 1naija is saying is true then the only loser would be Tunisia in 1965.

I guess the Nigeria vs Cameroon game in 2000 is seen as a draw. BTW, Libya also lost their final at home via penalties in 1982.
Wonders shall never end, So Unku was using okrika statistics? :laugh: Anyways, how many finals did Nigeria lose? Prolly Nigeria has made it to the most finals and last 4, compared to any country.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

scholl wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:37 pm
Orion wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:00 pm

Wonders shall never end, So Unku was using okrika statistics? :laugh: Anyways, how many finals did Nigeria lose? Prolly Nigeria has made it to the most finals and last 4, compared to any country.
Ghana lost 5 finals, same as Nigeria. But they won 4 cups, albeit in ancient times.

According to the raw stats, the biggest chokers are Senegal. They won 33%. Nigeria won 37%.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Not happy with Peseiro's response. Seems like he felt young players, the atmosphere and occasion led to mistakes and underperformance. Question is what did he do when this was unfolding? This was the AFCON final, a chance to win the most coveted trophy in Africa. If the young players were having a bad day, what was his reaction? He didn't answer that question. We were in a comfortable position given we led for much of the match, he could have made changes instead of watching some guys drown as CIV got bolder and bolder. I think there's a case to be made that he didn't trust his bench which calls his squad management into question. He's paid to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players and must have plans when those weaknesses show up especially in a cup final.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Even his avatar is a white guy. I refuse to believe anyone can hate themselves that much. No way he’s not white. No way.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

waka-man wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:49 pm
Even his avatar is a white guy. I refuse to believe anyone can hate themselves that much. No way he’s not white. No way.
Wayo man using wayo deductions. I guess because Nigeria has a white man from Portugal, in charge of the Super Eagles, it makes Nigeria a white country? No wonder Nigeria is a failed state with doofuses like you running around, pandering to the aspirations of tens of millions of retards in that country.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

scholl wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:46 pm
waka-man wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:49 pm
Wayo man using wayo deductions. I guess because Nigeria has a white man from Portugal, in charge of the Super Eagles, it makes Nigeria a white country? No wonder Nigeria is a failed state with doofuses like you running around, pandering to the aspirations of tens of millions of retards in that country.
See this white dude just on here yabbing us, calling all of us doofuses (a very white word) and retards (another) from a failed state, like his hero Trump. We don suffer sha. What we call hope and belief in a better day, he calls aspirations because he doesn’t believe us black people can achieve anything.

Imagine us going to his oyinbo brethren and saying such about white people like him. We no go hear the end of am.