My 23 man list against Argentina

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: My 23 man list against Argentina

Post by Lolly »

packerland wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:50 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:27 am
Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:38 am Yusuf should be excused,in every game he was involved in Nigeria conceded a goal.
That’s a bit unfair on the lad.

Yes, he was responsible for the South Africa penalty against us but in the same match he broke up many plays and was decent with the ball. He was the best midfielder against EQ before he went off injured. There is a good player in him. He would improve with more time with the team. But nothing wrong with trying other options.
I agree with you with the unfair part but I disagree with you saying that he broke up many plays. I may need to rewatch that SA game because I remember him at one point committing back to back to back fouls. He put a lot of foot wrong in that SA match.
Fouls are part and parcel of breaking up plays as long as you keep them away from the danger areas. I remember him breaking up a couple of counters fouling the player in their own half. Those are the good ones. Ekong was praised for the same and getting a yellow card for his troubles. But there were two other fouls he committed too close to our box and then the penalty.

Onyeka also committed many fouls but I haven’t heard anyone call for his exclusion. In fact, I suspect Onyeka has the record of fouls committed by any player in the tournament.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

According the Naija football on X, the friendly match with Argentina has been moved to the United States
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:17 pm According the Naija football on X, the friendly match with Argentina has been moved to the United States
i hope it is in H-town, ATL etc. man dey go
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Drop the dead wood and add the following going forward-

Goalkeeper: Okoye, Rasheed

Defense: Uduokhai, Torunarigha, Ogbu and Osho

Midfield: Wilfred Ndidi, Michael Folorunsho and Tim Iroegbunam

Wide forwards: Nathan Tella

Central Attack: Victor Boniface and Elijah Adebayo
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

pindal123 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:27 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:41 pm
pindal123 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:13 pm GK- Nwabali, Adeleye, Uzoho
RB- Aina, Osayi
CD- Bassey, Ajayi, Torunarigha, Awaziem
LB- Sanusi, Onyemachi
MF- Onyeka, Onyedika, Yusuf, Daga
AM- Iwobi, Aribo
WG-Lookman, Chukwuze, Simon, Tella, Amoo
FW- Osimhen, Awoniyi, Iheanacho
Why did you leave out Ekong?
And you would rather try Awoniyi to Umar and Moffi?And you still have faith in Aribo?
Okay o.
Ekong is the player who didn’t miss any match under Peseiro. He did a very good AFCON but not so good wc qualifiers. I want to try other defenders.

Awoniyi is much better than Umar and Moffi. Look at him at Nottingham Forest matches.

Aribo isn’t a great player but we don’t have better choices. I could try Kelechi Nwakali or Dele-Bashiru but probably that wouldn’t change the quality on the pitch.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I love the way you stuck to your guns regardless, and not following clout
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And once all said names have graced the full expanse of the page, such that there’s space for no more, then perhaps to the crux of the matter. The Yanks much like the Joes will turn up in droves hoping to see a Messi masterclass and Buenos Airean beat down. How to achieve this with any of the 23s proposed?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I hope it's in H-town, my Lady and I will definitely be there to support :thumbs:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sanusi is unfortunately out for the season. Probably going to be replaced by Onyemachi or Osayi or Collins .

Foluronsho may need a nationality switch. Nwobodo is already based on the US. We may face visa issues for some players. He might be the replacement.

Boniface might not be ready. I want to check out the young guy that just moved to Frankfurt.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

RB- Aina, Osayi
LB- Sanusi, Onyemachi
AM- Iwobi, Aribo
And you would rather try Awoniyi to Umar and Moffi?And you still have faith in Aribo?
Okay o.
Ekong is the player who didn’t miss any match under Peseiro. He did a very good AFCON but not so good wc qualifiers. I want to try other defenders.

Awoniyi is much better than Umar and Moffi. Look at him at Nottingham Forest matches.

Aribo isn’t a great player but we don’t have better choices. I could try Kelechi Nwakali or Dele-Bashiru but probably that wouldn’t change the quality on the pitch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:22 am
RB- Aina, Osayi
LB- Sanusi, Onyemachi
AM- Iwobi, Aribo
Okay o.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably the most ridiculous take I've seen here so far, we've been so used to rubbish players that we are scared to take chances and give new players a chance...typical problem of Nigerians and Nigeria as a whole.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

My 4 clients should be on the list.
Ismail Sodiq, Right Back Remo Stars
Kingdom Osayi, Goal Keeper, Doma FC
Chuba Akpom, Support striker, Ajax
Obinna Nwobodo, midfielder FC Cincinnati.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Don't follow the typists here and be typing names just for the sake of listing players. We have a crucial World Cup qualifier in June. This is the only credible friendly we will have before the match. We can't afford to experiment with new players that wont make us any better than we already are.. We only need to replace injured players from the AFCON squad. The same squad must be maintained for continuity and to have build more experience with each other. You can list any player you want after we qualify with a game to spare. I repeat, we need the exact same squad from AFCON including MUSA! The only new player we should add to the AFCON squad given his current form is Okoye.
Cellular wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:24 am My 4 clients should be on the list.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Of utmost importance we play 2 matches. Especially if we want to access new players.

The following need to be called

Osho & Igbu- Awaziem and Omeruo should be phased out

Ejuke & Tella - Musa can fock off and Chukwueze needs to gain form

At least 2 (if not more) of these midfielders

Nwakali, Nwobodo, Eletu, Akansanmiro, Fisayo Bashiru,

The spine of the team is set

Nwabali
Troost
Bassey
Aina
Onyeka
Iwobi
Ndidi
Osimehn
Lookman

These are the must haves IMO (Boniface too when he returns)

Moses Simon is borderline but will be very useful with Sanusi out, he can play LWB.

Everyone else is replaceable IMO.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

No one should feel like they can't be replaced. Competition is good. The players will always play like Osimhen. The fear of getting dropped will be good for the team. We need to continue to work on the spine. Nigeria standards has been lowered. I remember Nigeria dominated teams and played with swagger. What has happened to the Eagles.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That's when smaller African countries had no players in organized leagues. Now every team, except Kenya and Uganda, has players in lower level leagues. So they too, have access to formal soccer training.
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:10 am No one should feel like they can't be replaced. Competition is good. The players will always play like Osimhen. The fear of getting dropped will be good for the team. We need to continue to work on the spine. Nigeria standards has been lowered. I remember Nigeria dominated teams and played with swagger. What has happened to the Eagles.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:50 am Don't follow the typists here and be typing names just for the sake of listing players. We have a crucial World Cup qualifier in June. This is the only credible friendly we will have before the match. We can't afford to experiment with new players that wont make us any better than we already are.. We only need to replace injured players from the AFCON squad. The same squad must be maintained for continuity and to have build more experience with each other. You can list any player you want after we qualify with a game to spare. I repeat, we need the exact same squad from AFCON including MUSA! The only new player we should add to the AFCON squad given his current form is Okoye.
Unku, there's a method in the players I listed.

Ismail is leading NPSL in assists as a RB. And it is not the first time. He deserves a look in.
We need players who can provide good crosses to Osimhen. Bring him in and observe him in training and if good enough play him in the friendly.

Kingdom Osayi is a good goalie. He should be invited to face shots from our strikers and let us see what he has. Competition is good for the team.

Chuba last season was the Championship MVP before he moved to Ajax. He deserves at least a look.

Obinna led the MSL in tackles and pass interceptions. And he has the lungs to play box-to-box. Drafting him in would free up Iwobi to play closer to the box either in the role Lookman plays or in the wings as an option to Simon or the other flank player.

We can't assume that all our players will be healthy going into crucial World Cup qualifiers. And you don't want to use those qualifiers to try out new players.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The list could be tripled to 69 (oh behave) like a triploid blastocyst, being anything other than the punchbag the crowd desire, will require much greater engagement of cortex and neurones than evidenced at the AfCON. Rolling out the same lazy 5-2-whatever vs. The Albiceleste would be deliberate self harm.

There has to be tactical consideration of the opposition. If JP offers another episode of walking with elephants, the belt about his jeans should be pulled to the very first hole and his belly plied with water. By the gallon.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Every good player deserves a look in. The question is when? In a friendly for a must win game? I think not. If we don't beat South Africa when they come in June, we can kiss the WC qualification bye bye.
Cellular wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:55 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:50 am Don't follow the typists here and be typing names just for the sake of listing players. We have a crucial World Cup qualifier in June. This is the only credible friendly we will have before the match. We can't afford to experiment with new players that wont make us any better than we already are.. We only need to replace injured players from the AFCON squad. The same squad must be maintained for continuity and to have build more experience with each other. You can list any player you want after we qualify with a game to spare. I repeat, we need the exact same squad from AFCON including MUSA! The only new player we should add to the AFCON squad given his current form is Okoye.
Unku, there's a method in the players I listed.

Ismail is leading NPSL in assists as a RB. And it is not the first time. He deserves a look in.
We need players who can provide good crosses to Osimhen. Bring him in and observe him in training and if good enough play him in the friendly.

Kingdom Osayi is a good goalie. He should be invited to face shots from our strikers and let us see what he has. Competition is good for the team.

Chuba last season was the Championship MVP before he moved to Ajax. He deserves at least a look.

Obinna led the MSL in tackles and pass interceptions. And he has the lungs to play box-to-box. Drafting him in would free up Iwobi to play closer to the box either in the role Lookman plays or in the wings as an option to Simon or the other flank player.

We can't assume that all our players will be healthy going into crucial World Cup qualifiers. And you don't want to use those qualifiers to try out new players.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Owngoal is right. Peseiro is coming back. It is what it is. Nigeria tend to do things the hard way.

FIFA has granted Okonkwo nationality switch.

Looks like Nigeria is attractive to foreign born players that are eligible to play for Nigeria. I would invite Okonkwo. Like to see Osayi and Okonkwo in camp. But Okonkwo will have to atleast move to the Championship or a first division club to be a regular callup. Okonkwo is 22. He is an ideal candidate for the new team.

pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Players who weren't at the AFCON and could be given a change in this friendly are:

GK: Kingdom Osayi, Arthur Okonkwo, Adebayo Adeleya
CB: Igoh Ogbu, Olisa Ndah
MF: Daniel Daga, Dele-Bashiru, Kelechi Nwakai
WG: Akinkunmi Amoo
FW: Taiwo Awoniyi

Victor Eletu and Ebenezer Akinsanmiro are good prospects but they haven't yet made their debut in the first squad.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Personally, I would invite Akinsanrimo and Eletu before I invite Daga because I think those two offer more offensively, and also seem to make better decisions with the ball.
pindal123 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:04 pm Players who weren't at the AFCON and could be given a change in this friendly are:

Victor Eletu and Ebenezer Akinsanmiro are good prospects but they haven't yet made their debut in the first squad.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

olu wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:55 pm Personally, I would invite Akinsanrimo and Eletu before I invite Daga because I think those two offer more offensively, and also seem to make better decisions with the ball.
pindal123 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:04 pm Players who weren't at the AFCON and could be given a change in this friendly are:

Also Amoo got into some sexual assault problem forcing a woman. I doubt they will call him up,