Peseiro getting interest from Algeria and Zamalek

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Peseiro getting interest from Algeria and Zamalek

Post by ohenhen1 »

They will pay him more and he will get regular payments. He should take the Algeria job. Wish him the best. No hard feelings. The NFf need a contingency plan. Ideally we should have a new coach before the next friendly. But we all know the NFF is not a conventional organization. More likely Eguavon or Salisu will be named interim coach. We will waste the March FIFA calendar.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Peseiro getting interest from Algeria and Zamalek

Post by gochino »

I don't see why he would want to stay, Algeria is offering 4 times what we are paying him plus there is a high probability that they would qualify for the world cup
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Peserio, like his buddy Jose Mourinho, is a club coach. Needing time, same pool of players, and longevity to excel. National team duties is above his pay grade.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:05 am They will pay him more and he will get regular payments. He should take the Algeria job. Wish him the best. No hard feelings. The NFf need a contingency plan. Ideally we should have a new coach before the next friendly. But we all know the NFF is not a conventional organization. More likely Eguavon or Salisu will be named interim coach. We will waste the March FIFA calendar.
:rotf: Ohen, we know you want him out Pronto. You have stated it post after post and this one is a way to say get lost and join Algeria.

But there is bad news oo! The story simply lists him as one of 3 finalists!

What do I think? I have my suspicion that this news story is a mere smokes screen may be promoted by Peseiro's camp as a negotiation ploy to extricate as favorable a contract from Nigeria as possible. That is a well known strategy defined as a BATNA. When I used to teach negotiation, I always urged by watds to not leave him without it [thanks to the popular American Express commercial]
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics