Folorunsho Golazzo against Juventus!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Folorunsho Golazzo against Juventus!

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Good that Italy hates black players. A big chance to add to the midfield.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:28 am Good that Italy hates black players. A big chance to add to the midfield.
They don’t hate Udogie!
I am happy
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Folorunsho has never expressed his desire to play for Nigeria.
Consider that he is already 26 years old, and even if he asks to become elegible more time will pass. He is just italian imho.
I would rather look for new and young prospects to build the future squad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:19 am Folorunsho has never expressed his desire to play for Nigeria.
Consider that he is already 26 years old, and even if he asks to become elegible more time will pass. He is just italian imho.
I would rather look for new and young prospects to build the future squad.
Not being critical, but why would you speak of a 26 year old as if he is ‘old’ and past it?
It simply means there have been better options available to Italy - one of the world’s TOP footballing nations.
Yes, he will probably feel Italian, but you really don’t know that for a fact.

I wish some of the mixed race members of this forum would share some of their experiences with us. Too many people here are too lazy, or too presumptions to really understand what it is like to be biracial and being born and bred in one country only.

Adetokoumkpo’s story, Ekong’s story, Balogun’s story and many others should tell us a lot about the emotional forces that often come into play at some point, sometimes overwhelmingly. Of course, not for everyone, but definitely everyone has a story.

And alot of it has to do with the parents.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:32 am Not being critical, but why would you speak of a 26 year old as if he is ‘old’ and past it?
It simply means there have been better options available to Italy - one of the world’s TOP footballing nations.

I wish some of the mixed race members of this forum would share some of their experiences with us. Too many people here are too lazy, or too presumptions to really understand what it is like to be biracial and being born and bred in one country only.

Adetokoumkpo’s story, Ekong’s story, Balogun’s story and many others should tell us a lot about the emotional forces that often come into play at some point, sometimes overwhelmingly. Of course, not for everyone, but definitely everyone has a story.

Being 26 years old and having never expressed the desire to play for Super Eeagles means that he, assuming he wants (which i really doubt), maybe will take the decision at 27, and he could complete the nationality switch at 28.
Do we really need to wait for him? I don't think so. We need to build a team for the future with young players.
The story behind being beracial and born in one country doesn't mean that we must wait for him. Probably he could decide switch nationality only when he will have understood that he hasn't any chance to play for Italy. Do you really want to wait for him?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

So he hasn't declared ?

Or has he ?

Which is the truth ?

This can only be resolved by a good SAUCE.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:47 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:28 am Good that Italy hates black players. A big chance to add to the midfield.
They don’t hate Udogie!
Thanks bro. I didn’t even know what to say about his post. Too many racists in our midst.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:32 pm So he hasn't declared ?

Or has he ?

Which is the truth ?

He has never declared for Nigeria and never even mentioned the possibility to play for Super Egles.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:15 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:32 am Not being critical, but why would you speak of a 26 year old as if he is ‘old’ and past it?

Being 26 years old and having never expressed the desire to play for Super Eeagles means that he, assuming he wants (which i really doubt), maybe will take the decision at 27, and he could complete the nationality switch at 28.
Do we really need to wait for him? I don't think so. We need to build a team for the future with young players.
The story behind being beracial and born in one country doesn't mean that we must wait for him. Probably he could decide switch nationality only when he will have understood that he hasn't any chance to play for Italy. Do you really want to wait for him?
I am not even remotely suggesting that we “wait for him”.
What exactly are we waiting for?
If we think he’s good enough, we approach him.
If not, we let him be.
Patapata he will say No. End of story.

I’m just concerned that you consider a 26 year old as ‘old’.
Anyway, this is all speculative.
He might not even make the team. Not all of them do. Akpoguma is a good example.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:58 am

Or has he ?

Which is the truth ?

He has never declared for Nigeria and never even mentioned the possibility to play for Super Egles.
Personally, I consider such declarations by dual citizen Nigerian players as a little presumptuous. Arrogant even.
Who asked them kweshon before they are declaring?

It’s almost as if they assume that because they have Nigerian eligibility, theyre a shoo-in to the SE.
Nobody wakes up one day and ‘declares’ for England, or Germany, France or Italy.

I can understand it if the press are hounding them for answers, but to just ‘declare’ like that?
Mba.
Who said you are good enough anyway? Who said we want you? :rotf:

I think the normal protocol is to be approached first by the relevant FA.
But maybe it’s just me sha.
Maybe things are changing.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:56 am

Or has he ?

Which is the truth ?

Personally, I consider such declarations by dual citizen Nigerian players as a little presumptuous. Arrogant even.

It’s almost as if they assume that because they have Nigerian eligibility, theyre a shoo-in to the SE.
Nobody wakes up one day and ‘declares’ for England, or Germany, France or Italy.

I can understand it if the press are hounding them for answers, but to just ‘declare’ like that?
Mba.

Damunk

Except for 1 or 2, most of those who have made themselves available were immediately called up to the NT. Thus, it should not be a shock that a lad who declares expects an NT call up immediately.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:07 pm

Or has he ?

Which is the truth ?

Mba.

Damunk

Except for 1 or 2, most of those who have made themselves available were immediately called up to the NT. Thus, it should not be a shock that a lad who declares expects an NT call up immediately.
Well, they will soon realise they are wrong, if they haven’t already.
It was nice to read recently how Zirkzee acknowledged that the Nigerian strike force is loaded.
Same thing with Tella when he was speaking to the press before his first call up.

Players like Akpom who first declared maybe 8 yrs ago know the score.
The days of the Danny Shittus and Sola Ameobis walking into our squads are long gone.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:18 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:07 pm

Or has he ?

Which is the truth ?

Mba.

Damunk

Well, they will soon realise they are wrong, if they haven’t already.
It was nice to read recently how Zirkzee acknowledged that the Nigerian strike force is loaded.
Same thing with Tella when he was speaking to the press before his first call up.

The days of the Danny Shittus and Sola Ameobis walking into our squads are long gone.
Kai! Our SE once suffered. At one point we had the likes of Shittu and the Sodge brothers playing for us.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sometimes we don’t understand the pressure these boys face. At some point in the locker room, his Italian club mates are hailing him and telling him that he would be a great addition to the Azzuri.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:50 pm Sometimes we don’t understand the pressure these boys face. At some point in the locker room, his Italian club mates are hailing him and telling him that he would be a great addition to the Azzuri.
Doubt he will make the Azurri squad, Italy are really strong in midfield and the players he is competing against are traditional "Italian boys" if you get what I mean. Italy unlike England tend to be very selective about black players right from time.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:53 pm Doubt he will make the Azurri squad, Italy are really strong in midfield and the players he is competing against are traditional "Italian boys" if you get what I mean. Italy unlike England tend to be very selective about black players right from time.
I agree that Folorunsho won’t probably make the Azzurri squad because there are better italian players.
But I don’t think Italy selects players basing on their ethnicity. Just consider that Wilfred Gnonto was selected while he was playing in Switzerland and he was totally unknown in Italy.
Also Moise Kean earned many caps, and there were many other ethnically italian boys who were competing for a spot.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Not sure I understand your hatorade against Chuba AK-47 Akpom.
First it was Semi Ajayi and now its AK-47?
Wetin these boys do you? Is it because they are innit boys?
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:18 pm Well, they will soon realise they are wrong, if they haven’t already.

Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

bret- hart wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:25 pm Dude is the kind of midfielder we needed at the afcon instead pissero called up washed up Aribo. if pissero does not call him up for the friendly matches vs Argentina then I know for sure he is a lazy bum a55 coach.
You could have made your point without insulting Aribo. These guys give the best they can. All credit to Aribo. Seems many forgot the goal he scored in the friendly v Brazil.
No Escape
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:08 pm
bret- hart wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:25 pm Dude is the kind of midfielder we needed at the afcon instead pissero called up washed up Aribo. if pissero does not call him up for the friendly matches vs Argentina then I know for sure he is a lazy bum a55 coach.
You could have made your point without insulting Aribo. These guys give the best they can. All credit to Aribo. Seems many forgot the goal he scored in the friendly v Brazil.
And he scored in his debut against Ukraine. However, I don’t think saying a player is washed up is an insult. Players lose form due to injury or age. By the way, the bobo is balding from SE stress.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:08 pm

Ahmed Musa Scored 2 goals vs Argentina. Should he be play.... never mind. What has he done for the SEs in the GWG lately??. At the very least we need competition. Cant be calling up the same 4 midfielders every time.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Aribo is decent as a bench option for depth, but the player we need is Ifeanyi Matthew, dude is balling his socks off in Switzerland and fits the perfect profile of player we need in the SE. Also Olawoyin Ibrahim, add these guys to the core we already have in Iwobi, Onyeka/Onyedika, Ndidi and Yusuf then we will cook from that midfield.

Something I hope the new coach focuses on.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Guy, you don’t understand it because the “hatorade” does not exist!
I’m genuinely baffled where you got that impression from.

All I did in mentioning his name is to point out that he has been waiting for maybe 8 years for a call-up which still hasn’t come and that’s to show that making the SE squad nor be beans.

So….where you see the hatorade? :rotf:

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:57 pm Not sure I understand your hatorade against Chuba AK-47 Akpom.
First it was Semi Ajayi and now its AK-47?
Wetin these boys do you? Is it because they are innit boys?
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:18 pm Well, they will soon realise they are wrong, if they haven’t already.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:17 am Aribo is decent as a bench option for depth, but the player we need is Ifeanyi Matthew, dude is balling his socks off in Switzerland and fits the perfect profile of player we need in the SE. Also Olawoyin Ibrahim, add these guys to the core we already have in Iwobi, Onyeka/Onyedika, Ndidi and Yusuf then we will cook from that midfield.

Something I hope the new coach focuses on.
Yes. Mathhew scored a fantastic Golazzo today.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.