Akinsamiro makes Serie A debut for Inter

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Re: Akinsamiro makes Serie A debut for Inter

Post by Jmal »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I called for his call up @Inaija. Also want to see Eletu and Daga.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Jmal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:10 am
Excellent debut. This is a great development.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This is a great development for the player and hopefully for the SE. The decision to invite the player to the SE should be at the discretion of the coach. Christian Chukwu, when he was SE coach invited 2 talented young players to train with the national team in 2004, namely Mikel Obi and Taiye Taiwo, who both went on to have long stints in the national team.
It’s sad that some feel the need to tear down a player to lift up another but that’s their opinion. The CIV midfield that beat the SE in the AFCON final had 2 players from Saudi Arabia and another from Hull in the English Championship, and while Southampton are close to automatic promotion and in the playoffs, Hull is behind Southampton in the promotion race.
If CIV used the logic, Seri, who turned out to be one of their best players would not have made the AFCON squad.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Excellent news for the lad and potentially the SE.

I like players with energy but this boy look a little too causal for my liking in most of the clips I have seen of him. But you don't get to play for Inter if you don't have it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:04 am This is a great development for the player and hopefully for the SE. The decision to invite the player to the SE should be at the discretion of the coach. Christian Chukwu, when he was SE coach invited 2 talented young players to train with the national team in 2004, namely Mikel Obi and Taiye Taiwo, who both went on to have long stints in the national team.
It’s sad that some feel the need to tear down a player to lift up another but that’s their opinion. The CIV midfield that beat the SE in the AFCON final had 2 players from Saudi Arabia and another from Hull in the English Championship, and while Southampton are close to automatic promotion and in the playoffs, Hull is behind Southampton in the promotion race.
If CIV used the logic, Seri, who turned out to be one of their best players would not have made the AFCON squad.
Totally agreed.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The more the merrier. Excellent development, and at Inter Milan.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm Excellent news for the lad and potentially the SE.

I like players with energy but this boy look a little too causal for my liking in most of the clips I have seen of him. But you don't get to play for Inter if you don't have it.
I think what you are seeing is self-assuredness.
Or maybe you are too used to the 100mph EPL.

In that short clip, I saw a very composed, confident and intelligent young player.
For his age, that is impressive.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:24 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm Excellent news for the lad and potentially the SE.

In that short clip, I saw a very composed, confident and intelligent young player.
Thats what they called Mikel Obi, as well. But Mourinho said "I have seen gold." There is something Inzaghi sees in Akinsanmiro and there is something top coaches see that they like. While fans see "casual," these top coaches see calmness and intelligence.. controlling the game.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:07 am

On multiple occasions, I have made lists of SE squads, NOT once...NOT once has Adesanmiro or Eletu made my squad. E.g -

When either of them become regular players in their teams, they can be invited to the National Team. And by "regular players," I do not mean starters. I mean playing regularly, like Adesanmiro coming in as a sub regularly and starting cup games, as well.

However, for anyone to speak down on Adesanmiro, who is playing for the champions elect in Serie A, the best team in the league and one of the top 3 teams in Europe, when your national team is parading a Div 2 bench-warming trash like Aribo, is bewildering to me. You have absolutely no authority to speak down on the boy. Adesanmiro who plays league games for Inter Milan would not even pick up Southampton's phone call if they were to have the guts to call his number.

One is a player in a Div 1 team - the best Div 1 team in the League and the top 3 team in Europe which will NEVER EVER look at the other one. They dont even know the other one's name sef.

While the other one is struggling to get into a Div 2 team that is placed 4th in the Div 2 league. :oops:
DD, abeg, easy on the invectives. Aribo is still a national team player. I know how strongly you feel about whether he deserves to be called up to the team but no use such strong language on am. That is VE's territory.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

He just looks slow on the turn, similar to how Mikel used to play in his early days at Chelsea. But still early days.

And yes, he is all the things you said he is. There is an 18-year old boy at Man Utd who also has those qualities and they have similar styles.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Iworo said:
iworo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:30 pm Based on what I observed during the few minutes he played, he didn't display exceptional performance and seemed to move even slower compared to Mikel :D. However, I'm inclined to reserve final judgment until I've seen more of his gameplay. My money is on Eletu….
While everyone else says he was great. Which was it? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:thumbs:

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:13 pm Iworo said:
iworo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:30 pm Based on what I observed during the few minutes he played, he didn't display exceptional performance and seemed to move even slower compared to Mikel :D. However, I'm inclined to reserve final judgment until I've seen more of his gameplay. My money is on Eletu….
Strange way of phrasing things on a thread about Akinsanmiro’s debut. It is as if Iworo thinks the purpose of this thread is to discuss (and place bets on) which of the two players is more likely to be a success.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:22 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:13 pm Iworo said:
Strange way of phrasing things on a thread about Akinsanmiro’s debut. It is as if Iworo thinks the purpose of this thread is to discuss (and place bets on) which of the two players is more likely to be a success.
:lol: :lol: You must be new here... everyone get their own agenda. :D
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Anyway ..not to throw sand in the sweet garri o , but you all remember one Okonkwo ( may be getting the name wrong ) who played a couple of games for Bologna and then disappared down the loan lane ? where is he these days , thats how that time we had all called for his invite ( i think it would have also helped his confidence and career ) but ..alas..abeg where im dey now i dont know his full name to gugu
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:53 pm Anyway ..not to throw sand in the sweet garri o , but you all remember one Okonkwo ( may be getting the name wrong ) who played a couple of games for Bologna and then disappared down the loan lane ? where is he these days , thats how that time we had all called for his invite ( i think it would have also helped his confidence and career ) but ..alas..abeg where im dey now i dont know his full name to gugu
Maybe because he, Orji Okwonkwo, had a doping violation and was only released from his ban two days ago? He is at Reggiana on loan and he might resurrect his career there.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:38 pm

Thats what they called Mikel Obi, as well. But Mourinho said "I have seen gold." There is something Inzaghi sees in Akinsanmiro and there is something top coaches see that they like. While fans see "casual," these top coaches see calmness and intelligence.. controlling the game.

I think its way too early for Akinsanmiro, but certainly one to watch...
Inter is a very deep squad and the fact that he's here means he's caught the eye of the coaches.
What he needs atm is to be left where he is to continue developing...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:01 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:53 pm Anyway ..not to throw sand in the sweet garri o , but you all remember one Okonkwo ( may be getting the name wrong ) who played a couple of games for Bologna and then disappared down the loan lane ? where is he these days , thats how that time we had all called for his invite ( i think it would have also helped his confidence and career ) but ..alas..abeg where im dey now i dont know his full name to gugu
Maybe because he, Orji Okwonkwo, had a doping violation and was only released from his ban two days ago? He is at Reggiana on loan and he might resurrect his career there.
AHHHHH thats what happened ?? oh men that one go be a tough hill to climb but hopefully he can pick it up , thanks for reminding me - anyway that was how we were all excited about him o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He needs a good nutritionist. Need to get stronger. Looks like a good prospect. Certainly needs to be called up to the friendly. Also the U20s. We need to help him in his development.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

And Kayode ties it for the Viola

Fiorentina 1 Lazio 1

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Having just missed a PK, Bonaventura makes it 2-1 Viola

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Playing as a right back and very solid...