Akinsamiro makes Serie A debut for Inter

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akinsamiro makes Serie A debut for Inter

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:37 pm He needs a good nutritionist. Need to get stronger. Looks like a good prospect. Certainly needs to be called up to the friendly. Also the U20s. We need to help him in his development.
He is a 19 year old child.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:01 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:38 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:24 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm Excellent news for the lad and potentially the SE.

I like players with energy but this boy look a little too causal for my liking in most of the clips I have seen of him. But you don't get to play for Inter if you don't have it.
I think what you are seeing is self-assuredness.
Or maybe you are too used to the 100mph EPL.

In that short clip, I saw a very composed, confident and intelligent young player.
For his age, that is impressive.
Thats what they called Mikel Obi, as well. But Mourinho said "I have seen gold." There is something Inzaghi sees in Akinsanmiro and there is something top coaches see that they like. While fans see "casual," these top coaches see calmness and intelligence.. controlling the game.

I think its way too early for Akinsanmiro, but certainly one to watch...
Inter is a very deep squad and the fact that he's here means he's caught the eye of the coaches.
What he needs atm is to be left where he is to continue developing...
Yup!

However, important to have that same energy for every player. Not that the national team should open its door to a player who cannot even break into a Div 2 starting 11 and will be immediately arrested, if he dared to approach the train station beside the Guiseppe Meazza . . .

Look at it this way, we both agree that Akinsanmiro needs to do more to get a SE call up. Yet, Akinsanmiro plays for a top 3 team in Europe. There are those here... these people are comfortable with a Div 2 benchwarmer, who is so bad that his Div 2 team sits him on the bench because he is NOT good enough. Not only is this player in Div 2, this player cannot smell an Inter Milan jersey on his best day. If his agent contacted Inter, they will have him arrested.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:37 pm He needs a good nutritionist. Need to get stronger. Looks like a good prospect. Certainly needs to be called up to the friendly. Also the U20s. We need to help him in his development.
He's not eligible for the U20's
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

What makes you think he’s not strong enough? In the clip, he is deliberately shielding the ball to draw fouls while his team is leading 4-0…

If he gets any bigger, his career will go the way of Isaac Success’
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

1naija wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:19 pm Why should he be invited? Because he made an appearance for inter Milan? Any word on how he performed?
aruako1 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:37 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:28 pm Should be invited for the friendly against Argentina.

Friendlies are meant to test new players. But hey CE doesn't believe in that philosophy lol
I'd be very suprised if he was invited. It should be a no brainer but it would still suprise me
I tire oh!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:19 pm Why should he be invited? Because he made an appearance for inter Milan? Any word on how he performed?
aruako1 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:37 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:28 pm Should be invited for the friendly against Argentina.

Friendlies are meant to test new players. But hey CE doesn't believe in that philosophy lol
I'd be very suprised if he was invited. It should be a no brainer but it would still suprise me
I'm sure you have now seen clips of hos cameo. He is a talented young player in an area where we are a bit short. How would an invite to friendlies (not as a starter) hurt him or Nigeria?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The attempts to degenerate Aribo and anything connected to him is laughable!
A young player who has played only 15 minutes of first team football will not pick up a call from a club of Southampton’s stature! Equally laughable
Trying to project feelings into facts is :lol: :lol: :lol:
If Southampton ever call Akinsanmiro’s agent, 2 things will be discussed
1. Playing time ( which is important for young players)
2. Remuneration ( The English pay the best wages)
If those two are agreed, Akinsanmiro will be off to Southampton in a jiffy! Facts not feelings!
A 15 minute cameo doesn’t turn a player into a superstar!
If Sensi, a more established player and a full Italian international could make moves to join Leicester in the championship and the move fell through even though he had done his medicals in Leicester and Gnoto, another Italian international plays in the championship for Leeds, who is Akinsanmiro to think he’s better than Southampton and the English championship?
Facts would always rise above feelings!!!
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:22 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm Excellent news for the lad and potentially the SE.

I like players with energy but this boy look a little too causal for my liking in most of the clips I have seen of him. But you don't get to play for Inter if you don't have it.

In that short clip, I saw a very composed, confident and intelligent young player.
Thats what they called Mikel Obi, as well. But Mourinho said "I have seen gold." There is something Inzaghi sees in Akinsanmiro and there is something top coaches see that they like. While fans see "casual," these top coaches see calmness and intelligence.. controlling the game.

Inter is a very deep squad and the fact that he's here means he's caught the eye of the coaches.
Yup!

However, important to have that same energy for every player. Not that the national team should open its door to a player who cannot even break into a Div 2 starting 11 and will be immediately arrested, if he dared to approach the train station beside the Guiseppe Meazza . . .

Look at it this way, we both agree that Akinsanmiro needs to do more to get a SE call up. Yet, Akinsanmiro plays for a top 3 team in Europe. There are those here... these people are comfortable with a Div 2 benchwarmer, who is so bad that his Div 2 team sits him on the bench because he is NOT good enough. Not only is this player in Div 2, this player cannot smell an Inter Milan jersey on his best day. If his agent contacted Inter, they will have him arrested.

I think the Aribo thing's been overstated beyond human proportions...
There's clear evidence that the team is evolving; perhaps not fast enough, but it most definitely is evolving.

Perhaps its time to evolve the criticism.....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Dammy, the EFL Championship is a joy to behold, arguably one of the most competitive leagues in the good sport. a full 46 games and each, three the hard way. Whilst the shapely form of the EPL steals away all courting eyes, the 7/10 second tier need not be casually overlooked without the slightest of side glances. The beam mightn't be as broad, the breasts not as plentiful, but there's decent carriage up top and at the back.

The gulf from the Premiership, with all its oligarchs and oil money, is ever-present but doesn't deny the Championship its precious metals, hidden within its core, Jadon Philogenes, Big Jack Clarke, Willy Gnonto, Crysenscio Summerville. The latter has added composure to his game and is putting in fine displays on the Dales. Dewsbury-Hall and the spritely little Ghana chap, Fatawu at the King Power. Notwithstanding the cracking pair at Bristol City, or rather, pair of Bristol Cities, "get them out for the lads daaarlin'. Phwoooooorrrrr!!!!"
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:05 am The attempts to degenerate Aribo and anything connected to him is laughable!
A young player who has played only 15 minutes of first team football will not pick up a call from a club of Southampton’s stature! Equally laughable
If those two are agreed, Akinsanmiro will be off to Southampton in a jiffy! Facts not feelings!
If Sensi, a more established player and a full Italian international could make moves to join Leicester in the championship and the move fell through even though he had done his medicals in Leicester and Gnoto, another Italian international plays in the championship for Leeds, who is Akinsanmiro to think he’s better than Southampton and the English championship?
When did this become Akinsanmiro v Aribo? Aribo has not lit up the world recently but if I were to drop him as a manager, it won't be because he plays in Southampton or Akinsanmiro (at least not for now). Personally I want a performing Aribo and Akinsanmiro in our squad. The more the merrier.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

aruako1 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:29 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:05 am The attempts to degenerate Aribo and anything connected to him is laughable!
When did this become Akinsanmiro v Aribo? Aribo has not lit up the world recently but if I were to drop him as a manager, it won't be because he plays in Southampton or Akinsanmiro (at least not for now). Personally I want a performing Aribo and Akinsanmiro in our squad. The more the merrier.
I totally agree with you
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Friendlies are meant to test new players. The reality is Nigeria midfield is not good. You don't solve the problem by not looking at new options.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:55 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:22 am

Yup!

I think the Aribo thing's been overstated beyond human proportions...
There's clear evidence that the team is evolving; perhaps not fast enough, but it most definitely is evolving.

Perhaps its time to evolve the criticism.....
Yup! Aribo is a very poor footballer who has not performed for 3-4 years. Now, he is a Div 2 benchwarmer. Imagine a player who is so poor that he either sits on the bench in Div 2 or he plays against Millwall and gets smashed and dominated by the likes of Saville, Mitchell, Honeyman and Longman. Do you even know who these Millwall players are? :lol:

The SE is evolving, that is true and it will evolve past Div 2 benchwarmers and players who cannot compete with Millwall. :oops:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Joe Aribo! Joe Aribo! Joe Aribo! How many times did I call your name?
You better go back to your village and get your grandmother like your colleague, Victor Boniface, did o!
The level of fixation on your person is commensurate to what Osimhen is undergoing with Bushboy o! :lol: :lol:
I am happy
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The quintessential Nigerian root cause analysis looks for the one or few to blame, never the many. Never the system. Aribo is a limited player but there are those who, through working within their limitations and system-based augmentation of their skillset, have impact beyond their ability. Frank Onyeka is hardly Rodri, Rice or Macallister, but his strong running, indefatigable engine and tenacity, has made him a centrepiece in Brentford's midfield. The players around him, in the system played, allow his skills to be augmented and limitations subdued, not entirely, but enough for him to be a mainstay in midfield. In the AfCON, he was arguably one of Nigeria's better players.

By no means a defence of Aribo, but rather a statement of the obvious, Osimhen aside, its a bang average squad, but so too were Leicester City. A clear strategy broken down into rolls and duties, will dictate the key skills and essential qualities. Whilst there has to be a threshold for call-ups in terms of domestic league quality and competitiveness, the Championship should fall well within that standard. Being a regular starter for a Championship side, performing well, with ample opta data to boot, should warrant a look in. 2019, Jude Bellingham was plying his trade for the Blues of St Andrews in the "2nd division", somewhat good enough for Bundesliga Big Boys Borussia Dortmund. Fast forward 2 seasons and 120M euro, arguably one of the best (performing) players on the planet for the Biggest of the Big Boys.

"Division 2's" very own Jude Belligham. 16 league goals, another 9 and he'll have exceeded his tally at Dortmund that took 130 odd games. Made in the Championship to make a mockery of La Liga. There are diamonds in its dirt.
Last edited by Coach on Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:05 pm The quintessential Nigerian root cause analysis looks for the one or few to blame, never the many. Never the system. Aribo is a limited player but there are those who, through working within their limitations and system-based augmentation of their skillset, have impact beyond their ability. Frank Onyeka is hardly Rodri, Rice or Macallister, but his strong running, indefatigable engine and tenacity, has made him a centrepiece in Brentford's midfield. The players around him, in the system played, allow his skills to augmented and limitations subdued, not entirely, but enough for him to be a mainstay in midfield. In the AfCON, he was arguably one of Nigeria's better players.

By no means a defence of Arborio, but rather a statement of the obvious, Osimhen aside, its a bang average squad, but so too were Leicester City. A clear strategy broken down into rolls and duties, will dictate the key skills and essential qualities. Whilst there has to be a threshold for call-ups in terms of domestic league quality and competitiveness, the Championship should fall well within that standard. Being a regular starter for a Championship side, performing well, with ample opta data to boot, should warrant a look in. 2019, Jude Bellingham was plying his trade for the Blues of St Andrews in the "2nd division", somewhat good enough for Bundesliga Big Boys Borussia Dortmund. Fast forward 2 seasons and 120M euro, arguably one of the best (performing) players on the planet for the Biggest of the Big Boys.

"Division 2's" very own Jude Belligham. 16 league goals, another 9 and he'll have exceeded his tally Dortmund that took 130 odd games. Made in the Championship to make a mockery of La Liga. There are diamonds in its dirt.

Diamonds in the dirt notwithstanding, I will push back with "The Alamo" proportions, the notion of the Championship, aka N- League, N being Neanderthals, as anything to glorify...

The English have been selling this bill of goods as hard as they sold us Mungo Park!

Once there were Saxons. Once there were Vikings...

But its 2024 folks, and we aint going back!!! :curse: :curse: :curse:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Correction, there are all forms of sapiens evolution within its soils. The brutish neanderthal to the third form symbiotes, part man part machine. Bellingham is one of them. There are others. There is no diamond without a dig through the dirt, knee high, studs up, full blooded fifty-fifties, throw ons, corners, headers no volleys. Bosh!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:27 pm Correction, there are all forms of sapiens evolution within its soils. The brutish neanderthal to the third form symbiotes, part man part machine. Bellingham is one of them. There are others. There is no diamond without a dig through the dirt, knee high, studs up, full blooded fifty-fifties, throw ons, corners, headers no volleys. Bosh!

I gotta admit it takes some testicular fortitude, and a bald plate, to associate Hey Jude at the Bernebeu with the city of Birmingham.

Quite some cojones!!

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Middle England born and bred. La Masia? La Paella? B*llocks to that. Stourbridge, Dudley deep. Championship youth team. Championship first team. Championship trained.

Pedri? Gavi? Que pasa? Donde estas? Pasito, pasito, suarvey suarvey cito. B*llocks!

Bangers and mash, pie and mash, La Liga mashed! Two words. British.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:53 pm Middle England born and bred. La Masia? La Paella? B*llocks to that. Stourbridge, Dudley deep. Championship youth team. Championship first team. Championship trained.

Pedri? Gavi? Que pasa? Donde estas? Pasito, pasito, suarvey suarvey cito. B*llocks!

Bangers and mash, pie and mash, La Liga mashed! Two words. British.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Are we still talking football?

Oh, the grid iron type....makes sense now!

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:13 pm
Coach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:05 pm The quintessential Nigerian root cause analysis looks for the one or few to blame, never the many. Never the system. Aribo is a limited player but there are those who, through working within their limitations and system-based augmentation of their skillset, have impact beyond their ability. Frank Onyeka is hardly Rodri, Rice or Macallister, but his strong running, indefatigable engine and tenacity, has made him a centrepiece in Brentford's midfield. The players around him, in the system played, allow his skills to augmented and limitations subdued, not entirely, but enough for him to be a mainstay in midfield. In the AfCON, he was arguably one of Nigeria's better players.

By no means a defence of Arborio, but rather a statement of the obvious, Osimhen aside, its a bang average squad, but so too were Leicester City. A clear strategy broken down into rolls and duties, will dictate the key skills and essential qualities. Whilst there has to be a threshold for call-ups in terms of domestic league quality and competitiveness, the Championship should fall well within that standard. Being a regular starter for a Championship side, performing well, with ample opta data to boot, should warrant a look in. 2019, Jude Bellingham was plying his trade for the Blues of St Andrews in the "2nd division", somewhat good enough for Bundesliga Big Boys Borussia Dortmund. Fast forward 2 seasons and 120M euro, arguably one of the best (performing) players on the planet for the Biggest of the Big Boys.

"Division 2's" very own Jude Belligham. 16 league goals, another 9 and he'll have exceeded his tally Dortmund that took 130 odd games. Made in the Championship to make a mockery of La Liga. There are diamonds in its dirt.

Diamonds in the dirt notwithstanding, I will push back with "The Alamo" proportions, the notion of the Championship, aka N- League, N being Neanderthals, as anything to glorify...

The English have been selling this bill of goods as hard as they sold us Mungo Park!

Once there were Saxons. Once there were Vikings...

But its 2024 folks, and we aint going back!!! :curse: :curse: :curse:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Some people know what they are doing. Div 2 ko, Div 2 bench ni! Imagine?? In 2024? Some people will not allow themselves to be free of the shackles of pre-1960. It is well. :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Tx, from that presumed Jurassic Park, a diamond doing what Pedri, Gavi, Fati, Skinny and something inbetweeni could only dream of. 46 games, 23 home, 22 away, 1 atop Olympus, home of the Gods of Greek Mythology. Britannia. Is there a curriculum able to leave one in better stead for conquest, to command and conquer? From the deep Dudley trenches to making a mockery of the best Spain has to offer. Henry Tudor and Catherine of Aragon.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:13 pm @Tx, from that presumed Jurassic Park, a diamond doing what Pedri, Gavi, Fati, Skinny and something inbetweeni could only dream of. 46 games, 23 home, 22 away, 1 atop Olympus, home of the Gods of Greek Mythology. Britannia. Is there a curriculum able to leave one in better stead for conquest, to command and conquer? From the deep Dudley trenches to making a mockery of the best Spain has to offer. Henry Tudor and Catherine of Aragon.

The journey from Jurassic Park took many a turn, through which the total recalibration of the subject commenced. It speaks not to from whence the journey started, but the quality of the stops and the watering holes, from which the beast drew succor and quenched taste...

Many have attempted this journey from Jurassic Park in the past. And just as many have been left in the dust, like the evidence of carcasses long gone, that strews across the unforgiving dunes of the Sahara...

Akinfenwa did and upon the clarity of Paul de Tharsus on the road to Damascus, shimmied across to WWE :rotf:

We aint never going back broda... :veryangry:
Last edited by txj on Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.