Ahmed Musa sacked by Sivasspor

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ahmed Musa sacked by Sivasspor

Post by Dammy »

Captain of the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles, has had his contract terminated by his club, Sivasspor, due to poor performance.
This is sad news as the club could have waited until June when the contract expires.
I hope Ahmed Musa MON OON finds another club to put Sivasspor to shame.

https://medyazar.com/sivassporda-ahmed- ... um=twitter
I am happy
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ahmed Musa sacked by Sivasspor

Post by Undertaker »

Dammy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:29 pm Captain of the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles, has had his contract terminated by his club, Sivasspor, due to poor performance.
This is sad news as the club could have waited until June when the contract expires.

Yet, he wasted a spot on our AFCON team when other players were playing injured? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:29 pm Captain of the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles, has had his contract terminated by his club, Sivasspor, due to poor performance.

...or that he simply lets sleeping dogs pass on peacefully....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Musa should be in Saudi Arabia or the MLS.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

LOL @ "the club could have waited till June." As if this is Nigeria where corruption and Div 2 lack of merit is the order of the day? It was on this forum someone opened his mouth and said we should take 2 non-playing captains to the World Cup and we will have to wait for Musa and Ekong to decide to retire. :lol: :lol: :lol: The rotten decay of corruption is not just the Nigerian government. The Citizens are some of the worst most corrupt people you will ever meet. Unlike you, the Turks will not accept it!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sarcasm is lost on some folks!
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

A GAD AM SHAME

This crooked parasitical thief has lodged himself into the DNA of SE.

The cancer needs to be cut the fock out.

Pathetic human being.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Just when you thought he couldn't get any more $#%.

SMH.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:00 pm Musa should be in Saudi Arabia or the MLS.
The guy has played in Saudi Arabia already with Al Nassr. I have a feeling he will sign with Kano Pillars again to justify his inclusion in the national team. That’s what he did the last time he was jobless.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Oh dear. :atc:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

"sacked"?
I see many been scouring for bad news on Musa.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Is there a more insidious basis behind the vitriol directed at Ahmed Musa? Did his inclusion in the AfCON squad impact proceedings? Was he divisive in the camp? If so, did it steer the ship wide of its course?

On merit, perhaps his inclusion was unjustified, but many a player has been taken to tournament for their experience and wider role. Nigeria are not the first and won’t be the last team to do this.

Perhaps those on the ground could give meat to the matter. Why is he hated?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Undertaker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 pm

Yet, he wasted a spot on our AFCON team when other players were playing injured? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Absolutely,he could’ve joined the coaching staff as a motivational speaker or he could be studying for sports psychology!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Coach wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:04 pm Is there a more insidious basis behind the vitriol directed at Ahmed Musa? Did his inclusion in the AfCON squad impact proceedings? Was he divisive in the camp? If so, did it steer the ship wide of its course?

On merit, perhaps his inclusion was unjustified, but many a player has been taken to tournament for their experience and wider role. Nigeria are not the first and won’t be the last team to do this.

If it was unmerited (like you have admited) then why are we looking beyond that as the reasons some are not happy? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I mean if it was merited and performed like, Bassey for example, even the most rabid anti Northerner wouldn't have been able to say pim.

I don't get your line of reasoning. Musa didn't deserve to go to the AFCON for footballing reasons, a lot of people don't buy the non footballing reasons he was picked. It really is that simple.
Last edited by airwolex on Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Coach wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:04 pm Is there a more insidious basis behind the vitriol directed at Ahmed Musa? Did his inclusion in the AfCON squad impact proceedings? Was he divisive in the camp? If so, did it steer the ship wide of its course?

...cynical Nigerians, and on here CE, believe he stole a spot for their own guy who could have collected bonuses and shared with them.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Airwolex, as with all squads there are starting 11s, first 16s, 23s and 3rd string for certain roles ie. GK. He occupied a slot that was almost certainly reserved for someone far on the fringes. If his performances didn’t warrant call-up, he shouldn’t have been, but he was. Being so far on the peripheries, regardless of who occupied that space, the likelihood was, a certain sequence of misfortunes would’ve needed to transpire for them to make it to the playing field. That’s not to say that justifies his inclusion, but does his inclusion justify the hate?

Sorry but the fury in the words of many would have one believe Musa took the role of a OluwaMessi or Ronaldogbechi hiding in the corner. Not advocating for his inclusion, rather trying to understand the “reason” behind so disproportionate a response.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:32 pm A GAD AM SHAME

This crooked parasitical thief has lodged himself into the DNA of SE.

The cancer needs to be cut the fock out.

Pathetic human being.
Do you have evidence of him being a thief? If not can you revisit the forum rules?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:38 pm

If it was unmerited (like you have admited) then why are we looking beyond that as the reasons some are not happy? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I mean if it was merited and performed like, Bassey for example, even the most rabid anti Northerner wouldn't have been able to say pim.

I don't get your line of reasoning. Musa didn't deserve to go to the AFCON for footballing reasons, a lot of people don't buy the non footballing reasons he was picked. It really is that simple.
I can’t remember Keshi or Yobo getting so much hate for not deserving a place in the AFCON team at the time.

I don’t agree with his selection but I would not abuse, invoke a curse or wish him harm for turning up and taking his place.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You are speaking to a servant of the English about merit? :rotf: :rotf: A people who went across the world to pillage, rape and murder like the savages and criminals that they are? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nigerians act like women. Always pretending to be obtuse, when you KNOW exactly what is going on.

How many tournaments did Keshi and Yobo "steal?"

You do realize that Musa intends to be at the next AFCON and World Cup right?
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:00 pm

I can’t remember Keshi or Yobo getting so much hate for not deserving a place in the AFCON team at the time.

I don’t agree with his selection but I would not abuse, invoke a curse or wish him harm for turning up and taking his place.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

I can't believe people are still justifying Musa's inclusion, most of our players were fatigued and had to play the final due to lack of options on the bench, yet we had Musa on the bench and the coach didn't trust him enough to let him play. Nigerians! Are we sure our problem is just leadership???
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Some would argue that Aribo did not deserve to go to AFCON either but I don’t hear you berating him… double standards❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:46 pm I can't believe people are still justifying Musa's inclusion, most of our players were fatigued and had to play the final due to lack of options on the bench, yet we had Musa on the bench and the coach didn't trust him enough to let him play. Nigerians! Are we sure our problem is just leadership???
you are still asking this question with an obvious answer? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remove every Nigerian in Nigeria and transport them to Switzerland.

Remove every Swiss from Switzerland and transport them to Nigeria.

In 2 years, Nigeria will be one of the best countries in the world and Switzerland will collapse beyond recognition. FACT!

Look at that one above talking about Aribo, in an attempt to divert from the corruption and criminality that permitted Musa to get into the AFCON squad, PRETENDING like he doent know the real problem. Go on Twitter and you will see Nigerians who will ask the most 141iotic questions, just to pretend like they dont know why the economy is bad or why the naira has collapsed... Initially, I used to sit down, laughing my head off, wondering how can someone be this obtuse and ask such a $#%^@ question. But then a few years ago, it dawned on me. It wasnt that they do not know the answer or the problem or solution. They do! Nigerians do! The issue is that they are so innately corrupt and their love for corruption and criminality means that while they know the problem, because of their support for the problem, in order to divert from the issue and gloss over the corruption, they have to pretend to ask shameless questions that are so far from relevant... in order to protect the corruption or criminal that they love. :oops: :oops:
Last edited by danfo driver on Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.