BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING: Peseiro quits as SE coach

Post by Enugu II »

Babalawo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:13 am Good riddance, we wish him well, a very average coach at best.

Finidi should continue.
He is average for sure but so was Rohr and many FCs that Nigeria employs. They polish their CVs by coming to take charge of Nigeria. The next average one will do exactly the same. None of those guys is better than any of our good local coaches.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The last two local coahes we had were Oliseh and Eguavoen. They are the reason we keep hiring these average Onyibos. Oliseh abandoned the team after 2 games in the middle of a tournament. Eguavoen used draft (checkers) to get the SE kicked out of the 2021 AFCON after the first game of the knockout stage. These are the reasons we have average white coaches. Our local coaches behave like typical Nigerians when given the opportunity. So don't blame average white coaches for coming to your rescue when your fellow Nigerian act like themselves.

Enugu II wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:20 am
Babalawo wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:13 am Good riddance, we wish him well, a very average coach at best.

Finidi should continue.
He is average for sure but so was Rohr and many FCs that Nigeria employs. They polish their CVs by coming to take charge of Nigeria. The next average one will do exactly the same. None of those guys is better than any of our good local coaches.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Penarity
Egg
Egg

Post by Penarity »

If this turns out to be true and given that we have only two points of out a maximum of six, it would take a miracle of Ivory Coast proportion to qualify for the WC. I don't think this Peseiro dude is a good coach. Our administrators rarely want the best for the country. This man has used Nigeria to embellish his resume... watch him move to another (African) country. If we miss the next world cup, it'd be very bad for our psyche. Oh well, life continues.
There is nothing to learn from someone who already agrees with you.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Maybe so ...
But here is where we were vs where we are..

Where we were before Peseiro..
AFCON 2021
We exited in the round of 16
2023 FIFA Ranking -- 41

Where we are with Peseiro..
AFCON 2023
Silve medal winners. Did not lose any game until the final game. Lost the final game to the host nation.
FIFA Ranking --- 28

Just checking who used who ...
Penarity wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 am If this turns out to be true and given that we have only two points of out a maximum of six, it would take a miracle of Ivory Coast proportion to qualify for the WC. I don't think this Peseiro dude is a good coach. Our administrators rarely want the best for the country. This man has used Nigeria to embellish his resume... watch him move to another (African) country. If we miss the next world cup, it'd be very bad for our psyche. Oh well, life continues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Finidi should continue.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:10 am Maybe so ...

AFCON 2021
2023 FIFA Ranking -- 41

AFCON 2023
Silve medal winners. Did not lose any game until the final game. Lost the final game to the host nation.
FIFA Ranking --- 28

Penarity wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:49 am If this turns out to be true and given that we have only two points of out a maximum of six, it would take a miracle of Ivory Coast proportion to qualify for the WC. I don't think this Peseiro dude is a good coach. Our administrators rarely want the best for the country. This man has used Nigeria to embellish his resume... watch him move to another (African) country. If we miss the next world cup, it'd be very bad for our psyche. Oh well, life continues.
Onku, leave them to the mercy of the Nff. The Nff will deal with them and give them the coach they want. Nigerians don’t appreciate building anything, they will tear it down because it’s not built fast enough. The same people that were crying after 2021 Afcon 2nd rd exit are now want the coach that took the team to the finals fired. They don’t want to make things better by reinforcing him. They want tv pundits to coach the team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:20 am
1naija wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:10 am Maybe so ...

AFCON 2021
2023 FIFA Ranking -- 41

AFCON 2023
FIFA Ranking --- 28

Onku, leave them to the mercy of the Nff. The Nff will deal with them and give them the coach they want. Nigerians don’t appreciate building anything, they will tear it down because it’s not built fast enough. The same people that were crying after 2021 Afcon 2nd rd exit are now want the coach that took the team to the finals fired. They don’t want to make things better by reinforcing him. They want tv pundits to coach the team.
What 2nd rd exit? They said Egu was unlucky. Third time is the charm. Watch him coach us a third time and have us miss out on the WC again. That’s what will make the likes of ohenhen1 happy.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:06 pm Randy Waldrum will do the same thing to Nigeria. Well at least he is part time. Still head coach at Pitt. They actually did well at the NCAAs last year. Peseiro was a failure at Venezuela. Only Nigeria will hire him. He used us to get better offers. It is what it is.
If Randy leaves us it’s on us. We refused to hire him full time. The NFF and the head media guy openly insulted him and then hide when the team did well at the WC and lllofinally we gave him a “take it or leave it” contract extension with no raise. Then they opened their mouth and said he didn’t get a raise because he didn’t do anything special that hasn’t been done in the past by other coaches. Sometimes a man can only take so much.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm He ended his tenure on a high but he was bang average overall.

Now, let’s see who’s next. I suspect the NFF already have another foreigner on their radar.
average overall ?

he took the team to the final of the most competitve AFCON IN HISTORY.

The team did not concede a goal in 4 straight matches.

Give me a break.
Let me get this straight, Keshi wins the Afcon, qualifies for the world cup and equals our best ever World cup performance, you say he is a bad coach, Pasiero fails to win afcon and was outclassed by a local coach with zero experience but you claim he is above average?? What manner of kolomentality is this?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:20 am

Finidi should continue.
...and we as mugus, a well below average people, continue to fall for them. Who is the real mugu here?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:12 pm Oliseh should be the top candidate. Assisted by Finidi. We need a thread for the coaching search
Oliver ko, Agbakogba ni
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

Peserio's contract expires today!

After today, he can not, must not, represent us in any form or fashion as the head coach of the SuperEagles of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

My position is simply why is it taking too long to announce the end of his tenure, and outline the process for his replacement?

It appears the NFF is divided, and those predisposed to his continuation are sourcing for money.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:25 am

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

OJI wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:44 pm Peserio's contract expires today!

After today, he can not, must not, represent us in any form or fashion as the head coach of the SuperEagles of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

My position is simply why is it taking too long to announce the end of his tenure, and outline the process for his replacement?

It appears the NFF is divided, and those predisposed to his continuation are sourcing for money.
He should take the other 10 job offers he claims he has gotten.

The NFF President, Ibrahim Gusau is not a bright guy if he doesn't recognize that this is an opportunity to hire his own coach and be judged by its failure or success. He should've jettisoned any and every coach associated with Pinnick.

If any of Pinnick's hires does well, Pinnick will claim credit. If they do poorly, Pinnick will claim that they didn't follow his blueprint.

I wouldn't trust anything Pinnick bequeaths me.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ok, we don hear.
Cellular wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:17 pm

The NFF President, Ibrahim Gusau is not a bright guy if he doesn't recognize that this is an opportunity to hire his own coach and be judged by its failure or success. He should've jettisoned any and every coach associated with Pinnick.

If any of Pinnick's hires does well, Pinnick will claim credit. If they do poorly, Pinnick will claim that they didn't follow his blueprint.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread nah fake news or what 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 has he left or not
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:20 pm uncle, he lost only 2 competive games out of 21! That's the totality of his tenure. You are too old to be criticizing just because ...
Cellular wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:11 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:03 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:07 pm He ended his tenure on a high but he was bang average overall.

Now, let’s see who’s next. I suspect the NFF already have another foreigner on their radar.
average overall ?

he took the team to the final of the most competitve AFCON IN HISTORY.

The team did not concede a goal in 4 straight matches.

Give me a break.
But he was average.

Forget tournament play. Evaluate him in the totality of his tenure.

Anyway, make we wait until they confirm that he has left for 'greener' pasture.
His record...P: 22, W: 11, D: 4, L: 7

Prior to the AFCON where he won 4 games his record was P: 16, W: 7, D: 3 and L: 6

Tournament record - P6: W:3 D:2 L1

This is the record of someone doing una shakara.

He should get on his knees and be kissing Osimhen's ring.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I think its 7. And dont forget that he told them that he needs to rest. He is quite tired right now.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:55 pm

I think its 7. And dont forget that he told them that he needs to rest. He is quite tired right now.
For a country that they claim sabi do 419 we keep falling victim to 419. :veryangry: :|
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

If I was Peseiro , I would take this opportunity of a life time and use SE as back up option, in just case.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Factually, the biggest 419 in the history of the world has been perpetuated by Oyibo. The likes of Maddof, Bankman-Fried, Boesky, Holmes and Braun were playing on a different level than any Nigerian has ever imagined. We are learners.
Cellular wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:08 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:55 pm

For a country that they claim sabi do 419 we keep falling victim to 419. :veryangry: :|
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Still no statement from the NFF. Normally if it wasn't true they would have released a statement dismissing it. I just hope they have a contingency plan.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

NFF still want to keep his contract at $50K, it's still uncertain if Peseiro will stay or not.