Why the Hiring of Eguavoen as Interim Makes LOGICAL SENSE.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why the Hiring of Eguavoen as Interim Makes LOGICAL SENSE.....

Post by mcal »

...crookedness full ground in Nigeria, no oversight, no questions.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Eguavoen should not take over. I don't know why the NFF cannot be professional for once. Just once
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:59 pm Eguavoen should not take over. I don't know why the NFF cannot be professional for once. Just once
:rotf:

you sound pained
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It takes time for a coach to implement his culture or system. It is even more difficult for a national team coach, that gets to work with players every 3 months. And only have 1 week or less of training. You can't be successful if you rely on short term coaches and interim coaches. It is a recipe for failure. We need a long term coach. If it is Eguavon, name him the full time head coach and give him a 2 year or 4 year contract. The NFF need to make a decision.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:26 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:19 pm He’s the only affordable option,they don’t even need to give him a short term contract.
He’s definitely not the best option but this is the NFF,I knew it won’t get better once the inevitable happened and Pesiero left in a professional manner.
After reports of late payments and every other thing you’d expect it was obvious Pesiero wouldn’t stay and the NFF would get a weaker coach.
The man might be wack/average coach but he left in a professional manner. Watch, the next thing the NFF will do is release some negative information about him and the negotiations to the media to save face. Trust our NFF to say something like he asked for 140k per month and a private jet 😂
Or "Peseiro decided to bare his fangs at us" :rotf: "He was clearly being a blabbermouth". "if we had the money, we should have fired him long before he made us runners up, and Eguavoen would have assured us of predictable 4-4-2 football".
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:26 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:19 pm He’s the only affordable option,they don’t even need to give him a short term contract.
He’s definitely not the best option but this is the NFF,I knew it won’t get better once the inevitable happened and Pesiero left in a professional manner.
After reports of late payments and every other thing you’d expect it was obvious Pesiero wouldn’t stay and the NFF would get a weaker coach.
The man might be wack/average coach but he left in a professional manner. Watch, the next thing the NFF will do is release some negative information about him and the negotiations to the media to save face. Trust our NFF to say something like he asked for 140k per month and a private jet 😂
I called it. Now they’re saying he wanted 120k per month. These NFF crooks are so predictable.

https://youtu.be/kd_7wr3LTbM
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

The technical director should be in charge of developing a coherent philosophy for football development in the country at all levels. The football philosophy should consider current trends in modern football (advanced statistics for game tactics, scouting and opponent monitoring) but would also aim to capitalize our strengths and improve our weaknesses.

In the last 15+ years, Nigeria has failed at producing full backs, defenders and goalkeepers. As far back as 2008 we were depending on the likes of Danny Shittu and Sodje. Aside from Omeruo and Keshi’s efforts to encourage the likes of Oboabona and Egwueke, we have failed to produce central defenders in at least 12 years.

At a basic level, our qualification for and performance at youth tournaments since 2015 has been nothing to write home about.

If Egu has failed as the technical leader of the NFF, why is he being asked to pick up additional responsibilities on a cycle?
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:15 am wish kain yeye be dis? :boo:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ANC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:02 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:59 pm Eguavoen should not take over. I don't know why the NFF cannot be professional for once. Just once

you sound pained
At the NFF. I don't think Eguavoen is bad, but he should respect himself and try another role
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:40 pm

you sound pained
At the NFF. I don't think Eguavoen is bad, but he should respect himself and try another role
Egu is part of the NFF
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

niyi wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:40 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:40 pm

you sound pained
Egu is part of the NFF
Doesn't change anything I said. I have nothing against Eguavoen personally but the NFF is terrible.