NFF dismiss Eguaveon as SE interim coach.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF dismiss Eguaveon as SE interim coach.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has described the purported appointment of former Nigeria international, Austin Eguavoen, as an interim manager of the Super Eagles after Portuguese coach Jose Peseiro stepped down at the weekend as ‘a joke taken too far’.
Though Eguavoen has been the NFF’s Technical Director since 2020, he was appointed the Super Eagles manager on an interim basis for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, following the departure of German coach Gernot Rohr.

He later returned to his Technical Director’s job after the Super Eagles crashed out of the AFCON 2021 following an agonising defeat to Tunisia in the round of sixteen.

Following the exit of Peseiro at the weekend, there has been overflowing news in a section of the main media and social media that Eguavoen has been mandated by the NFF to step in as the interim manager of the Super Eagles. While Enyimba International coach, Finidi George, who was Peseiro’s assistant to the recently concluded AFCON in Cote d’Ivore, will serve as Eguavoen’s assistant until the NFF names a substantive manager for the Super Eagles ahead of upcoming international engagements, including the qualifiers for the 2026 FIFA World Cup double-header against South Africa in June 2024.

But a decent source at the NFF yesterday dismissed with a wave of the hand the purported Eguavoen’s link to the Super Eagles job, adding that the former national team captain is not even being considered to take over on an interim basis.

“There’s nothing for Eguavoen as far as I know, and, in fact, nobody ever mentioned him in any capacity for the Super Eagles,” the source said, adding that those thrusting Eguavoen forward for the job are only jokers.

https://thenationonlineng.net/nff-dismi ... rim-coach/
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF dismiss Eguaveon as SE interim coach.

Guys, we might be in a lot more trouble than we care to admit on this coaching issue. These fools are about to troway our WC 26 ticket with their incompetence. The source isn’t disclosed but even if it’s a half truth it’s still not good. We have a huge game in about 90 90days and they can’t even decide on an interim coach let alone a new coach? Will the job be advertised ? How long will that take and when wilthe search start?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Also no friendly in March.

Ekong is injured
Sanusi is injured
Boniface is injured
Aina is injured

The Eagles lack depth. Well they can always give players their debut in an important world cup qualifier. That is how they do things in Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:27 am Also no friendly in March.

Ekong is injured
Sanusi is injured
Boniface is injured
Aina is injured

The Eagles lack depth. Well they can always give players their debut in an important world cup qualifier. That is how they do things in Nigeria.
343vwill not be an option v SA if Aina and Sanusi are injured. We’ll have to chance to ac4231 or 433.
OCCUPY NFF!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:13 am Guys, we might be in a lot more trouble than we care to admit on this coaching issue. These fools are about to troway our WC 26 ticket with their incompetence. The source isn’t disclosed but even if it’s a half truth it’s still not good. We have a huge game in about 90 90days and they can’t even decide on an interim coach let alone a new coach? Will the job be advertised ? How long will that take and when wilthe search start?
yes, these people[NFF] are complete fools no friendly match even one this month? I have taken my mind off Nigeria football[SADNESS], I will not be surprised if South Africa comes to Nigeria and draws or beats us. and either of the two, draw or beat us we are out, [no calculation no catch up.]
thanks
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Appoint Finidi already.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oscar52 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:28 am Appoint Finidi already.
Abi?
Instead of expending all our energy insulting the NFF (which is simply people just venting their frustration), we should offer solutions.
Tbh, I don’t even believe the NFF would describe the Eguavoen story as “a joke gone too far”.

That would be very disrespectful to Eguavoen and no matter what we might think of them, I just don’t think they would do that. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

No story here. All fake🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:23 am
Abi?
Instead of expending all our energy insulting the NFF (which is simply people just venting their frustration), we should offer solutions.
Tbh, I don’t even believe the NFF would describe the Eguavoen story as “a joke gone too far”.

That would be very disrespectful to Eguavoen and no matter what we might think of them, I just don’t think they would do that. :idea:
It might not have gone too far but it is a joke.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Abi?

What solutions should we offer them except to ask them to do their job? Is it rocket science to make arrangements to replace an out of contract manager?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:11 pm
Abi?

What solutions should we offer them except to ask them to do their job? Is it rocket science to make arrangements to replace an out of contract manager?
You are free to keep insulting them with all manner of invectives.
How does that help anybody? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:33 pm
Abi?

It is a bit inventive to call my contributions insults but I guess you are not referring to me. But those that insult the NFF are not near the top of the list of my concerns. As for solutions, fans forums are not technical workshops - they are there for the fans to vent. Those that are laid for solutions should get the solutions. If I'm on a plane and it is flying erratically am I supposed to know the solution before I complain?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:20 am
Abi?

It is a bit inventive to call my contributions insults but I guess you are not referring to me. But those that insult the NFF are not near the top of the list of my concerns. As for solutions, fans forums are not technical workshops - they are there for the fans to vent. Those that are laid for solutions should get the solutions. If I'm on a plane and it is flying erratically am I supposed to know the solution before I complain?
Aruako, why do you always, always, always take the use of ‘you’ on this board to mean you personally?
It’s always funny to me and several times I’ve pointed out to you that whatever was said wasn’t about you, aruako1.

When I wrote “instead of expending all our energy insulting the NFF…”, did you not notice my use of ‘our’ even though you’ve probably never seen me insult them?

It is just the casual use of language which we all partake in. One Nigerian will say to another “you have overaged players in your u17 team and you are celebrating victory.”

No vex o. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you, aruako1, insult anybody on this forum.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:13 am
Abi?

Aruako, why do you always, always, always take the use of ‘you’ on this board to mean you personally?
It’s always funny to me and several times I’ve pointed out to you that whatever was said wasn’t about you, aruako1.

When I wrote “instead of expending all our energy insulting the NFF…”, did you not notice my use of ‘our’ even though you’ve probably never seen me insult them?

It is just the casual use of language which we all partake in. One Nigerian will say to another “you have overaged players in your u17 team and you are celebrating victory.”

No vex o. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you, aruako1, insult anybody on this forum.
Chai! I’ve only just seen “…but I guess you are not referring to me” in your post.
All this explanation for nothing.

This is why it is bad to wake up and enter CE before sleep even clear for your eye... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:20 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:13 am
Abi?

Chai! I’ve only just seen “…but I guess you are not referring to me” in your post.
All this explanation for nothing.

This is why it is bad to wake up and enter CE before sleep even clear for your eye... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: E dey happen. I have typed several paragraphs in email reply at work only to realise that I missed something