Today na Today. All African Games: Uganda vs Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Today na Today. All African Games: Uganda vs Nigeria

Post by Kabalega »

Uganda vs Nigeria
Accra Sports Stadium
Thursday, 7th March 2024
Kickoff: (11PM EAT)

Uganda will mark its return to the African Games (Football-Men) today for the first time since 2011.

This year, the tournament comes with changes in regulations with U20 teams considered unlike the previous tournaments that allowed U23 Teams.

Uganda takes on Nigeria today at Accra Sports Stadium in Group B. The other teams in the same group Senegal and South Sudan will also face off earlier in the day.

The bookies favor Nigeria to win even though the history indicates otherwise. Will Nigeria rise to the occasion and give their fans a lift after the Senior Eagle's(SE) AFCON final disappointment? :)
Or, will Uganda claim their rightful place as husbands of Nigeria? :D

Let’s siddon l👀k.

Source
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Today na Today. All African Games: Uganda vs Nigeria

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

What history is kabalega talking about? I didn’t even know Uganda has an U20 team🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:45 am Uganda vs Nigeria
Accra Sports Stadium
Thursday, 7th March 2024

Uganda will mark its return to the African Games (Football-Men) today for the first time since 2011.

This year, the tournament comes with changes in regulations with U20 teams considered unlike the previous tournaments that allowed U23 Teams.

Uganda takes on Nigeria today at Accra Sports Stadium in Group B. The other teams in the same group Senegal and South Sudan will also face off earlier in the day.

The bookies favor Nigeria to win even though the history indicates otherwise. Will Nigeria rise to the occasion and give their fans a lift after the Senior Eagle's(SE) AFCON final disappointment? :)

Let’s siddon l👀k.

Source
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What is this about?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Accra Sports Stadium
Thursday, 7th March 2024

Let’s siddon l👀k.

Source
Kai ...... why are you exposing your country like this? none of us here even recognize these games are going on in Ghana.
So this is the highlight for Uganda? we should ban you from this site.. dont drag us down to ya level of football.

We are planning to Win the next World Cup 2026 and you are here screaming amateur soccer... ?

Someone get this guy arrested.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Game never finish?
Abi e never start?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Accra Sports Stadium
Thursday, 7th March 2024

Let’s siddon l👀k.

Source
Uganda? What is that?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

:lol: :lol: :lol: See them put on a brave face and feigning ignorance. :lol: :lol:

The game starts in 1.5 hours.

These two teams met in the 2023 AFCON U20. With Nigeria surviving 1-0, from an own goal. Both teams had 5 shots on goal though Nigeria had 18 shots. Again with 5 on target. Hopefully, the chiropractors have fixed the 9ja boys’ bones to be more accurate. :)

On the plus side, Nigeria had more blocked shots (10). :thumbs:

Uganda changed coaches while Nigeria has the same crew.
I wish I could see this game.
Anybody with a link or viewing ideas please?

https://globalsportsarchive.com/match/s ... 0/2957823/
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: See them put on a brave face and feigning ignorance. :lol: :lol:

Looks like it’s tomorrow, not tonight.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:13 pm
Kabalega wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:29 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: See them put on a brave face and feigning ignorance. :lol: :lol:

Looks like it’s tomorrow, not tonight.

Are you sure?
All match news (even Nigerian media) are reporting March 7.

EDIT: Game is today. Here is the official schedule:
https://results.accra2023ag.com/wrs/eng ... -03-07.htm
Last edited by Kabalega on Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Nigeria in titanic clash with Uganda in African Games opener
Wednesday, 06 March 2024

As the curtains rise on the 13th edition of the African Games, all eyes turn to Accra where former champions Nigeria will lock horns with Uganda in the opening match at the Accra Stadium.

The stage is set for a riveting encounter between two footballing powerhouses in Group B, with anticipation reaching fever pitch among fans and pundits alike. :D

This showdown holds added significance as it marks a rematch of the recent U20 Africa Cup of Nations clash between Nigeria and Uganda, where the Nigerian U20 national team emerged victorious with a hard-fought 1-0 win in Egypt.

With both sides eager to assert their dominance early in the tournament, Thursday's fixture promises to be a battle of skill, strategy, and determination.

Ahead of the highly anticipated opener, coaches Ladan Bosso of Nigeria and Morley Ochama of Uganda addressed the media at the pre-match press conference, offering insights into their teams' preparations and mindset going into the clash.

Coach Bosso exuded confidence in his squad's readiness, emphasizing their discipline and talent as they aim to make Nigeria proud on the continental stage.

"We have prepared a lot for this competition," Bosso remarked.

"The players are disciplined and ready for the action... We are not only counting on the talents of the players but also the support of the Nigerians living here in Ghana to encourage and support the boys."

Echoing his coach's sentiments, midfielder Daniel Bameyi expressed the team's determination to excel under Bosso's guidance and bring honor to Nigeria.

"We are delighted to play under coach Ladan Bosso again," Bameyi stated.

"We want to make Nigeria proud... There are lots of Nigerians here in Ghana, and I know they will come out in their numbers to support us to victory against Uganda."

Meanwhile, Coach Ochama exuded optimism about Uganda's prospects, emphasizing their preparedness and eagerness to compete against the Nigerian giants.

"We do respect Nigerians as superpowers of African football," Ochama acknowledged.

"But we don't fear them... A lot has changed since they beat us the last time, and we are ready to show them we have improved since then."

Ugandan player Ronald Madoi echoed his coach's sentiments, expressing confidence in his team's ability to overcome Nigeria.

"My colleagues and I are ready to show Nigeria that a lot has changed since we last met," Madoi affirmed. "There is nothing new in football these days, including surprises."

With both teams brimming with confidence and determination, Thursday's clash is poised to be a thrilling spectacle, setting the tone for what promises to be an exhilarating tournament in Accra.

https://www.cafonline.com/news/nigeria- ... es-opener/
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

No link for this game or what?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Right now, Senegal 1 - 0 South Sudan
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

13th African Games, Accra 2023 Men’s Football Match Day 1 Fixtures

Thursday, 07 March

15h00 GMT | South Sudan v Senegal

20h00 GMT | Nigeria v Uganda

Friday, 08 March

17h00 GMT | Ghana v Congo

20h00 GMT | Gambia v Benin

...how come folks in Nigeria are not reporting this. na which kin sport journos we get for this CE :shock:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Where to watch African Games 2024?

beIN Sport will stream the tournament in the Middle East and North Africa region as well as in France and the United States.

CANAL+ will telecast the event in French in Sub-Saharan Africa.

StarTimes in Sub-Saharan Africa will telecast the tournament on their Sports Premium, Sports Life and Beta Sports channels while

GTV will telecast the tournament in Ghana;
AfroSport in Nigeria;
Supersports in South Africa;
ZIGGO Sport in the Netherlands;
Sky Sports in the UK.

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) media and YouTube channels will also show games in some countries

https://www.outlookindia.com/sports/afr ... %20Africa.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Kai. We no go hear word for this forum again. Bosso has killed us.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

1naija wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:39 pm Kai. We no go hear word for this forum again. Bosso has killed us.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I hate to say it, but I told you soo. :D

The all African games started with a :boom:
We are still celebrating the young lads’ win. :thumbs: :thumbs:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Congratulations, my brother. You indeed told us so. Well deserved win.
Kabalega wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:05 am
1naija wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:39 pm Kai. We no go hear word for this forum again. Bosso has killed us.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:06 am Congratulations, my brother. You indeed told us so. Well deserved win.
Kabalega wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:05 am

Thanks. :thumbs:
Nigeria’s boys had their moments at the beginning of both halves. They do have a lot of room for improvement and a chance to make it out of the group.

The teams that start slowly tend to win these big tournaments. Remember Argentina’s start at the World Cup?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:19 am What history is kabalega talking about? I didn’t even know Uganda has an U20 team🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
Now you do. :D
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

See wifey take her rightful place next to her husband, Uganda. :D

Full game

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

U-20 style of play is, run-and-shoot football laden with over-zealousness.
Our local coaches need refinement on the nuance and psychology of the game,
else Bosso should take over coaching the SE so we can continue the rot.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ugandan team looks good.
Really like the guy out on the left flank. Confident and skill ful.