Antonio Concecao - any takers?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Antonio Concecao - any takers?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He has applied for the job. Klopp, Guadiola, Maurinho and Tuchel are yet to submit their resumes to the Nff. Any takers? I say no.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Antonio Concecao - any takers?

Post by fabio »

Finidi or Sylvanus "Quicksilver" Okpala.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

fabio wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:29 am Finidi or Sylvanus "Quicksilver" Okpala.
Okpalla ke? Haven't heard that name in a decade. Thought he passed.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:38 am
fabio wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:29 am Finidi or Sylvanus "Quicksilver" Okpala.
Okpalla ke? Haven't heard that name in a decade. Thought he passed.
He was the brains behind Keshi.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

He made a gidigbo team like Cameroon play like prime Barca when he was coach for them (not sure why exactly they sacked him). I'll take him in a heartbeat.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I like him
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Another journeyman....
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

fabio wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:58 am Another journeyman....
Yes, he is. But I liked his Cameroon team in 2021
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:06 am
Let him apply. Hopefully, there is a personnel team hired to go through applications and make good recommendation of candidates for the NFF to interview. That should be a modern system to help reduce extreme subjectivity in the process.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am He made a gidigbo team like Cameroon play like prime Barca when he was coach for them (not sure why exactly they sacked him). I'll take him in a heartbeat.
Lol

Hell no I don't want him.

i was not impressed with Cameroon in 2021. Djdn't Cameroon win Afcon in 2019. The team regressed in 2021 that is why Cameroon didn't retain him. A coach that is not good enough for Cameroon is not good enough for Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:12 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am He made a gidigbo team like Cameroon play like prime Barca when he was coach for them (not sure why exactly they sacked him). I'll take him in a heartbeat.
Lol

Hell no I don't want him.

i was not impressed with Cameroon in 2021. Djdn't Cameroon win Afcon in 2019. The team regressed in 2021 that is why Cameroon didn't retain him. A coach that is not good enough for Cameroon is not good enough for Nigeria.
They won in 2017, Seedorf was the coach in 2019. He won a bronze medal with Cameroon in 2021.
Last edited by gochino on Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Kai! This guy is the real definition of a Journey man! His last job with Cameroon from 2019 to 2021 is the longest in his entire career.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

He has a CV that makes Bosso’s look world class!
Seems like he never lasts more than 15 months in any job.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The true definition of a foreign journey man mercenary coach. He is exactly what the NFF is looking for or want. It won;t surprise me if he gets the job. But I still have hope for divine intervention.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Pass
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:33 pm
Let him apply. Hopefully, there is a personnel team hired to go through applications and make good recommendation of candidates for the NFF to interview. That should be a modern system to help reduce extreme subjectivity in the process.

Quick question for you.

Have you ever seen where any of the top countries or teams in world football hired a coach by asking for applications?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

His 2021 Cameroun team played good attacking football, tho they were somewhat suspect defensively. They also mainly played 4-4-2. His CV is even less impressive than that of Peseiro, so he kind of falls in the European "journeyman" coach category.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:40 pm

Quick question for you.

Have you ever seen where any of the top countries or teams in world football hired a coach by asking for applications?
Nope.

But Nigeria can set the pace. Nigeria should not always follow. If there is a more objective system, the MN follow it.

We all know that the current system is deep-seated in an old boys network. Hopefully, you also know that. This is a system previously used in gridiron football in the USA that is currently being butchered. First the USA now requires that teams actually interview atleast one minority. Secondly, they are now automatically award a second round pick to a team that actually hires a minority. Since I answered your question, can you tell me when the Americans have introduced this repair system?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 pm
txj wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:40 pm

Quick question for you.

Nope.

But Nigeria can set the pace. Nigeria should not always follow. If there is a more objective system, the MN follow it.

We all know that the current system is deep-seated in an old boys network. Hopefully, you also know that. This is a system previously used in gridiron football in the USA that is currently being butchered. First the USA now requires that teams actually interview atleast one minority. Secondly, they are now automatically award a second round pick to a team that actually hires a minority. Since I answered your question, can you tell me when the Americans have introduced this repair system?

You're in academics and management and therefore understand the idea of best practices.

Football coaches are selected to fit specific objectives of a team. It's what is called non merit recruitment.

You identify the one that best suits your particular needs and you go for them.

You identify your target and you shoot your arrow, as distinct from a fisherman casting a net.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle - EII, whats going on with you recently? I am actually concerned. No jokes/cap, I am genuinely concerned by the positions you are taking lately.

1. the call up of a Tanzanian based player
2. your comment that we should go to Eastern Europe and spread out legs.. i mean, wings, and bring in everyone we can find to show up to the national team and "fight for shirt."
3. and now this? supporting this and refusing to recognize that coaching is different and the way you approach hiring a coach must be different from the way you hire generally.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:28 am Uncle - EII, whats going on with you recently? I am actually concerned. No jokes/cap, I am genuinely concerned by the positions you are taking lately.

1. the call up of a Tanzanian based playerTanimu only recently went to Tanzania and please note that the 2 big clubs in Tanzania - Yanga and Simva - have been recruiting continent-wide recently and check out how they have performed in the continent. In any case, back to the subject. Tanimu has been a strong player with Edo Insurance for a while. I have just posted where he was named on the NPFL matchday Xi. He has been in stellar form for about two years with the club and only recently was spotted and transferred to Tanzania where you may be informed that regular pay is not an issue as it is with NPFL clubs.
2. your comment that we should go to Eastern Europe and spread out legs.. i mean, wings, and bring in everyone we can find to show up to the national team and "fight for shirt."i truly believe that and has stated that for years. There is a reason for it and it is somewhat related to your previous question.Nigerian players simply chase the certainty of wages. They are not concerned about big 5 or big 7 or whatever. It is largely about where to get regular pay. Our scouting must recognize that. Nigeria is neither England or France where the league is often correlated with the skill level of a player. To think that of Nigerian players is to make a hell of a mistake. Now think of Nwabali and Okoye, how about their leagues?
3. and now this? supporting this and refusing to recognize that coaching is different and the way you approach hiring a coach must be different from the way you hire generally.i certaunly believe this and i am shocked with your position given previous positions you have taken. Coaching is an old boys network in Europe. I am surprised that you are unaware of this. Note that the system of hiring is decadent. The system was used in the NFL gridiron, the system is undergoing change already. Note that NFL teams are now required to interview at leat a Black candidate. This creates familiarity. Second, note that an actual hiring of a Black coach now leads to an award of a third round pick. Why? It is a recogmition that something has to be done to repair a racially biased system. Are you not concerned that inspite of increasing production of Black players in England, that Black managers are hard to find? Is that not a pity?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:11 am
Uncle - EII, whats going on with you recently? I am actually concerned. No jokes/cap, I am genuinely concerned by the positions you are taking lately.

1. the call up of a Tanzanian based playerTanimu only recently went to Tanzania and please note that the 2 big clubs in Tanzania - Yanga and Simva - have been recruiting continent-wide recently and check out how they have performed in the continent. In any case, back to the subject. Tanimu has been a strong player with Edo Insurance for a while. I have just posted where he was named on the NPFL matchday Xi. He has been in stellar form for about two years with the club and only recently was spotted and transferred to Tanzania where you may be informed that regular pay is not an issue as it is with NPFL clubs.
Is he or is he not a Tanzanian-based player?
2. your comment that we should go to Eastern Europe and spread out legs.. i mean, wings, and bring in everyone we can find to show up to the national team and "fight for shirt."i truly believe that and has stated that for years. There is a reason for it and it is somewhat related to your previous question.Nigerian players simply chase the certainty of wages. They are not concerned about big 5 or big 7 or whatever. It is largely about where to get regular pay. Our scouting must recognize that. Nigeria is neither England or France where the league is often correlated with the skill level of a player. To think that of Nigerian players is to make a hell of a mistake. Now think of Nwabali and Okoye, how about their leagues?
2 things:

a. the National Team is not a scrimmage center. At some point, you guys have to accept that. "fighting for shirt" is such a horrific thing to say. I wouldn't say how i truly feel because that may come off as insulting and I respect you. However, we cant do scrimmages. Its actually insulting to our shirt for anyone to suggest that. If you want to make it to the national team, you perform at a high level at your club. Once you have done that, you will be selected on merit.

b. Your position actually highlights one of the biggest problems and the actual critical reason why Nigeria has failed to win titles for a while - MENTALITY! one of the ways - aside from talent and performance - to select a team is mentality. You look at the player and determine whether this player has the winning mentality to perform at a high level. If a player is going to Div 2, Div 3 or deep horrid back water leagues in order to focus on money, then that is NOT the player you want. If you take that player to a tournament to compete against players who are there to WIN, then you are in trouble. Did you watch us vs. Ivory Coast? Did you see the difference in mentality?

A player who wants to go for money is NOT a bad person. Such a player deserves to get all the money he wants to take care of his family and should never be spoken ill off. However, such a player should focus on his motivations and should NEVER see the national team jersey, not to speak of wearing it.
3. and now this? supporting this and refusing to recognize that coaching is different and the way you approach hiring a coach must be different from the way you hire generally.i certaunly believe this and i am shocked with your position given previous positions you have taken. Coaching is an old boys network in Europe. I am surprised that you are unaware of this. Note that the system of hiring is decadent. The system was used in the NFL gridiron, the system is undergoing change already. Note that NFL teams are now required to interview at leat a Black candidate. This creates familiarity. Second, note that an actual hiring of a Black coach now leads to an award of a third round pick. Why? It is a recogmition that something has to be done to repair a racially biased system. Are you not concerned that inspite of increasing production of Black players in England, that Black managers are hard to find? Is that not a pity?
I read your position before and frankly, I chose not to respond - mostly because I was tired last night. I dont think you understand DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) and how its implemented. You do realize that putting up a job post does not necessarily help to further DEI strategy, right? Many companies do it! They put up job posts, get all the CVs in the world and then they go on to hire the candidate they wanted anyway. This is the case, especially in the US, where there are state laws that actually insist that companies must list open jobs for the public to apply. Many of those companies do it to check the box and then move on with their preferred candidate.

A proper DEI strategy can work and be implemented in both instances. And when I mean both instances, I mean (1) when you hire a candidate by putting up job advertisement; and (2) when you headhunt. I will focus on (2).

When you head hunt, in order to properly implement DEI, you draw up a candidate of 5 highly qualified candidates. 5 of them would have the skills to implement your operations strategy; however, the 5 of them will form a diverse pool, based on gender, race, national origin, sexual orientation etc etc.. and then from that 5, you "interview" by having conversations with them to learn who is the best fit for your organization and your operations strategy. I have been involved in the hiring process under (1) and (2), so I know how this works in practical.

For football, head hunting is the best strategy because it is a specialty field with a specialty position (coach). Even the playing position, clubs and national teams do not put up job postings and asking for players to apply. :lol: Come to think about it, maybe thats why you are in favor of scrimmages and "fighting for shirt!!" :scared: :lol: Its a specialty field, so you look at your own operations strategy and then decide, "who in this field cant implement this strategy the way the board of directors/ Chief Executive wants it to be implemented." A good example is Barcelona and Ajax. They have a specific philosophy. They are rigid and their philosophy cannot and will not change for anyone. To properly implement that philosophy, they need to go out and look for a coach that is a fit!

Thus, my position about DEI in coaching is easily reconciled with my position here. Clubs and national teams should hire more minority coaches. And such hiring isn't threatened by head-hunting. There are many qualified minority coaches out there. Clubs should head-hunt them. Patrick Vieira was head hunted by City Group, Crystal Palace and now BlueCo Limited. Many black (minority coaches) would also tell you that they have applied and applied and applied and tried to "fight for shirt :lol: " and still they are jobless.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:08 pm

**pretentious nonsense deleted ***
Oga abeg my internet service is down. Can you please help a bruvva out and do a google search as to who is top of the English Premier League? You will be rewarded many fold for this kind act. Thanks in advance.

Wha choo looking at?!