Nigeria to play friendlies against Mali and Ghana in Marrakesh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria to play friendlies against Mali and Ghana in Marrakesh

Post by Flex Swift »

kendo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:19 pm
10 defenders and not one quality left back do we really need to call up so many defenders?

No creativity in the midfield maybe Ejuke could solve this problem?

The positive call ups are Tella, Osho and Fisayo Dele.

The other positive is the dropping of Aribo, Musa and Chukweze.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: EIGHT (8) From AFCON SQUAD ABSENT ON LIST for Friendlies

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:48 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:31 pm
Orion wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:38 am Ahmed Musa is yesterday's news, I honestly want to believe the insane Musa experiment now officially ends after the AFCON. The less said the better about this guy.
Yep. I hope this is the end of that nonsense. If they keep inviting Musa, we won't qualify for the WC. His presence embodies the rot and corruption in the system. You have to root out the decay to move forward.

I don't see how his invitation did any good during the last AFCON. You had a captain who was playing his heart out on the pitch, knowing that if we won the cup, some dude who was no longer an active player in the team would be the one to lift it and not him. That can't be good. I know people talk of Keshi in '94, but he was still an active player in the team then, just not a starter.
You guys never learn :lol:

Remember when Pesseiro stopped inviting Musa and there was public display of elation and jubilation? Almost as resounding as that night on the streets of Nigeria on June 8, 1998? And then when it was time for tournament, they sneaked him back in? Just when we thought he was out? They pulled him back in? :lol: If we qualify for the next AFCON and World Cup, Musa will be in the squad.
If I am in Musa's shoes, he should simply make an announcement and call it quits. If it requires a celebratory moment then so be it but it is time.
And that would bring forward the end of his playing career. And I suspect he is not ready to hang up his boots yet.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Why Gabriel Osho and Benjamin Tianimu are there and there aren't Igoh Ogbu and Jordan Torunarigha?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What times of the day are the games scheduled?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I still think there will be changes. hopefully the NFF can invite Obasogie and Akinsamiro or Eletu. I am still not happy with the midfield and goalkeeper depth. I am happy that they didn't invite Aribo. But they didn't invite any new midfielder. They are acting like the midfield is good.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Looks like Gabe Osho may not make it. Didn't play for his club this week. Carrying an injury. Nwabili also left his game with an injury.

Akinsamiro or Eletu and Obasogie would be my replacement.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The NFF leaked it to the press that it was Peseiro that assembled the list before he left. Which is plausable but I still think it was the NFF technical committee that made the list. There are some members of the NFF that think they should have an input on who should be invited to the SE. They want to do the job of the coach.

Finidi will be the interim coach. Owngoal is also saying the players prefer Finidi because he has been a part of the setup. Which also plausable because he uses a 442 with two proper strikers and two wingers.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:59 am Looks like Gabe Osho may not make it. Didn't play for his club this week. Carrying an injury. Nwabili also left his game with an injury.

SE invitations are based on performance at a high level not potential. Why does Eletu deserve a call over Frederick? Who is obasogie?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Most of this invited players are either injured or might not make the friendly games, wouldn't it have been wise for the NFF to let the interim coach line up some replacements just in case?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:59 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:59 am Looks like Gabe Osho may not make it. Didn't play for his club this week. Carrying an injury. Nwabili also left his game with an injury.

SE invitations are based on performance at a high level not potential. Why does Eletu deserve a call over Frederick? Who is obasogie?
Who is Obasogie? Did you really ask that question? Tomorrow, when he is invited you will begin to shout corruption.

Well, Obasogie is an Insurance FC goalkeeper who kept cleansheets for weeks last season and is considered one of the best if not the best goalie on the national scene. Some believe he is better than the current Enyimba goalie who is on SE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:42 am The NFF leaked it to the press that it was Peseiro that assembled the list before he left. Which is plausable but I still think it was the NFF technical committee that made the list. There are some members of the NFF that think they should have an input on who should be invited to the SE. They want to do the job of the coach.

Finidi will be the interim coach. Owngoal is also saying the players prefer Finidi because he has been a part of the setup. Which also plausable because he uses a 442 with two proper strikers and two wingers.
Watch all the corruption allegations dissappear.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

For a guy who was being owed salary, he seemed to be going on vacation to Rome (to visit his friend last year), and with his wife. How do you think he was affording that life style? :sneaky:
aruako1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:16 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:42 am The NFF leaked it to the press that it was Peseiro that assembled the list before he left. Which is plausable but I still think it was the NFF technical committee that made the list. There are some members of the NFF that think they should have an input on who should be invited to the SE. They want to do the job of the coach.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm For a guy who was being owed salary, he seemed to be going on vacation to Rome (to visit his friend last year), and with his wife. How do you think he was affording that life style? :sneaky:

Come…. how much do you think it costs to go for a week’s vacation in Rome? :blink:
No be you dey ‘play go’ Naples to watch Osimhen?
It’s peanuts.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:52 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:59 pm For a guy who was being owed salary, he seemed to be going on vacation to Rome (to visit his friend last year), and with his wife. How do you think he was affording that life style? :sneaky:

Come…. how much do you think it costs to go for a week’s vacation in Rome? :blink:
It’s peanuts.
Excuse me, its peanuts for someone who hasnt gotten paid a salary in months? This is quite interesting and I hope everyone is reading this to perfectly understand why Nigeria is in a serious pickle at the moment. And the mentality of Nigerians. A country were people are owed salaries for months and those same people are living, paying their bills, purchasing cars and traveling abroad. Yet, others see that and do not question it. Going on vacation to Rome for a few days, flying business class and staying in luxury hotels for a man who has not been paid for months, is "peanuts!" Interesting.

Do you care to ask how he is paying his bills and taking luxury vacations to see his friend in Rome and to pamper his wife?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

I DON'T GET TOO WORKED UP BY ALL THESE "UNKNOWN" INVITEES

Of course Nigeria is very corrupt and it's everywhere but people should consider facts before they assign everything to corruption. How much can one make inviting a single, solitary no-name player from the Tanzanian league? How is it possible to convince all those involved in player selection that such a player is worthy of invitation? Wouldn't it be obvious in practice that such a player doesn't belong?

In sports there can be sudden revelations and how does such a player prove he belongs if never gets invited because better known players are left out. Bottom line, let's not be too quick to see sleaze when a Nigerian is coach.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:16 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:52 pm

It’s peanuts.
Excuse me, its peanuts for someone who hasnt gotten paid a salary in months? This is quite interesting and I hope everyone is reading this to perfectly understand why Nigeria is in a serious pickle at the moment. And the mentality of Nigerians. A country were people are owed salaries for months and those same people are living, paying their bills, purchasing cars and traveling abroad. Yet, others see that and do not question it. Going on vacation to Rome for a few days, flying business class and staying in luxury hotels for a man who has not been paid for months, is "peanuts!" Interesting.

Do you care to ask how he is paying his bills and taking luxury vacations to see his friend in Rome and to pamper his wife?
Oh please.
I thought you said you were ‘Omo Baba Olowo’?
And yet you think the wealthy live from paycheck to paycheck?
Nope.
You see football managers out of work for months and months and they don’t go hungry.
That happens for a reason.
A 60 yr old man with a lifetime of investments behind him, now on $50k a month is not going to fly a budget airline and lodge in a Travelodge because he is owed a mere 6 months’ salary.
You don’t even know who or what his wife is.
Be real.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:39 pm I DON'T GET TOO WORKED UP BY ALL THESE "UNKNOWN" INVITEES

Of course Nigeria is very corrupt and it's everywhere but people should consider facts before they assign everything to corruption. How much can one make inviting a single, solitary no-name player from the Tanzanian league? How is it possible to convince all those involved in player selection that such a player is worthy of invitation? Wouldn't it be obvious in practice that such a player doesn't belong?

In sports there can be sudden revelations and how does such a player prove he belongs if never gets invited because better known players are left out. Bottom line, let's not be too quick to see sleaze when a Nigerian is coach.
Bell
It’s a gentleman’s agreement. It the culture. It’s ‘understood’.
It’s turn by turn.

If it’s corruption, that’s how it works.
In Nigeria, we have corruption on lockdown. We wrote the textbook.
Siddon there.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:34 am
Sorry, i do not speak vernacular. What is that?
And yet you think the wealthy live from paycheck to paycheck?
Nope.
Please provide evidence that Peseiro is "the wealthy" and SiaSia/Salisu are not.
You see football managers out of work for months and months and they don’t go hungry.
That happens for a reason.
Yes, it does. Many of them get another job in another industry, like media or consulting.
A 60 yr old man with a lifetime of investments behind him,
Does SiaSia and Salisu have lifetime of investments behind them? Or this is only reserved for the white god, whom you think is so clean that his ilk like Bernie maddoff, the slave traders, rapists, colonialists and murders could do no wrong?
now on $50k a month is not going to fly a budget airline and lodge in a Travelodge because he is owed a mere 6 months’ salary.

the $50k he has not received in 6 months?
You don’t even know who or what his wife is.
Neither do you. But do you know who Siasia and Salisu's wives are? Or only white wives can support their husbands?
Be real.
So should you. Contrary to what you think, not only black people take bribes or commit financial crimes. In fact, the biggest financial crimes ever committed have overwhelmingly been committed by white folks. :oops:
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

The Ghana Football Association has reached an agreement with Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund for Otto Addo.

Otto Addo will be offered a 34-month contract with an option for a further 24-months.

Otto will be allowed by Borussia Dortmund to join Ghana for the March international window, after which he will travel back to the club to officially hand over and take up the job permanently in May this year.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:02 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:34 am
Sorry, i do not speak vernacular. What is that?
So all this your ‘White Man’ angst on your every other post na forming? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

For a man that still goes around in 2024 with an “I’m black and proud” sticker on his forehead and a ‘Down with The White Man!’ sticker on his backside, I’d have thought you’d regard a Nigerian language a little more highly than a mere ‘vernacular’.
No?

Anyway, language has never been your strong point, but you nor dey ‘gree seek correct advice.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

OJI wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:34 pm

The Ghana Football Association has reached an agreement with Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund for Otto Addo.

Otto Addo will be offered a 34-month contract with an option for a further 24-months.

Otto will be allowed by Borussia Dortmund to join Ghana for the March international window, after which he will travel back to the club to officially hand over and take up the job permanently in May this year.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Fantastic move by Ghana. Now, Nigeria, Ndubuisi Egbo.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

OJI wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:34 pm

Good choice by Ghana, I've always rated Otto Addo