Benjamin Tiaminu - New SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Benjamin Tiaminu - New SE

Post by 1naija »

How many times do you want to see those players before you realize they do not have what we need?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:40 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:50 pm Insurance has been decent in the past two seasons. I would like to hear from NPFL experts before I condemn his invitation. I only know my Enyimba players
Is Tiaminu is not better than Torunarigha,Ogbu or Ndah. We have to call out these types of obvious corruption all the time.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:24 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:48 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:42 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:05 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:50 pm Insurance has been decent in the past two seasons. I would like to hear from NPFL experts before I condemn his invitation. I only know my Enyimba players
Is Tiaminu is not better than Torunarigha,Ogbu or Ndah. We have to call out these types of obvious corruption all the time.
Until very recently he played for one of the best teams in the NPFL but because he was not invited by a white man it is corruption. Friendlies are for trying new players and the Tanzanian league is better than the NPFL. You didn't call Peseiro corrupt when he brought Onuachu on ahead of Moffi in the early AFCON games.
At some point you guys will have to start showing our Super Eagles some respect. Imagine advocating for Tanzania, Div2 and Div 3 players. Arent you guys tired. Arent you ashamed and tired of advocation for lower league and poor league players. If not, when will you be tired??? :oops:
Please give it a rest. Feel free to have your opinion on which players you want in the team. Stop hounding others for having their own opinions. I have no issue with inviting Tianimu given the recent information I have seen about him. We can happily agree to disagree.
You clearly do not. When have you ever had issues with corruption? :lol: :lol: na today?
When you lose the argument you go ad hominem. Ignoring you now.
awww my heart just broke! please dont ignore me. what would I do without your attention? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Continue supporting corruption. Thats what most of you are good for anyway. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:00 pm Which team was one of the best teams in the NPFL? The one that was going to tournament and playing football for participation? I dont know anything about the player, but no player that was coached to have such mindset should not come near the SE.

In case we've forgotten so soon...
Until very recently he played for one of the best teams in the NPFL but because he was not invited by a white man it is corruption. Friendlies are for trying new players and the Tanzanian league is better than the NPFL. You didn't call Peseiro corrupt when he brought Onuachu on ahead of Moffi in the early AFCON games.
Lol. You just want me to admit that Rivers United are a very good team. Oya, Rivers United are very good. Now go back to your schnapps. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

With new info on the selected player, given the fickleness of scouting, and club career selections, wiser heads might just be giving him a credibility boost to move to a better league. In spite of Tiaminu's decisions.

Enlightened group interest (give a career boost to a player in a position that the national team needs reinforcement and/or transition upcoming younger players into the fold), provide depth and enlarging the pool might just be motivating issue as the players in the current defense set up are aging and/or injury prone.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

fabio wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:51 pm
At some point you guys will have to start showing our Super Eagles some respect. Imagine advocating for Tanzania, Div2 and Div 3 players. Arent you guys tired. Arent you ashamed and tired of advocation for lower league and poor league players. If not, when will you be tired??? :oops:
If the young chap didn't go abroad, he wouldn't have received a call up to SE.

You're kidding right?

He's invited because his agents have successfully placed him on the list, which they will then use to boost his chances for a transfer to greener pastures..
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

txj wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:33 pm

You're kidding right?

He's invited because his agents have successfully placed him on the list, which they will then use to boost his chances for a transfer to greener pastures..
Kpom! There’re still a couple honest people on CE. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

You're kidding right?

That’s the game. That’s how the great Bameyi that is registered with Yum Yum FC got invited to the SE after representing us at U20 and U23.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

You're kidding right?

Unfortunately. That is your thought simply because he plays locally.

However, reports indicate that he has been a consistent baller at the center of a stingy Edo Insurance defense in the NPFL. I love this call up. Let him come to camp and challenge for a shirt. I truly love this and more of this should be done going forward. Hopefully, the SE scouts should also look to East Europe where there have been some ballers as well. That scouting coverage should be widened.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I would rather he was invited as a home based player with Insurance rather than a no name Tanzanian club.
It damages the SE brand.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Osho off injured vs Crystal Palace.
Hopefully, just a precaution.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:53 pm

You're kidding right?

However, reports indicate that he has been a consistent baller at the center of a stingy Edo Insurance defense in the NPFL. I love this call up. Let him come to camp and challenge for a shirt. I truly love this and more of this should be done going forward. Hopefully, the SE scouts should also look to East Europe where there have been some ballers as well. That scouting coverage should be widened.

I remember that you said the same thing about Ndah.

At some point you have to wake up and smell the coffee rather than live in blissful ignorance.

The issue is not because he is locally based or whatever.

The issue is that he is part of a marketing scheme.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:57 pm I would rather he was invited as a home based player with Insurance rather than a no name Tanzanian club.
It damages the SE brand.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:08 pm

You're kidding right?

At some point you have to wake up and smell the coffee rather than live in blissful ignorance.

Txj

I actually was not that big on Ndah. I wish I was because he actually surprised me. That clearly means you do not actually follow what I have stated on some players. You chose a guy that I was not very high on but he turned out better than my evaluation.

This guy - Tanimu- has earned a right to be invited given his productivity in the NPFL. Ofcourse, i do not expect that you know about him because you consistently dhow that you know little about the NPFL. Those that know Know. In fact, on this site, someone previously casked for his call up when Peseiro was struggling to fix SE defende. It is now up to Tanimu to make good use of that opportunity. That is only the point that I ask -- give them opportunity that is given to some simply because they are in Europe. Txj, ask yourself -- is there anyone who has gotten an undue call to the national team compared to Goalie Okoye who was called up as a semi-pro while playing in EUROPE? Europe is that much captivating!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:20 pm

You're kidding right?

Txj

I actually was not that big on Ndah. I wish I was because he actually surprised me. That clearly means you do not actually follow what I have stated on some players. You chose a guy that I was not very high on but he turned out better than my evaluation.

This guy - Tanimu- has earned a right to be invited given his productivity in the NPFL. Ofcourse, i do not expect that you know about him because you consistently dhow that you know little about the NPFL. Those that know Know. In fact, on this site, someone previously casked for his call up when Peseiro was struggling to fix SE defende. It is now up to Tanimu to make good use of that opportunity. That is only the point that I ask -- give them opportunity that is given to some simply because they are in Europe. Txj, ask yourself -- is there anyone who has gotten an undue call to the national team compared to Goalie Okoye who was called up as a semi-pro while playing in EUROPE? Europe is that much captivating!!
I forgot about Okoye's call up - there was no pim because it was by a white coach. Now a defender that many have described as one of the best in the NPFL is called up and it is suddenly corruption because he was called up by Nigerians. Tanimu made the 2022/2023 NPFL team of the season and has been in the team of the week for weeks 2, 3, 10 and 14 this season. He was NPFL player of the month in October 2023.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

aruako1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:30 pm

You're kidding right?

Txj

I forgot about Okoye's call up - there was no pim because it was by a white coach. Now a defender that many have described as one of the best in the NPFL is called up and it is suddenly corruption because he was called up by Nigerians. Tanimu made the 2022/2023 NPFL team of the season and has been in the team of the week for weeks 2, 3, 10 and 14 this season. He was NPFL player of the month in October 2023.
Correction - he was Bendel Insurance, not NPFL player of the month October 2023
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

You're kidding right?

Thank you. These are the behaviours, patterns and value systems that undermines our progress. This is why - I always focus on hiring the best Manager vs a local manager; Best Manager can be local but the local Manager needs to be principled (and will typically not get along with NFF - a good sign). And yes, A Nigerian coach in the Nigerian system - begats what we have in NIPOST, NITEL, NEPA, NNPC and heck NFF and more-we can rename this list as things that don't work. As long as Nigeria remains corrupt in thinking, just like this post suggests and reflects (as many see the invitation as normal), we are better off countering our bad system with a foreign coach that will not think things like these are normal. Waldrum threw a temper tantrum when preparations were bad - A nigerian coach will typically not - except for Oliseh/Keshi. A country that has U20 Boso, and others that have been sanctioned or like Salisu coaching tells you all you need to know.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

icee wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:48 pm

You're kidding right?

Thank you. These are the behaviours, patterns and value systems that undermines our progress. This is why - I always focus on hiring the best Manager vs a local manager; Best Manager can be local but the local Manager needs to be principled (and will typically not get along with NFF - a good sign). And yes, A Nigerian coach in the Nigerian system - begats what we have in NIPOST, NITEL, NEPA, NNPC and heck NFF and more-we can rename this list as things that don't work. As long as Nigeria remains corrupt in thinking, just like this post suggests and reflects (as many see the invitation as normal), we are better off countering our bad system with a foreign coach that will not think things like these are normal. Waldrum threw a temper tantrum when preparations were bad - A nigerian coach will typically not - except for Oliseh/Keshi. A country that has U20 Boso, and others that have been sanctioned or like Salisu coaching tells you all you need to know.
Well said. Nothing more to add 👏
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

You're kidding right?

Txj

Week 2

Week 3

Week 10

Week 13
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You're kidding right?

I used to hate this phrase/sentence - come to camp and fight for shirt. :lol: I hated it so much... I dont think I have hated any phrase more than that one. It was a phrase used to justify corruption. It was how they got Francis Kumbur and hey you into our national team. That was how they justified it then and thats how they will justify it now.

I am very angry. However, this is what I have grown to know and understand about who a large number of us (Nigerians) are.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

You're kidding right?

Txj

I don't know if its pretense that is your problem or just blissful ignorance.

I've told you this from many years ago. HB players get invited to the SE strictly on the basis of agency representation. Ditto especially for the youth teams.

You can argue here till the cows come home but that is how it works in Nigeria.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:09 am
fabio wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:51 pm If the young chap didn't go abroad, he wouldn't have received a call up to SE.

You're kidding right?

Txj

Week 2

Week 3

Week 10

Week 13

The Okoye example is EII's red herring.

He was invited because we were down to bare bones in the GK department and ended up using a La Liga 2 GK in the WC.

And he was invited because he had good prospects and not part of a marketing scheme.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:38 am

You're kidding right?

I used to hate this phrase/sentence - come to camp and fight for shirt. :lol: I hated it so much... I dont think I have hated any phrase more than that one. It was a phrase used to justify corruption. It was how they got Francis Kumbur and hey you into our national team. That was how they justified it then and thats how they will justify it now.

I am very angry. However, this is what I have grown to know and understand about who a large number of us (Nigerians) are.
Danfo

Unfortunately, this is not Kumbur. If I recall correctly, Francis Kumbur was virtually unknown even while he was playing overseas and was then shockingly called up. This isn't Kumbur and not even close.

This guy is a bona-fide top level defender in the NPFL. If you follow the NPFL, as I do, he will be the first defender you will expect to be called up. When Peseiro was shuffling his defenders from one to the other, this guy came up as an option. Ofcourse, because he was local, he was ignored. Does he deserve an invitation! Sure as hell, he deserves it. Now, it is up to him to show that he belongs. But the insinuation by that this is a corrupt call up is simply a lack of knowledge about the NPFL scene. For those in the know, it is not a shock at all!!! In fact, there are a few others that could also be considered. Always check the NPFL thread here. BTW, there is a team of the week that is regularly posted there as well.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sunset wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:19 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:57 pm I would rather he was invited as a home based player with Insurance rather than a no name Tanzanian club.
It damages the SE brand.
Stop trying to justify the unjustifiable! You can’t compare the Nigerian football brand with Tanzania globally.
Inviting players from the Tanzanian league, no matter their CAF position damages the SE brand.
I am happy