The 'cat' with nine lives: Ebuehi and Collins get yet another call up. .....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
The 'cat' with nine lives: Ebuehi and Collins get yet another call up. .....

Post by Enugu II »

Well, well, Ebuehi and Collins get yet another call up. How many will they continue to get? Just asking. Is it still potential or has something changed? Just asking. :rotf: :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The 'cat' with nine lives: Ebuehi and Collins get yet another call up. .....

Post by Dammy »

Injuries to Zaidu and Aina is possibly responsible for their invitations
I am happy
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The 'cat' with nine lives: Ebuehi and Collins get yet another call up. .....

Post by ANC »

I like Ebuehi. Not sure why he is no longer favored.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:05 am Injuries to Zaidu and Aina is possibly responsible for their invitations
:thumbs: True point.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

To be sure, Ebuehi has improved with his grit level in his last few appearances for Nigeria particularly after he was out for months with a severe injury a few years ago. However, I feel he is still miles away from what Aina regularly gives us.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:02 am Well, well, Ebuehi and Collins get yet another call up. How many will they continue to get? Just asking. Is it still potential or has something changed? Just asking. :rotf: :rotf:
Both are SE quality players. Do you know of better players in Tanzania?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ebuehi is a quality squad player while Collins isn't a Super Eagles material!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:55 am Ebuehi is a quality squad player while Collins isn't a Super Eagles material!
Fact is people would raise their game in big occasion and we saw this with average players like Zaidu who undeservedly stole ebuehi slot during Afcon
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

jette1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:19 am
Undertaker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:55 am Ebuehi is a quality squad player while Collins isn't a Super Eagles material!
Fact is people would raise their game in big occasion and we saw this with average players like Zaidu who undeservedly stole ebuehi slot during Afcon
Undeservedly? Really? That is a shock to me and I bet to many on CE as well. Clearly, you do not watch SE at all. If you did, you will note that the two are not in competition. Unless you mistooK Zaidu for Ola Aina. Just a reminder, It is Aina and other right backs that kept out Ebuehi.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:30 am
Undeservedly? Really? That is a shock to me and I bet to many on CE as well. Clearly, you do not watch SE at all. If you did, you will note that the two are not in competition. Unless you mistooK Zaidu for Ola Aina. Just a reminder, It is Aina and other right backs that kept out Ebuehi.
Yup.
Not Zaidu or Collins.
Jette is confusing his left from his right.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:19 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:30 am
Yup.
Not Zaidu or Collins.
Jette is confusing his left from his right.
What position did ebuehi play on our way to Russia including friendlies

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

he might be on this video but I have to check later

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ebuehi stunk the joint up in his last SE outing. I had him as easily the worst person on the field.

To be honest, he looks a talent and has had a few good games for the SE, but I don’t know that I see him as important for the future and I would be looking form younger players with more of an upside.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:38 am he might be on this video but I have to check later
Jette…is everything okay?
This video you’ve posted confirms exactly what we are telling you.
Ebuehi plays right wingback, not left.

In this video Ebuehi (21) comes on in the 77th minute to replace Shehu Abdullahi (12) at the right back position and plays there until game over.
Idowu started and finished the game at left back.
Ola Aina was on the bench and never came on.

How did you end up posting this? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ebuehi has not been the same player since that long term injury he suffered at Benfica. He is no longer a starter for Empoli
I am happy
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:17 am

In this video Ebuehi (21) comes on in the 77th minute to replace Shehu Abdullahi (12) at the right back position and plays there until game over.

To be fair, Ebuehi was on the left during the World Cup(2018) match vs Iceland
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ebuehi can play LB or RB like Aina but his preference is on the right.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I love Ebuehi’s game
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kendo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:41 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:17 am

To be fair, Ebuehi was on the left during the World Cup(2018) match vs Iceland
Replacing Idowu in the second half.
Echejiele didn’t even play, so there was obviously a problem going on there at left back.

So that one na condition.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

How did Zaidu (a LB) “steal” the slot of Ebuehi (who plays on the other side of the pitch at RB)?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Jamiu Collins is 30 years old. He will NEVER bench Zaidu (27 years old) or Onyeamachi (25 years old).

When a country is a serious country, do you know what they will do? They will look for a LB who is young, perhaps 21 years and under. If they do not have one in their youth teams, they will scout for one. If they have one in their youth team, they will focus on him. They will bring in that young kid for this game to replace 27 year old Zaidu, so that the kid can understand the pressure of being invited to the senior team. He will learn what it takes to play there, he will get to meet potential future team mates and the team mates and coach will learn more about him. They will begin to groom him because in 3 years +, he will become a viable option to compete and/or replace Zaidu.

But Nigeria is NOT a serious country and our citizens do not think broadly and intelligently. They sit on your fat hairy buttocks and laugh foolishly about irrelevant things.

We have never been known for planning ahead and our fanbase/citizens are the biggest problem with this. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:44 pm
*** pretentious nonsense deleted ****
Oga abeg my internet service is down. Can you please help a bruvva out and do a google search as to who is top of the English Premier League? You will be rewarded many fold for this kind act. Thanks in advance.

Wha choo looking at?!