AMUNEKE Turns in Application to Replace Peseiro........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

OJI
Egg
Egg
Re: AMUNEKE Turns in Application to Replace Peseiro........

Post by OJI »

I don't understand why people forget to mention that Amuneke was a member of the WC 2018 FIFA technical study group (TSG). Headed by Parreira, the 1994 FIFA World Cup-winning coach for Brazil, with Bora Milutinović, Alessandro Nesta, Andy Roxburgh and Marco van Basten as additional members of the group.

The TSG analyzed the matches of the World Cup, and evaluated statistical data using the latest technologies.

By osmosis, and interaction something hopefully rubbed off, and the evaluation of the matches was definitely enriched by his participation, and contributions.

At the very minimum, he is prone to, and sees the need for healthy post match reviews.

Me, I wouldn't talk about that journeyman coach that knew it all, and blamed the field, elevation, and temperature for his negative outcomes.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AMUNEKE Turns in Application to Replace Peseiro........

Post by danfo driver »

OJI wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:52 pm I don't understand why people forget to mention that Amuneke was a member of the WC 2018 FIFA technical study group (TSG). Headed by Parreira, the 1994 FIFA World Cup-winning coach for Brazil, with Bora Milutinović, Alessandro Nesta, Andy Roxburgh and Marco van Basten as additional members of the group.

The TSG analyzed the matches of the World Cup, and evaluated statistical data using the latest technologies.

By osmosis, and interaction something hopefully rubbed off, and the evaluation of the matches was definitely enriched by his participation, and contributions.

At the very minimum, he is prone to, and sees the need for healthy post match reviews.

Me, I wouldn't talk about that journeyman coach that knew it all, and blamed the field, elevation, and temperature for his negative outcomes.
Probably the same reason they forget to mention that he is NOT a winner. As a coach, he has won only 1 trophy in his career and this was 9 year ago.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?