Yakubu: My Infamous 2010 Goal Miss | Feed the Yak Podcast

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Yakubu: My Infamous 2010 Goal Miss | Feed the Yak Podcast

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Yakubu: My Infamous 2010 Goal Miss | Feed the Yak Podcast

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpoke,

Thinking of it now and trying to imagine being in that moment, I wonder if he somewhat thought the keeper was on the goalline and, therefore, the need to target a corner of the goal? But that really is a far fetched thought given that he must have been aware, at least via peripheral vision that the goalie had come out and was the one who missed the cross to offer up an incredible opportunity. It is really unbelievable but it does happen.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The greatest SE striker ever!
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:05 pm
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Many of the rats are on this forum.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Onigbinde was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria football.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Can the rats here come out and identify yourselves?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:33 pm Can the rats here come out and identify yourselves?

1naija,

I tink say you be the head rat ooo! Abi, you wan deny naa? Yak don give you call? No be you and dat bobo go dey call Yak come dey axe wedar im daughter see dat miss, naa? Ridiculous. Dem suppose ban you for here. :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

1naija wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:29 pm Onigbinde was one of the worst things to ever happen to Nigeria football.
Didn't Onigbinde claim that Yakubu was left out because he had issues with his eyes?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=52561&start=92
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I hate that it happened to a player like Yak. The guy was a beast back in his days. He was also awfully good at taking penalty. Him, Victor Moses anEkong make taking Penalty look easy. That is why I say it's not by force Osimhen takes PK. You either have it or you don't.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yak is my second best SE ever. You can guess who the best is ...
Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:28 am
1naija wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:33 pm Can the rats here come out and identify yourselves?

1naija,

I tink say you be the head rat ooo! Abi, you wan deny naa? Yak don give you call? No be you and dat bobo go dey call Yak come dey axe wedar im daughter see dat miss, naa? Ridiculous. Dem suppose ban you for here. :rotf:
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

don't make the yak angry. good episode.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

That 2010 WC was very strange. It was as if the team was cursed. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong, in every game! Missed chances, red cards, boneheaded decisions. Everything! Na reeeeeallll waaaaaa!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:48 pm That 2010 WC was very strange. It was as if the team was cursed. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong, in every game! Missed chances, red cards, boneheaded decisions. Everything! Na reeeeeallll waaaaaa!!
That was exactly how i saw that tournament for us. The team was a strong team and could have easily made it out of that group. It was like luck wanted to punish NFF for denyig Amodu a chance to coach at the worldcup yet again. Lagerback showed he is good coach
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Goalgetter wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:55 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:48 pm That 2010 WC was very strange. It was as if the team was cursed. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong, in every game! Missed chances, red cards, boneheaded decisions. Everything! Na reeeeeallll waaaaaa!!
That was exactly how i saw that tournament for us. The team was a strong team and could have easily made it out of that group. It was like luck wanted to punish NFF for denyig Amodu a chance to coach at the worldcup yet again. Lagerback showed he is good coach
Yes. We also missed a chance to make history in that tournament because if we had beaten S. Korea in that game, we would have been the first team in WC history to qualify for the knockout stages after losing their first two games

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Yakubu deserved better than he was treated. His experience on how he was insulted on social media by people who lack home training is truly sad. Apparently, one of them was writing nonsense to his daughter. People like this deserve only one thing -- something I had to do back in January-Feb, where I put it away for a couple of weeks and when it retuned, it cried, uncontrollably. :D
Last edited by danfo driver on Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:54 am Yakubu deserved better than he was treated. His experience on how he was insulted on social media by people who lack home training is truly sad. Apparently, one of them was writing nonsense to his daughter. People like this deserve only one thing -- something I had to do back in January-Feb, where I put it away for a couple of weeks and when it retuned, it cried, uncontrollably. :D
do not mind them, once that bobo returned we had to play SA on PK and then lose the final. bobo nah bad luck. I am glad the YAK has a name for all of them , "RATS" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:53 am
danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:54 am Yakubu deserved better than he was treated. His experience on how he was insulted on social media by people who lack home training is truly sad. Apparently, one of them was writing nonsense to his daughter. People like this deserve only one thing -- something I had to do back in January-Feb, where I put it away for a couple of weeks and when it retuned, it cried, uncontrollably. :D
do not mind them, once that bobo returned we had to play SA on PK and then lose the final. bobo nah bad luck. I am glad the YAK has a name for all of them , "RATS" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yak know them well well. :lol: :lol:

But man...my brother, sometimes, I look back and I blame myself. I should have kept it away until the tournament was over.
Last edited by danfo driver on Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:54 am

Yak know them well well. :lol: :lol:

But man...my brother, sometimes, I look back and I blame myself. I should have kept him away until the tournament was over.
That was my punishment for corruption on this forum. Do you see how I tied the legs of your striker and he only scored once in 7 games? I hope you enjoyed losing the final. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Next time don’t encourage corruption :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

What do you think about Arsenal’s position at the top of the table? Come to the Arsenal forum and tell us how you feel about it :laugh: Bring your oga with you but make sure you give him a bath first :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles