AAG - Flying Eagles (1) vs South Sudan (0) - FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: AAG - Flying Eagles vs South Sudan - 1st Half

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:56 pm That was bad football. I dont think I have ever seen a Nigerian youth team play that badly, The referee is crazy. That was an obvious dive. It is crzy lol.
Again, these boys have not been together for more than a few weeks. How do you expect them to play good football like a team?

This is one of the evil that happens in our football. Every youth team is different, every CHAN team is different, every home-based Eagles is different. Each coach just comes in and loads the team with “his boys”. There is zero continuity.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:32 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:56 pm That was bad football. I dont think I have ever seen a Nigerian youth team play that badly, The referee is crazy. That was an obvious dive. It is crzy lol.
Again, these boys have not been together for more than a few weeks. How do you expect them to play good football like a team?

This is one of the evil that happens in our football. Every youth team is different, every CHAN team is different, every home-based Eagles is different. Each coach just comes in and loads the team with “his boys”. There is zero continuity.
Lolly

Given the heavy migration of players, should tgat be unexpected? For youth teams age is no t static as well which means reams should change as well. Unfortunately, circumstances are explanatory here for this situation.

This does not deny other factors but to point to those that are obvious.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:04 am

Lolly

Given the heavy migration of players, should tgat be unexpected? For youth teams age is no t static as well which means reams should change as well. Unfortunately, circumstances are explanatory here for this situation.

The heavy migration does not explain how a coach can select a full 22 man squad of home based players and another coach comes n 2 months later with a whole new set of players.

Also, I am not a fan of our under 20 that does not include any of the 40 or more Under 17s from previous camps. We are talking about just a two year gap.

That is why majority of our U20s are overaged. They would avoid the U17s due to the near perfect MRI scan and suddenly appear as a 16 year old in our U20s. That is criminal.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...some one has said this earlier in another post, and my question was, did the NFA just found out about this games, AAG?
If they are all home based, is it that difficult summon players within the country and camp them in Abuja, Lagos or wherever?
We are damn lazy, deceitful, lying, and cheating. Too much excuse for incompetence.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:04 pm

...some one has said this earlier in another post, and my question was, did the NFA just found out about this games, AAG?
If they are all home based, is it that difficult summon players within the country and camp them in Abuja, Lagos or wherever?
We are damn lazy, deceitful, lying, and cheating. Too much excuse for incompetence.
No be money wey you go use camp dem? NFF basically, will not spend that money. This has been going on now for a few years and thus it is not surprising. The only time that I recall where NFF spent funds to camp lads who are resident in Nigeria goes back to the Stephen Keshi coaching period and the results are there for all of us to see.

When you watch this team and their disjointed football, it is SHOCKING. It really looks like playground football. It appears like these lads have no understanding or ever played with each other for any appreciable length of time. While the coach has blame but the reality is that the NFF has to be blamed as well. How many days ago was screening still going on? Imagine such rubbish. There will be no miracle without hardwork.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:56 am

Lolly

The heavy migration does not explain how a coach can select a full 22 man squad of home based players and another coach comes n 2 months later with a whole new set of players.

Also, I am not a fan of our under 20 that does not include any of the 40 or more Under 17s from previous camps. We are talking about just a two year gap.

That is why majority of our U20s are overaged. They would avoid the U17s due to the near perfect MRI scan and suddenly appear as a 16 year old in our U20s. That is criminal.

Let me help you out here.

Each new coach and the NFF people are not beholden to the agency arrangements behind the previous selection. Some of the old selections might carry over, but he's not bound by it.

It usually means that things "reset".

Yes, there might be those who age out, those who migrate, etc, but the main driving factor for all HB selections is strength of agency representation.

Nigeria stopped scouting like the late Sabara years and years ago...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

txj wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:29 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:56 am

Lolly

Let me help you out here.

Each new coach and the NFF people are not beholden to the agency arrangements behind the previous selection. Some of the old selections might carry over, but he's not bound by it.

It usually means that things "reset".

Yes, there might be those who age out, those who migrate, etc, but the main driving factor for all HB selections is strength of agency representation.

Nigeria stopped scouting like the late Sabara years and years ago...
Bros, I know how it works and so does @Enugu II. That's why I called it "the evil that happens in our football". He is just feigning ignorance about how this thing works.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AAG - Flying Eagles (1) vs South Sudan (0) - FT

Post by Sunset »

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:20 pm
mcal wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:04 pm

No be money wey you go use camp dem? NFF basically, will not spend that money. This has been going on now for a few years and thus it is not surprising. The only time that I recall where NFF spent funds to camp lads who are resident in Nigeria goes back to the Stephen Keshi coaching period and the results are there for all of us to see.

When you watch this team and their disjointed football, it is SHOCKING. It really looks like playground football. It appears like these lads have no understanding or ever played with each other for any appreciable length of time. While the coach has blame but the reality is that the NFF has to be blamed as well. How many days ago was screening still going on? Imagine such rubbish. There will be no miracle without hardwork.
...so our football problem continue to be the administration of it.
When are gonna call for a foreign admin, foreign FA chief, foreign sport minister.
I bet you a lot will be done, and Nigeria might even reach final and win the world cup :biggrin:
Just like we finally got Westorhof in 1990s.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Sunset wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:38 pm
Shocking misses!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Cally wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:17 pm
Sunset wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:38 pm
Shocking misses!
Bo$$o is a clown. Look at the useless strikers he took meanwhile Hafezz Ibrahim that was top scorer at the Viggeio cup was left out. Useless bum a55 coach.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sadiq Isiyaka has been our best player so far IMO being our main creative outlet from the wing. A very interesting spot by Bosso and someone I've monitored in the NPFL where he's having a decent debut season