Why hasn't Maduka Okoye been called up?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pindal123
Egg
Egg
Re: Why hasn't Maduka Okoye been called up?

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:42 pm This is an April Fool’s joke come two weeks early. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I’d like to know your picking order. 🙂
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:15 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:42 pm This is an April Fool’s joke come two weeks early. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I’d like to know your picking order. 🙂
1. Nwabali
2. Okoye
3. Ojo
4. Adeleye
5. Uzoho
These are the only ones I know and to be honest Uzoho is only there because I’ve not seen the others on your list.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:14 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:36 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:25 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:22 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:09 am If our goal is to qualify for the WC and reach the semis, a goalie who starts in a top 5 league is a requirement. You won’t bamboozle top teams with a NPFL goalie. Nwabali,is a top goalie but to match our aspirations he’ll have to move to at least France by the time the WC starts if we qualify. Until then, invited or not, Okoye as of today is our No 1 goalie. Obasogie is good but talent alone is not enough. He needs to move up to be considered. SE should not be for try outs.
Nwabali is our number 1. He doesn't have to move anywhere.
That's the problem. Irrespective of performance he is not going to be recognized except he moves to at least France. :taunt: What he does in training, playing for the SE does not matter.
But he is already recognised, is he not?
Or are you saying he is so good he should be exempt from competition?
By saying he has to move to at least France to meet our aspirations? So competition is moving to at least France?
Maybe you’re not making your point clear?
Because he’s not “in at least France” and he’s currently recognised as no1.
And it has been his performance outside “at least France” that got him there. Not quota. Not by ‘dropping’.

His competition will come from anywhere but right now there is only one Nigerian goalkeeper playing in “at least France”: Okoye - and he has stepped aside for now.
Maybe you should read the initial post that we responded to. I have highlighted the relevant portion for you.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:17 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:14 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:36 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:31 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:25 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:22 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:09 am If our goal is to qualify for the WC and reach the semis, a goalie who starts in a top 5 league is a requirement. You won’t bamboozle top teams with a NPFL goalie. Nwabali,is a top goalie but to match our aspirations he’ll have to move to at least France by the time the WC starts if we qualify. Until then, invited or not, Okoye as of today is our No 1 goalie. Obasogie is good but talent alone is not enough. He needs to move up to be considered. SE should not be for try outs.
Nwabali is our number 1. He doesn't have to move anywhere.
That's the problem. Irrespective of performance he is not going to be recognized except he moves to at least France. :taunt: What he does in training, playing for the SE does not matter.
But he is already recognised, is he not?
Or are you saying he is so good he should be exempt from competition?
By saying he has to move to at least France to meet our aspirations? So competition is moving to at least France?
Maybe you’re not making your point clear?
Because he’s not “in at least France” and he’s currently recognised as no1.
And it has been his performance outside “at least France” that got him there. Not quota. Not by ‘dropping’.

His competition will come from anywhere but right now there is only one Nigerian goalkeeper playing in “at least France”: Okoye - and he has stepped aside for now.
Maybe you should read the initial post that we responded to. I have highlighted the relevant portion for you.
Okay. My bad
I didn’t catch the irony in your statement. :oops:
My comments shoulda been directed at Kongi.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "