"FULL LIST": All the top coaches who applied for Super Eagles job

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
"FULL LIST": All the top coaches who applied for Super Eagles job

Post by Next »

FULL LIST: All the top coaches who applied for Super Eagles job, including banned Siasia, controversial Yusuf

https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/full-list- ... yusuf.html
At least ten candidates submitted their applications indicating their interest for the vacant Super Eagles head coach job to the Nigeria Football Federation before deadline day on Tuesday, 12 March 2024, Soccernet.ng reports.

The NFF last week called for applications to fill the position of the Super Eagles head coach following the departure of Portuguese tactician Jose Peseiro.

Peseiro led the Nigerian national team to the runner-up spot at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire.

However, despite showing interest in continuing in the role, he could not reach a contractual agreement with the NFF.

Several top coaches are jostling to succeed Peseiro, including one European.

Former Barcelona winger Emmanuel Amunike tops the list, as he is among the first to submit his application.

Amunike is banking on his excellent playing and coaching career that saw him win the gold medal at the 1994 AFCON and the 1996 Olympic Games before leading the Golden Eaglets to glory at the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

The former Zamalek star also helped Tanzania qualify for the 2019 AFCON, the country’s first appearance at the tournament since 1980.

Also confirmed to have submitted their applications are the current United States U19 team coach, Michael Nsien, and former Super Eagles assistant coach Sylvanus Okpala.

Former Tirana FC handler Ndubuisi Egbo, the first Nigerian coach to win a league title in Europe in the 2019/20 season in Albania, is also interested, as well as former Super Eagles assistant coach Daniel Amokachi.

Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh is believed to have also confirmed his interest in the vacant position.

Former Cameroon national team head coach Antonio Conceicao, who guided the Indomitable Lions to a third-place finish at the 2021 AFCON, is also in the mix.

George Finidi, who guided Enyimba FC to the league title last year before serving as assistant to Peseiro at AFCON 2023, has also shown interest in becoming the next Super Eagles boss.

Interestingly, the controversial duo of Samson Siasia and Salisu Yusuf have also thrown their hats in the ring.

Siasia is currently banned by FIFA from all football-related activities after being caught in the middle of a match-fixing investigation, which found him guilty of bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches.

The ban on the former Nantes striker will be lifted in August, and he hopes the NFF will pause the appointment of the new coach until then.

Salisu Yusuf is a former chief coach of the Nigeria national football team with an impressive record of winning the NPFL in 2008 and the FA Cup twice.

However, his record was tainted in 2018 when he was fingered in bribery allegations involving CHAN Super Eagles players.

The NFF is expected to name the new Super Eagles head coach in April.
LIST OF INTERESTED CANDIDATES

1. Michael Nsien
2. Sylvanus Okpala
3. Samson Siasia
4. Daniel Amokachi
5. Ndubuisi Egbo
6. Salisu Yusuf
7. Antonio Conceicao
8. Emmanuel Amunike
9. Sunday Oliseh
10. Finidi George
But according to "OWNGOAL" a total of 115 candidates have applied for the job(if you want to believe that)!!
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: "FULL LIST": All the top coaches who applied for Super Eagles job

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I bet some CE applied for the job.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Could you change you title to "SEARCH FOR SUPER EAGLES COACH" so we can use this thread to discuss that? Thanks! Right now, we have multiple threads named after several coaches. So, not sure there is one place focused to discuss.

The ex-Angolan coach (Pedro Gonçalves) was rumored to have applied. If thats the case, my preferences are presently in this order:

Ndubuisi Egbo
Pedro Gonçalves
Antonio Conceicao
Sunday Oliseh
Michael Nsien
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Next wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:40 pm FULL LIST: All the top coaches who applied for Super Eagles job, including banned Siasia, controversial Yusuf

https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/full-list- ... yusuf.html
At least ten candidates submitted their applications indicating their interest for the vacant Super Eagles head coach job to the Nigeria Football Federation before deadline day on Tuesday, 12 March 2024, Soccernet.ng reports.

The NFF last week called for applications to fill the position of the Super Eagles head coach following the departure of Portuguese tactician Jose Peseiro.

Peseiro led the Nigerian national team to the runner-up spot at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations in Cote d’Ivoire.

However, despite showing interest in continuing in the role, he could not reach a contractual agreement with the NFF.

Several top coaches are jostling to succeed Peseiro, including one European.

Former Barcelona winger Emmanuel Amunike tops the list, as he is among the first to submit his application.

Amunike is banking on his excellent playing and coaching career that saw him win the gold medal at the 1994 AFCON and the 1996 Olympic Games before leading the Golden Eaglets to glory at the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

The former Zamalek star also helped Tanzania qualify for the 2019 AFCON, the country’s first appearance at the tournament since 1980.

Also confirmed to have submitted their applications are the current United States U19 team coach, Michael Nsien, and former Super Eagles assistant coach Sylvanus Okpala.

Former Tirana FC handler Ndubuisi Egbo, the first Nigerian coach to win a league title in Europe in the 2019/20 season in Albania, is also interested, as well as former Super Eagles assistant coach Daniel Amokachi.

Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh is believed to have also confirmed his interest in the vacant position.

Former Cameroon national team head coach Antonio Conceicao, who guided the Indomitable Lions to a third-place finish at the 2021 AFCON, is also in the mix.

George Finidi, who guided Enyimba FC to the league title last year before serving as assistant to Peseiro at AFCON 2023, has also shown interest in becoming the next Super Eagles boss.

Interestingly, the controversial duo of Samson Siasia and Salisu Yusuf have also thrown their hats in the ring.

Siasia is currently banned by FIFA from all football-related activities after being caught in the middle of a match-fixing investigation, which found him guilty of bribes in relation to the manipulation of matches.

The ban on the former Nantes striker will be lifted in August, and he hopes the NFF will pause the appointment of the new coach until then.

Salisu Yusuf is a former chief coach of the Nigeria national football team with an impressive record of winning the NPFL in 2008 and the FA Cup twice.

However, his record was tainted in 2018 when he was fingered in bribery allegations involving CHAN Super Eagles players.

The NFF is expected to name the new Super Eagles head coach in April.
LIST OF INTERESTED CANDIDATES

1. Michael Nsien
2. Sylvanus Okpala
3. Samson Siasia
4. Daniel Amokachi
5. Ndubuisi Egbo
6. Salisu Yusuf
7. Antonio Conceicao
8. Emmanuel Amunike
9. Sunday Oliseh
10. Finidi George
But according to "OWNGOAL" a total of 115 candidates have applied for the job(if you want to believe that)!!

Sorry, I'm still searching for the list of "top coaches"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The audacity of Salisu Yusuf to apply, the absolute focking audacity.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:09 pm The audacity of Salisu Yusuf to apply, the absolute focking audacity.
You don't get it. $ali$u ain't stupid. He knows he can't get the job but he'll have a better chance to be an assistant coach if he applies for the job.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:36 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:09 pm The audacity of Salisu Yusuf to apply, the absolute focking audacity.
You don't get it. $ali$u ain't stupid. He knows he can't get the job but he'll have a better chance to be an assistant coach if he applies for the job.
Na so we see am o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

Going by reports, the
New Super Eagles coach appoints his assistants
:
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/new-super-e ... ssistants/.
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

I have bills to pay nau, 😅
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 pm I bet some CE applied for the job.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If true only one foreigner out of 10 applied. That Siasia one can't be true. But I would like the NFF to also hire new U23, U!7 and U20 coaches. So it makes sense for Siasia to apply. If he doesn't get the job. They can consider him for other roles.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Too soon for Siasia. He should ese his way back. Maybe start with the U20 team and a local club side. Siasia is a good coach. My top 4 contenders from the list.

1. Finidi George.
2. Emanuel Amuneke.
3. Egbo
4. Sunday Oliseh

Any one of them will do.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Next wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:45 pm
Going by reports, the
New Super Eagles coach appoints his assistants
:
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/new-super-e ... ssistants/.
Yes. Those on the list will also be considered especially if the coach is local.
Make dem kuku finish us by appointing $ia$ia as coach and $ali$u as top assistant.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Correct! He has the right to apply if he has paid his dues. Would I hire him? No! The interesting part is that you know he is corrupt. My point is that they're other corrupt foreign ones that you don't know. They don't write it on their heads. More especially the unknown ones. Which foreign coach that respects his integrity will want to work in that kind of situation unless they're dirty themselves and want to get paid?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

So NFF plans to unveil/hire a coach in April after wasting the friendlies in March. What kind of logic is that? So what is the usefulness of the March friendlies if you dont have the coach who would oversea the WC qualifiers in place before the March friendlies? The insanity of these people is unbelievable. So a new coach will make their debute in a must-win worldcup qualifier against a continental rival who have a settled coach who has been planning for this match all long.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Goalgetter wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:46 am So NFF plans to unveil/hire a coach in April after wasting the friendlies in March. What kind of logic is that? So what is the usefulness of the March friendlies if you dont have the coach who would oversea the WC qualifiers in place before the March friendlies? The insanity of these people is unbelievable. So a new coach will make their debute in a must-win worldcup qualifier against a continental rival who have a settled coach who has been planning for this match all long.
They don't want to pay a coach until May or June. That is why they are delaying th process. Also want to control the player selection.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The NFF should stop wasteIng time and hire a new coach already. Top 4, Egbo, Angola coach, Ammunike and Fmr Cameroon coach. Personally i will go with the Angola coach. The coach should be appointed b4 our march friendlies.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:52 pm I bet some CE applied for the job.
I did apply for the job. @Emir you should have applied as well !
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:04 am
Correct! He has the right to apply if he has paid his dues. Would I hire him? No! The interesting part is that you know he is corrupt. My point is that they're other corrupt foreign ones that you don't know. They don't write it on their heads. More especially the unknown ones. Which foreign coach that respects his integrity will want to work in that kind of situation unless they're dirty themselves and want to get paid?
Correct. As far as I know, he is not banned for life. He still has to work. The onus is simply on the NFF.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

onovo wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:23 am
I did apply for the job. @Emir you should have applied as well !
I was looking for Ayo Akinfe because I know he would dazzle them in the interview with ten point power point presentation 😂 😂
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:45 pm
After listening to him, phewwww!!! I can confidently say that he has a big problem!! Huge problem! He is intelligent, knowledgeable, sounds refined, too honest and seems like someone who has a plan. NFF and Nigeria HATES people like this. They are going to be completely put off by him during the interview. How are they going to get him to invite the payers they need in order to continue to steal match bonuses? He doesnt give up the Salisu, Siasia, **** and Peseiro crooked vibes. He doesnt sound incoherent like the typical coach that we hire, with the 4-4-2, finidi! Amuneke! wing play wing play nonsense! Good luck to him. I'd suggest he tries to dummmmb himself down during the interview and say foolish things like "football is football! we are capable..." "Wing play!" "I will do what I can do" "

it is well.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

from this interview, he's not a Yes for me. he seems to be lacking something that Stephen Keshi had in abundance. he's lacking the self belief that nigerians are plenty good enough at the world stage. He comes across like he has internalized "inferiority of nigerian soccer at the world stage". Same problem Rohr had. But even worse than than Rohr, there seems to be some internalized racism in the way he thinks. Nigerian "should play attacking dominating football athe Africa stage, but should then be flexible at the world stage" That tells you a lot of what he things of African teams, and what he thinks of Nigeria at the world stage.
If you dont believe in yourself. no-one will. If you don't genuinely believe in your heart that Nigeria should be able to go toe to toe with any fotballing nation, the SE job shouldnt be for you. For all his flaws. Having swagger in being Nigerian and confident in his lads and craft (not technical competence) is what made keshi succsessful as a coach. Nigeria does not need a coach that defeats himself before match even starts.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

amafolas wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:49 pm
from this interview, he's not a Yes for me. he seems to be lacking something that Stephen Keshi had in abundance. he's lacking the self belief that nigerians are plenty good enough at the world stage. He comes across like he has internalized "inferiority of nigerian soccer at the world stage". Same problem Rohr had. But even worse than than Rohr, there seems to be some internalized racism in the way he thinks. Nigerian "should play attacking dominating football athe Africa stage, but should then be flexible at the world stage" That tells you a lot of what he things of African teams, and what he thinks of Nigeria at the world stage.
If you dont believe in yourself. no-one will. If you don't genuinely believe in your heart that Nigeria should be able to go toe to toe with any fotballing nation, the SE job shouldnt be for you. For all his flaws. Having swagger in being Nigerian and confident in his lads and craft (not technical competence) is what made keshi succsessful as a coach. Nigeria does not need a coach that defeats himself before match even starts.
He doesn’t come across to me that way at all.
I hear someone who wants to come across as being honest and realistic.
I’m not saying he’s The Man, but I don’t feel what you are feeling.

They should interview Finidi and Amuneke for comparison.
I don’t think they will be any less realistic.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "