Did Eze make a mistake ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Did Eze make a mistake ?

Post by Dammy »

It’s a shame because he’s better than Cole Palmer or Gordon but it is what it is
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I spoke with my contact at the NFF, who had a chat with Eguavoen about Adarabioyo, and Egu confirmed that Tosin is not interested in playing for Nigeria. He further said that he’s only using Nigeria to garner interest from England.
Anyone of these boys interested in playing for us should reach out, we should stop chasing after them
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:30 am I spoke with my contact at the NFF, who had a chat with Eguavoen about Adarabioyo, and Egu confirmed that Tosin is not interested in playing for Nigeria. He further said that he’s only using Nigeria to garner interest from England.
Anyone of these boys interested in playing for us should reach out, we should stop chasing after them
So that’s what the envelope was all about. Omo jati jati trying to use us to shine with England. E Dey crase?Does he know Nigeria is the king of flossing? Mscheeeew.. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:30 am I spoke with my contact at the NFF, who had a chat with Eguavoen about Adarabioyo, and Egu confirmed that Tosin is not interested in playing for Nigeria. He further said that he’s only using Nigeria to garner interest from England.
Tosin and his agent brother are delusional. Good luck to them.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ANC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:36 am
danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:26 am
ANC wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:11 am So he cannot switch anymore?
He is forever aligned like the continuous weeping Nedum Onuoha. He is a King's man! to be exact, his majesty, the King's secret servant. :lol:

Good luck to him. I hope he makes the World Cup team!
He’s not making the World Cup squad unless he signs for Arsenal,Spurs,United etc any English 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 player that plays in the same position at a better club than Palace will always be picked in front of him.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

According to the new FIFA eligibility rules, he can still switch but do we want a player who is only picking Nigeria because his first option did not want him?
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

He will be fine. He's a good player. I am sure he has no regrets and can still get caps in the future
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

iworo wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:06 pm Real Madrid's Diaz to represent Morocco

Real Madrid winger Brahim Diaz was on Wednesday named in Morocco's squad after deciding to represent the North African team rather than Spain.

Diaz was included in Walid Regragui's 24-man roster for the matches against Angola and Mauritania this month, the Moroccan Football Federation said in a statement.

The 24-year-old represented Spain in one game and scored against Lithuania in 2021.

FIFA rules say players can switch international allegiance as long as they have made fewer than three appearances for a country before the age of 21 and have not played for that nation for at least three years.

Former AC Milan winger Diaz has produced fine displays with Real Madrid far this season, scoring eight goals in 32 games in all competitions.

https://www.reuters.com/sports/soccer/r ... 024-03-13/
If i'm not wrong: since these are only friendlies, even if he is capped, he could still represent Spain in the future.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Eberechi Eze made a HUGE mistake: he could be our AM, our n.10, our star. Now he is just a forgotten man. He can't anymore switch nationality for FIFA rules.

Tosin Adarabioyo also made a mistake, he could be a starter in our defence, but he will never be enough good for England. He can still represent Nigeria, but time passes for everybody.

Noni Madueke has never considered to play for Super Eagles. He would be very useful in our team. He is still 22 years old, and if he decides to play for us, he must make the switch as soon as possible.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Akure4Life wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:36 am

According to the new FIFA eligibility rules, he can still switch but do we want a player who is only picking Nigeria because his first option did not want him?
It’s like asking whether a student who gets his second JAMB choice and not his first will apply himself in his second choice university. Or like a footballer not giving his all playing against his boyhood club.
It doesn’t work the way you are thinking.
If he is so opposed to playing for a country - or even a club for that matter - he won’t sign in the first place.

Eze is holding out for his first choice; what he rightly or wrongly considers his best career option.
Unfortunately, it might be the wrong one. It’s not that he - or any other - hates Nigeria.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

You guys are funny! Eze said he cried for joy when he received his first invite for England, what exactly does that tell you? His heart is for England, period!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:46 am You guys are funny! Eze said he cried for joy when he received his first invite for England, what exactly does that tell you? His heart is for England, period!
Gochino, what exactly does this mean and why does it have to be a black and white matter?
It’s just a major career milestone. Finish. It tells him he is as good as he is said to be. Recognition.
You can read more into that singular act if you want, but so can anybody.

So, for example, when a Nigerian in Naija receives their US or UK visitor’s visa and cries for joy, it can only mean one thing - that their ‘heart is for the US’? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

People cry for joy for all sorts of complex reasons. For all you know, maybe he had begun to doubt himself. Who knows?

Anyway, let’s forget Eze. We have other fish to fry: Akinsanmiro and Eletu for starters…
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:38 pm
gochino wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:46 am You guys are funny! Eze said he cried for joy when he received his first invite for England, what exactly does that tell you? His heart is for England, period!
Gochino, what exactly does this mean and why does it have to be a black and white matter?
It’s just a major career milestone. Finish. It tells him he is as good as he is said to be. Recognition.

So, for example, when a Nigerian in Naija receives their US or UK visitor’s visa and cries for joy, it can only mean one thing - that their ‘heart is for the US’? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

People cry for joy for all sorts of complex reasons. For all you know, maybe he had begun to doubt himself. Who knows?

Anyway, let’s forget Eze. We have other fish to fry: Akinsanmiro and Eletu for starters…
So if you have two wives,would you love them equally? Abeg talk true...This is equivalent to toasting or stalking a woman that is madly in love with another man.Skill is just one thing but so many other factors are involved, we want passionate players! When a player says his childhood ambition is to play for England and also shows this emotionally by crying, then we are better off investing that energy in grooming players like Eletu and co
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:03 pm

So if you have two wives,would you love them equally? Abeg talk true... This is equivalent to toasting or stalking a woman that is madly in love with another man.Skill is just one thing but so many other factors are involved, we want passionate players! When a player says his childhood ambition is to play for England and also shows this emotionally by crying, then we are better off investing that energy in grooming players like Eletu and co
Good question and worthy of a thread of its own.
But honestly? I don’t see why not.
The question for me is exactly the same as ‘if you have two children, would you love them equally?’.
It’s a no-brainer.
It might be different for you though.

Generally I think you are milking that ‘cried for joy’ statement to the max.
Great, but it’s really not that deep.

I’m only aware of TWO Super Eagles players that have cried when reflecting on their SE experience:
1. Sunday Mba when describing how his life was about to change after scoring the AFCON 2014 winning goal.
2. Leon Balogun when describing the overwhelming emotions of connecting with his ‘lost’ roots by playing for the SE.

There might be more but these are the two that readily come to mind.

Does this mean that these two are more passionate and committed than all the other non-crying SE players?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He is forever aligned like the continuous weeping Nedum Onuoha. He is a King's man! to be exact, his majesty, the King's secret servant. :lol:

Its like a Prince who is 20th in line to the throne. He'd have to execute 19 people to get his oppotunity. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: World Cup ko, World Plate ni :lol: :lol:

In a few years, he will start giving interviews around the whole place like Nedumb-a55 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:20 am Eberechi Eze made a HUGE mistake: he could be our AM, our n.10, our star. Now he is just a forgotten man. He can't anymore switch nationality for FIFA rules.

Tosin Adarabioyo also made a mistake, he could be a starter in our defence, but he will never be enough good for England. He can still represent Nigeria, but time passes for everybody.

Noni Madueke has never considered to play for Super Eagles. He would be very useful in our team. He is still 22 years old, and if he decides to play for us, he must make the switch as soon as possible.
The way we speak authoritatively about decisions that people we know little about make is funny. They've made their choice. Let us respect their decisions and move on!

There is no guarantee if they decide to play for Nigeria. They could have had a career ending injury. Vancity Eagle could wished them dead by now. :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:35 pm Eze, Per the new FIFA rule, he still has the chance now to switch since he only played one competitive game for England.
According ti FIFA rules a player can change nationality if he played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior turning 21.
Eze was over 21 when he was capped for England, so he doesn’t have anymore the chance to switch.
Am i right or is there anything I don’t know?
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:11 pm
naijaguy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:35 pm Eze, Per the new FIFA rule, he still has the chance now to switch since he only played one competitive game for England.
According ti FIFA rules a player can change nationality if he played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior turning 21.
Eze was over 21 when he was capped for England, so he doesn’t have anymore the chance to switch.
You are correct. I stated this subsequently above.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I think there might be some ambiguity on whether the game was a competitive one or a friendly.
I’m not sure myself, but I’ve heard the game status brought up a few times in the past.

The FIFA statutes repeatedly talk about ‘official competitions’ and define it thus:
‘The phrase “official competition” is defined in the FIFA statutes as “a competition for representative teams organised by FIFA or any confederation”.’

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/ccab990ab ... mi-pdf.pdf
Is a friendly an official competition?
Eze has only played in a friendly as far as I know.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:32 pm
I think there might be some ambiguity on whether the game was a competitive one or a friendly.
I’m not sure myself, but I’ve heard the game status brought up a few times in the past.
Eze has two caps for England:

- one is a friendly match against Australia (13/10/2023), which is isn’t a competitive match. This cap doesn’t affect the chance to play for another country.
- one is an euro 2024 qualifier match against Malta (16/06/2023), which is definitely a competitive match. This cap makes Eze not anymore elegible to play for Nigeria.

So i still don’t understand why people say that he can still switch nationality and play for Super Egles.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pindal123 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:26 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:32 pm
Eze has two caps for England:

- one is a friendly match against Australia (13/10/2023), which is isn’t a competitive match. This cap doesn’t affect the chance to play for another country.
- one is an euro 2024 qualifier match against Malta (16/06/2023), which is definitely a competitive match. This cap makes Eze not anymore elegible to play for Nigeria.

So i still don’t understand why people say that he can still switch nationality and play for Super Egles.
Absolutely.
Thanks. I didn’t know this.
“Delete”. :thumb:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Chances are he won’t.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ayo Aina’s dad cried throughout in the stadium when his son turned up for England U17s. Today the man is one of the SEs biggest fans seeing his son wear the green white green.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."