Iwobi is GOOD

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Iwobi is GOOD

Post by Tobi17 »

Check out his beautiful run that leads to Fulhams second goal, the bobo has finally found his place in Fulham

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/?f=flai ... 22Media%22
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi is GOOD

Post by Tobi17 »

Bassey and Iwobi are GOOOOD!

BASSEY with an assist for goal #3, Tottenham are getting cooked
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 pm Bassey and Iwobi are GOOOOD!

Iwobi and Bassey no even look goalscorer.
Na two of them dey hug each other.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:59 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 pm Bassey and Iwobi are GOOOOD!

Iwobi and Bassey no even look goalscorer.
Na two of them dey hug each other.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To be fair that goal was all Bassey, his well taken shot cannoned off the bar and was going in before the tap in :rotf:
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

I watched the game. Iwobi has matured so much. He can play from anywhere on the pitch. The old Iwobi would gas out in 45 mins, but this new Iwobi runs straight for 90 mins. He gives splitting passes that confused opposing defenders.

Bassey is very solid. He hit the crossbar with a powerful shot that let to the third goal.

Tosin was good as well. Nonetheless, if he believes that he will ever play for England, then he must be a dreamer. The earlier he turned up for the SE, the better for him.
Having him with Bassey in the heart of SE defence will send shivers down the spine of opposing strikers.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigerians were bullying him on social media. Peseiro miss used him at Afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Is it possible Spurs are crap! They were playing Spurs! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm Check out his beautiful run that leads to Fulhams second goal, the bobo has finally found his place in Fulham

Iwobi has always been good. Very intelligent player and can always lay a pass. That's why Marco got him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abeg lets move on from iwobi abeg. We’re losing good MF like Folorunsho, Chukwemeka,and Uzochukwu to other Nations and we’re here celebrating Iwobi. We’ve seen him at the WC and 3 Afcons. He is what he is, a good player but it’s time we replace him in MF or at least have better options. Iwobi is not going to win us anything, he’s not a game changer though his contributions are worthy. Iwobi, Ndidi, Yusuf and Onyeka, na which cut u wan win with that MF? Abeg.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:34 am Abeg lets move on from iwobi abeg. We’re losing good MF like Folorunsho, Chukwemeka,and Uzochukwu to other Nations and we’re here celebrating Iwobi. We’ve seen him at the WC and 3 Afcons. He is what he is, a good player but it’s time we replace him in MF or at least have better options. Iwobi is not going to win us anything, he’s not a game changer though his contributions are worthy. Iwobi, Ndidi, Yusuf and Onyeka, na which cut u wan win with that MF? Abeg.
I think Iwobi is a late bloomer, we're only seeing the best of him at the later stage of his career...also he has been faced with mixed fortunes at all 3 Afcons he has been to...remember he had a breakout AFCON debut in 2019 with his goal sending us into the Semi-finals.
Peseiro played him out of position in the recent one.

But I do agree we need to start rebuilding that midfield.

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru (need to see more of him)
Ifeanyi Matthew (baller)
Ibrahim Olawoyin (baller)
Ugochukwu (he is having a reality check)
Chukwuemeka (reality will soon hit him)
Micheal Olise (now considering Nigeria if France doesn't pick him...well I have bad news for him).

All these players are the foundation of our future midfield ideally speaking if we qualify for the next world cup.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Iwobi player VERY well today. From clearances in defence to forward to play making . Our coach should use him well
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:01 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:34 am Abeg lets move on from iwobi abeg. We’re losing good MF like Folorunsho, Chukwemeka,and Uzochukwu to other Nations and we’re here celebrating Iwobi. We’ve seen him at the WC and 3 Afcons. He is what he is, a good player but it’s time we replace him in MF or at least have better options. Iwobi is not going to win us anything, he’s not a game changer though his contributions are worthy. Iwobi, Ndidi, Yusuf and Onyeka, na which cut u wan win with that MF? Abeg.
I think Iwobi is a late bloomer, we're only seeing the best of him at the later stage of his career...also he has been faced with mixed fortunes at all 3 Afcons he has been to...remember he had a breakout AFCON debut in 2019 with his goal sending us into the Semi-finals.
Peseiro played him out of position in the recent one.

But I do agree we need to start rebuilding that midfield.

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru (need to see more of him)
Ifeanyi Matthew (baller)
Ibrahim Olawoyin (baller)
Ugochukwu (he is having a reality check)
Chukwuemeka (reality will soon hit him)
Micheal Olise (now considering Nigeria if France doesn't pick him...well I have bad news for him).

All these players are the foundation of our future midfield ideally speaking if we qualify for the next world cup.
Kpom! Iwobi has been a loyal and dedicated player for Nigeria but if we’re to reach our goals we’ll need replacements asap. I tell you what, if we qualify for the WC and Iwobi is a starter it’ll be a dead giveaway that. Haven’t improved. Due respect to Iwobi but we need alternatives soon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

naijaguy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:26 pm I watched the game. Iwobi has matured so much. He can play from anywhere on the pitch. The old Iwobi would gas out in 45 mins, but this new Iwobi runs straight for 90 mins. He gives splitting passes that confused opposing defenders.

Bassey is very solid. He hit the crossbar with a powerful shot that let to the third goal.

Tosin was good as well. Nonetheless, if he believes that he will ever play for England, then he must be a dreamer. The earlier he turned up for the SE, the better for him.
Having him with Bassey in the heart of SE defence will send shivers down the spine of opposing strikers.
This myth about Iwobi gassing out is quite interesting. At Everton he was known for his stamina.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:55 pm Nigerians were bullying him on social media. Peseiro miss used him at Afcon.
You were one of those bullying him, and disparaging him for being affected by the bullying. Here you are sounding sanctimonious.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

You are a certified serial Iwobi hater. Your views about him are well documented, yet irrelevant. You've wanted to move on from him for years now, so this isn't new. He just played an amazing game today and people are recognizing that, yet this is the nonsense you've come here to type.

Fortunately, you are not, and will never be the coach.

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

icee wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:20 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm Check out his beautiful run that leads to Fulhams second goal, the bobo has finally found his place in Fulham

Iwobi has always been good. Very intelligent player and can always lay a pass. That's why Marco got him.
Just watched the first half of the game and he made a top class decision every time he got a chance to pass. All accurate and progressive passes. His teammates clearly love playing with him. Fulham have become a very dangerous side.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:06 am
naijaguy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:26 pm I watched the game. Iwobi has matured so much. He can play from anywhere on the pitch. The old Iwobi would gas out in 45 mins, but this new Iwobi runs straight for 90 mins. He gives splitting passes that confused opposing defenders.

This myth about Iwobi gassing out is quite interesting. At Everton he was known for his stamina.
I wonder o!
I’ve been scratching my head reading the comments here.
Iwobi’s energy levels suddenly went through the roof at Everton and we were all here wondering weytin dem give am chop.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Fulham fans on their forum believe that the upturn in their performances in the EPL is due to the return of Iwobi and Bassey from AFCON.
That says a lot about both players.
BTW, Bassey was emptying his pockets and Son was found there!😁
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:34 am Fulham fans on their forum believe that the upturn in their performances in the EPL is due to the return of Iwobi and Bassey from AFCON.
That says a lot about both players.
BTW, Bassey was emptying his pockets and Son was found there!😁
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Cally wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:16 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:55 pm Nigerians were bullying him on social media. Peseiro miss used him at Afcon.
You were one of those bullying him, and disparaging him for being affected by the bullying. Here you are sounding sanctimonious.
Please say it again.
He thinks he can be slick and act like a chameleon
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

We need a proper sitdown with Adarabioyo.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:04 am
Chai. This guy is class. We need him.
Just look at how he pings those long range passes with pin-point accuracy; his clean tackles, his close ball control.

Remember how you used to laugh at his ambition?
You see yasef? :rotf:

Let’s just pray England continue to ignore him because as I dey see am, he’s right up there.
Let them keep their McGuire abeg.