Bright Osayi Gives A Fan The Beating of His Life

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bright Osayi Gives A Fan The Beating of His Life

Post by danfo driver »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:58 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:26 pm
Silver-Shadow wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 pm He is looking at a very lengthy ban for this. He will rue the day he lost his cool. Never a good thing to act on emotions in the moment. Easier said than done but something worth mastering IMHO.
When you are done crying, ask for the background story.
That is irrelivant

Cry harder!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I must commend BOS' ground and pound game. Not only did he take the fan down with a tremendous right hook, but he followed up with some stellar mat work on the ground.

Shout out to Batshuayi as well for this attempted roundhouse kick. Clear that Fenerbahce has been giving MMA lessons to its players during training sessions.

Last edited by wiseone on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

This is an open and shut case of self defense, and if the club or federation fines or suspends him, he should lawyer up quickly

There are cases where fans invade a rugby pitch to strike a player or the referee, when other players retaliate to protect the fellow players or referee, this is often commended, obviously there are limits to self defence but in this case above, I dont see anything over and beyond the necessary

It is sad all round, but the only exception I make to violence is self defence
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

[tweet][/tweet]
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:17 pm He’s going to be suspended for a long time likely for the rest of the season. Thats not the way to act. Hes likely out of the WCQ.
"That's not the way to act yen yen yen".
It's people like you that will be quick to open a "RIP Bright Osayi" topic if the useless fans had killed him.
Did you see the spear-like weapon some of them attacked the players with?
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:38 am
Silver-Shadow wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 pm He is looking at a very lengthy ban for this. He will rue the day he lost his cool. Never a good thing to act on emotions in the moment. Easier said than done but something worth mastering IMHO.
That is irrelivant

Cry harder!
Duchbag - Violence begets more violence, ask the Palestinians and Israelis.
No Escape
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

And possibly conviction for assault. This is going to be messy.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:02 am
In hindsight, I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion. It is possible the fan attacked him first which is not in any of the videos posted here. If that’s the case, then he is justified in defending himself. I pray for his well-being and safety going forward. Turkish fans are crazy.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
MAIDABOI
Egg
Egg

Post by MAIDABOI »

Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:10 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:02 am
In hindsight, I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion. It is possible the fan attacked him first which is not in any of the videos posted here. If that’s the case, then he is justified in defending himself. I pray for his well-being and safety going forward. Turkish fans are crazy.
if I am him I will be looking for a transfer
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Totally disgraceful scenes in Turkey.
I hope the club provides extra security for these players
in the aftermath of this madness. The fans are a total
disgrace. There is no place for this kind of behavior.
Everyone enjoys the passion of the moment but no player
should have their space threatened by invading thugs.
Hope that club is sanctioned severely.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:57 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:38 am
That is irrelivant

Cry harder!
Duchbag - Violence begets more violence, ask the Palestinians and Israelis.
I am not dutch and I am not carrying a bag. Keep crying! wah wah wahhhhhh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

This is a tricky one. I think that if he is banned, he has a good case for an appeal. His life was theoretically at risk. But I can also see the case for banning him
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

olumide wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:11 pm Crazy scenes overall.

Osayi with second best right hand thrown by a Nigerian this month (shout to Femi)

Livakovic was punched in the face

Batshuayi roundhouse kicked one fan:

A Trabzonspor fan attacked a Fenerbache player with the corner flag:

Dayum! :woot: :woot: That right was technically sound! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

wiseone wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:52 am I must commend BOS' ground and pound game. Not only did he take the fan down with a tremendous right hook, but he followed up with some stellar mat work on the ground.

Shout out to Batshuayi as well for this attempted roundhouse kick. Clear that Fenerbahce has been giving MMA lessons to its players during training sessions.

This is why you are advised never to skip leg day in the gym. Batshuayi clearly does not skip leg day.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

That right hook sha! :lol: Definitely the physical reenactment of when I took something out of here decisively and it wept and wept, crying up and down. :D

You need to be decisive and tough when you deal with things like this! :D
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Man was attacked on the field of play.
He did not go into the stands.
A fan ran onto the pitch and attacked him.
Where was security?
That site should either be banned from hosting games or host games without fans.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Should FIFA or UEFA show interest, the mood most certainly won’t be his namesake. If the Turkish FA are left to manage their own affairs, at worst he’ll be given a slap across the wrists by Gulan whilst be force-fed her Turkish delights. Plump and plentiful. As for Istanbul, key to the city and a public holiday.

Well versed in Turkish hospitality (Lara Burut collection highly recommended, ask for Mehmet at reception, which one? Exactly!).

Turkey is fantastically corrupt and its Super Liga gives a Nigerian local government a run for its embezzled money. Almost all clubs are mafia enterprises, the pitch invaders will most likely cease posting on socials after a random, out of character rant about the ills of Instagram et al and their personal carbon footprint crusade.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Reminds me of when someone on this forum thought I would allow his k-legged blanks firing striker to take home the AFCON. :rotf: To punish the typical Nigerian bias and corruption instigated on this forum and celebrated by this someone, I allowed them to take a 1-0 lead at halftime, and then I took it all away! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Said someone has been avoiding the Arsenal forum for 10 straight days! :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:02 am And possibly conviction for assault. This is going to be messy.
There'll be no conviction.
Stop being dramatic.

Las las, he'll get a fine.

Football players been getting into scraps on the pitch since days of old. Nothing new.

People should be asking how the attacker got that far to begin with
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

kendo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:09 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:02 am And possibly conviction for assault. This is going to be messy.
There'll be no conviction.
Stop being dramatic.

Las las, he'll get a fine.

Football players been getting into scraps on the pitch since days of old. Nothing new.

People should be asking how the attacker got that far to begin with
Read and comprehend, and stop being dramatic. I said possibly.

The case below was just over a year ago.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 45853.html
Assault charge footballer tells court he hopped over fan to protect injured foot

Matthew Cooper
Thursday 15 December 2022 13:09 GMT

Sheffield United star Oli McBurnie has denied stamping on a pitch-invading fan, claiming he hopped over the alleged victim to protect his injured foot.

Prosecutors allege the 26-year-old Scotland striker suffered “a loss of temper and control” and twice stamped on Nottingham Forest supporter George Brinkley after United’s Championship play-off semi-final defeat in May.

Mr Brinkley, 27, told a court on Wednesday that he was singled out among hundreds of fans on the pitch at the City Ground and attacked, after telling the star: “You’re $#% at football.”

A social media video of the incident, which went viral, has been played to McBurnie’s trial, which prosecutors allege shows stamping motions.

Giving evidence in his defence at Nottingham Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, the player said he was wearing a protective boot at the time of the incident, after spending six weeks out injured with three broken metatarsal bones and a torn ligament.

McBurnie, of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, told the court: “About a week before I was allowed to start putting pressure back on to that foot.

“It was like learning to walk again a little bit.”

Describing the pitch invasion as “manic to say the least”, McBurnie denied being angry after United’s penalty shoot-out defeat.

“It was more consolement with the rest of the boys,” he said.

I was just concerned for me and my mates. There was a lot of people on the pitch. I just wanted to get my teammates and friends back into the tunnel to safety

Explaining why he went towards Mr Brinkley, McBurnie said he was going to the aid of teammate Rhian Brewster, after seeing Blades captain Billy Sharp falling to the floor with a man in a yellow shirt running away from him.

The court has heard a Forest season ticket-holder, aged 30, was handed a 24-week jail sentence two days after he head-butted Sharp, causing an injury to his mouth.

McBurnie told the district judge who was trying his case: “When I saw Billy go down the initial reaction is shock.

“It was kind of hard to believe.

“Literally seconds later I have turned round and I see kind of another melee – what I thought was another one of the players being attacked.

“I was just concerned for me and my mates. There was a lot of people on the pitch. I just wanted to get my teammates and friends back into the tunnel to safety.”

I was using my arms for balance - it was kind of a hopping motion. It's hard to get your balance with so many people and obstacles in the way

Asked by his barrister, Lisa Judge, what he was doing during the alleged assault, McBurnie answered: “Trying to find my balance. I am trying my best to stay out of his way.

“Literally there is no space. There is nowhere else for me to go but to the right-hand side. My left foot is on the floor within his two legs.

“I was using my arms for balance – it was kind of a hopping motion. It’s hard to get your balance with so many people and obstacles in the way.”

At the time of the incident, McBurnie said he thought there was “zero contact” with Mr Brinkley.

McBurnie also denied squirting water at Forest fans sitting near the dug-out, and said comments from home fans were aimed at injured United players and other club staff up to 40 times during the match.

I had just been out injured for six weeks with one of the worst injuries of my life. If you think I would risk making it worse over a fan then you don't know me very well

Mr Brinkley’s claim the alleged stamping was a response to earlier banter was “not what happened at all,” McBurnie said.

Asked if he took exception to being called a “$#% footballer”, McBurnie asserted: “It goes with the territory, I guess. I am kind of used to it by now.”

During cross-examination from prosecutor Simon Jones, Leeds-born McBurnie added: “Being a footballer, you get told all the time that you are not very good at things.

“It’s just normal. You just get on with your day.”

Asked by Mr Jones if he assaulted Mr Brinkley in a “red mist”, McBurnie told the prosecutor: “I had just been out injured for six weeks with one of the worst injuries of my life.

“If you think I would risk making it worse over a fan then you don’t know me very well. I am a nice guy and I take my career very seriously.”

McBurnie denies a single charge of assault by beating. The trial continues.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Extended highlights on Skysports News. Hundreds descended upon the pitch and the Bahce boys scarpered. Wise to do so. Had he or any of them stayed on the pitch any longer, it could’ve been a tragedy. Two words. Türkiye. They love it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Counsel: "Your honor, in Preston v. Garfunkle, the Norwegian Supreme Court held that. . ."

Judge: "Counsel, let me cut you off there. Why are you citing a Norwegian case?"

Counsel: "Quite reasonably your honor! The Preston case and this matter share similar facts."

Judge: "Counsel, we are in Scotland. What does a Norwegian case have to do with Scottish laws?"

Counsel: :blink:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:18 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:28 pm

Counsel: "Your honor, in Preston v. Garfunkle, the Norwegian Supreme Court held that. . ."

Judge: "Counsel, let me cut you off there. Why are you citing a Norwegian case?"

Counsel: "Quite reasonably your honor! The Preston case and this matter share similar facts."

Judge: "Counsel, we are in Scotland. What does a Norwegian case have to do with Scottish laws?"

Counsel: :blink:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved