Finidi George Appointed as Nigeria's 🇳🇬 Interim Head Coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Finidi George Appointed as Nigeria's 🇳🇬 Interim Head Coach

Post by 1naija »

Wait until he calls his first set of players, and the same people here starts analyzing the ethnic makeup of the team.

waka-man wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:08 pm This is the best SE news in 10 years. He’s going to be amazing at this.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I hope he hires Joseph Yobo and Vincent Enyeama as his assistant coaches
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Finding George Appointed as Nigeria's 🇳🇬 Interim Head Coach

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:43 pm
danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:25 pm

He was my first choice a few years ago and then he became assistant under the last 3 coaches (correct me if I am wrong, my mind is a bit fuzzy). And the tactics, selection and everything under the last 3 coaches was between average and horrible. I dont know if the last 3 guys told Finidi not to speak or do anything ... in fact, the last guy was boasting about how he listened to Mus and was taking tactical advice from Musa. So, I presume he would also take tactical advice from Finidi. And if thats the case... oh well.
I'm no expert at reading body language, but I just always got the feeling that Finidi was barely given any significant roles, neither were his tactical inputs even solicited as assistant under Pisseiro, you could just tell from camp activities that he always seemed distant and alienated from Pisseiro who was evidently closer to his fellow Portuguese backroom staffs.
He also served under **** and Egu. Did they both keep him at a distance, as well? If they did, why? There is a saying that "if you say the village is an i4i0t, you are the i4i0t. If the Village says you are an i4i0t, you are an i4i0t." If multiple coaches (the village) do not trust you, why? Although the multiple coaches here were very bad coaches.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:28 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:56 pm Finidi got his coaching start at Mallorca, getting his UEFA pro A license and coaching the youth team. What Nigeria need to do is support him. Assembly a good back room staff. Provide resources for scouting and etc. The guy is the ideal candidate. He has won the local league. He is in position to win another league title. He knows the local players. He can assemble a quality CHAN team and also incorporate them to the main national team. You can't become a world class coach if you are not given an opportunity, What did Southgate achieve before he was given the head coaching role of England? Finidi actually achieved more than South gate. Finidi has actually won a trophy unlike Concecao and other foreign mercenaries they are considering. That Concecao will dump Nigeria in 6 months.
Ohenhen1,

The experience stuff is a GATE and little else. It is used to eliminate some. Success in coaching depends on multiple variables. For me, you should not focus on long term experience but on having the basic technical knowledge which a certificate supposedly measures already. The more difficult but yet important variable is not even on any certificate --- it is about leadership and the human relation aspects. Those loom larger for me because they are important discriminators.
EII,

You said it. It’s all about man management🤔❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:15 pm
Agbako wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 pm Give the man the job. Make I start showering blessings on him. This man if mind and spirit is right with integrity. He is a genius on the field of play. He will use that cleverness to give us the World Cup. George biko stand on Integrity. You will win.

For those who don't know him well. He is still regarded as the best Right Winger in the history of AJAX FC
One of the best wingers we've seen over the last 25yrs. My prayer that Finidi will lock Simon, Chukwueze and Lookman in a room with a video and koboko is about to come true. :thumb:
Why didnt he lock them in that room with the video and koboko over the last 3 years? He has been in the same camp with them. What stopped him? Did Peseiro, Egu and **** warn him not to lock them? Did they remove the locks on the doo? And why do you think he will lock them in that room now?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Agbako wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:42 pm Give the man the job. Make I start showering blessings on him. This man if mind and spirit is right with integrity. He is a genius on the field of play. He will use that cleverness to give us the World Cup. George biko stand on Integrity. You will win.

For those who don't know him well. He is still regarded as the best Right Winger in the history of AJAX FC
One of the best wingers we've seen over the last 25yrs. My prayer that Finidi will lock Simon, Chukwueze and Lookman in a room with a video and koboko is about to come true. :thumb:
Oldboy commot Lookman from that equation. Na we get problem with Lookman. We have to get a coach who can actually use him to his full potential. The boy get too much football in hm. Na we deh **** up on how to use him,

Now, as for these two of ya boys Simon and Chukwueze,, especialy Chukwueze.. this boy deh piss me off no be small. This boy get so much talent he do not even know his qualities. Some days he go show up and look like one of the best. Rest time na passanger for field. Both of them need serious koboko for their Yansh I swear.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:39 pm

Why didnt he lock them in that room with the video and koboko over the last 3 years? He has been in the same camp with them. What stopped him? Did Peseiro, Egu and **** warn him not to lock them? Did they remove the locks on the doo? And why do you think he will lock them in that room now?
Sometimes only Oga can koboko the crew. Now that Finidi is the Oga at the top he’ll crack the whip at his discretion.Even cyber rats on type nonsense will get koboko under King George Finidi.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:21 pm I hope he hires Joseph Yobo and Vincent Enyeama as his assistant coaches
I would have said Kanu. :D
But I see what you mean: two of the best SE ever, Yobo and Enyeama :thumbs:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:31 am
1naija wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:21 pm I hope he hires Joseph Yobo and Vincent Enyeama as his assistant coaches
Have u ever seen Kanu or Vince coaching?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:53 am
ANC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:31 am
Have u ever seen Kanu or Vince coaching?
have you ever taken 1naija seriously? :taunt:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

wiseone wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:26 pm
LET'S CONGRATULATE THE NFF FOR TAKING THE CORRECT FIRST STEP, FOR ONCE

Now they should take the correct second step with a strikethrough over the word I N T E R I M.

Meanwhile, if the alleged current "senior" player who reportedly doesn't want a Nigerian coach, I'll gladly show same the way out and try to persuade him never to return.
Bell
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Good news. Better than Eguavoen.

Let’s hope they work out something permanent work him.

Amuneke must be disappointed. He has been in the mix too but it appears Finidi has moved ahead of him in the battle to be SE coach.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 am Good news. Better than Eguavoen.

Amuneke must be disappointed. He has been in the mix too but it appears Finidi has moved ahead of him in the battle to be SE coach.
another phrase for "he has been hanging around." :lol: :lol: make e no go find work.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:51 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:44 pm
Congrats Mr Finidi.
I pray you all the success you deserve.
Now you’ve got it, use it.

Congrats for what? He’s temporarily the coach for the next week, will be back as assistant in a couple weeks. I hope Finidi hasn’t helped set himself up as the fall guy. He should’ve let the Nff and Eguavoen handle the 2 friendlies on their own.
It's what I wondered. That is, I hope someone is not pkaying games with this type of appointment of Coach Finidi
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

txj wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:20 pm
Congrats Mr Finidi.

Looking forward to seeing how he fares...
He was my first choice a few years ago and then he became assistant under the last 3 coaches (correct me if I am wrong, my mind is a bit fuzzy). And the tactics, selection and everything under the last 3 coaches was between average and horrible. I dont know if the last 3 guys told Finidi not to speak or do anything ... in fact, the last guy was boasting about how he listened to Mus and was taking tactical advice from Musa. So, I presume he would also take tactical advice from Finidi. And if thats the case... oh well.

If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. Politics 101.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bell wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:29 am
LET'S CONGRATULATE THE NFF FOR TAKING THE CORRECT FIRST STEP, FOR ONCE

Now they should take the correct second step with a strikethrough over the word I N T E R I M.

Meanwhile, if the alleged current "senior" player who reportedly doesn't want a Nigerian coach, I'll gladly show same the way out and try to persuade him never to return.
Bell
kpom!
Only three senior players left, Musa, Ekong, and Omeuria. They should not let the door hit them.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Guys, be very very careful of native soup aka Fisherman soup when you hit Parakut. It's been known to cause shirt button to cut. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ANC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:43 pm
txj wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:20 pm
Congrats Mr Finidi.

Looking forward to seeing how he fares...

If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. Politics 101.
You seem to have escaped from the Amunike thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Congratulations to Coach Finidi.
Wishing him the best.
But like in the NFL here in the States, they only give the "lesser" coaches the interim tag.
You are put in a lose-lose situation.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:52 am Good news. Better than Eguavoen.

Lolly

Can you explain how Amuneke is ahead of Finidi? I don't get it?

Please note that Peseiro was the coach that took the team to tge AFCON. If you checked, you will realize he had a crew of assistants with Finidi as the Chief Assistant. If you check also, Amuneke was not part of that crew. The logic is pretty obvious. With NFF yet to find a permanent replacement for Peseiro, the interim has to come from inside. Amuneke was and is not part of the inside. It was always going to be Finidi or Egu who is already part of the NFF. To hire Amuneke at this point just not feasible nor would it make sense. Amuneke, to be hired, will be feasible at the next stage -- hiring of a substantive replacement. That is not the stage just yet.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics