Elijah Adebayo (Luton) wants to play for the Super Eagles

Re: Elijah Adebayo (Luton) wants to play for the Super Eagles

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:31 am
wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:25 am He is a slimmer (and slightly faster) version of Onuachu. There are about 8 strikers ahead of him in the pecking order behind Osimhen.
azuka wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:52 pm
I will take him in a heart beat. He brings us a difference option to what we have currently. he's more of the old-fashioned #9.
I agree. Perfect comparison.
It’s great he has shown commitment but Adebayo really isnt that good.
But his goal stats even for a struggling Luton is rather impressive, how exactly is "isn't really that good" analyzed?

Bayo’ is a handful, corners, flick-ons, throw-ons. Far post, near post. Route one, headers, second balls. “Let ‘em know they’re in a game”. Not half! Johnstone Paint trophy? Check. Football league? Check. Championship? Passed with flying colours.

2-1 down, 15 on the clock, cometh the hour, cometh the big fella. Get that ball off the deck and up in the clouds!!!

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:31 pm You’ve come again casting aspirations.
You don’t know how he will perform, but you randomly decide to say he isn’t good enough?
Does Ajayi ring a bell?
Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:31 am It’s great he has shown commitment but Adebayo really isnt that good.
Expressing an honest opinion is not in any way casting aspersions’ my friend.
How?

Firstly, every professional footballer deserves respect. That’s a given. But talent get levels.

I’m not saying you and him are on the same level. Impossible. :taunt:
But it’s all relative.
“He is not that good” simply implies that he just isn’t good enough to make the Nigerian SE team, especially in that position right now. But he would probably be the first on the list for most African countries. So again, it’s all relative.

As for Ajayi, I am not shifting on that. He has done fairly well for us. But on a higher level like the WC, he will be found out very quickly.
It’s my considered opinion; it's not “casting aspersions” and tbh, it’s unfortunate that Opta didn’t do extensive individual player stats at this last AFCON like they did in 2019.

Otherwise I would have backed up my claims with facts.

Coach wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:14 pm Bayo’ is a handful, corners, flick-ons, throw-ons. Far post, near post. Route one, headers, second balls. “Let ‘em know they’re in a game”. Not half! Johnstone Paint trophy? Check. Football league? Check. Championship? Passed with flying colours.

2-1 down, 15 on the clock, cometh the hour, cometh the big fella. Get that ball off the deck and up in the clouds!!!
That’s what Onuachu was there for. The battering ram.

My brother,
How is your opinion ‘honest’ when it’s in no way, shape or form, representative of the truth? How?
You constantly disparaged Ajayi and yet he ended up being a pillar in our back line, one of the first names on the team sheet? Surely, he isn’t anywhere as poor as you stated he was.

On Adebayo, you don’t know what you don’t know. All the alternates to Osimhen have been average at best. Yet, this kid is holding his own against world class opposition every week. But in your ‘honest’ opinion, he is not good enough.
The young man deserves a chance to prove himself. Let him be. Who knows, he might just be the right fit!
Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:21 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:31 pm You’ve come again casting aspirations.
You don’t know how he will perform, but you randomly decide to say he isn’t good enough?
Does Ajayi ring a bell?
Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:31 am It’s great he has shown commitment but Adebayo really isnt that good.
How?

Firstly, every professional footballer deserves respect. That’s a given. But talent get levels.

But it’s all relative.
“He is not that good” simply implies that he just isn’t good enough to make the Nigerian SE team, especially in that position right now. But he would probably be the first on the list for most African countries. So again, it’s all relative.

As for Ajayi, I am not shifting on that. He has done fairly well for us. But on a higher level like the WC, he will be found out very quickly.
It’s my considered opinion; it's not “casting aspersions” and tbh, it’s unfortunate that Opta didn’t do extensive individual player stats at this last AFCON like they did in 2019.

Chief, it seems you are suggesting my expressed opinion is in some way, ‘dishonest’. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
But it is what I truly believe. No agenda!
It may be wrong and I am not one of those too arrogant to believe their opinion is sacrosanct and therefore unchallengeable
Those kine people plenty for here.

I just think that Adebayo (and Ajayi) are decent footballers but nothing special, and that high quality opposition will show them up. No disrespect but IMHO Adebayo can’t even get into a 28 man SE squad today and Ajayi will be dropped the minute two really good CDs appear - like Adarabioyo and hopefully, Ogboh.

I’ve stuck my neck out and am quite happy to be wrong.
Remember, I was one of those that believed Ekong was on his last legs, only for him to serve me humble pie at AFCON ‘24.

You win some you lose some, but it’s all in the desire to see a SE inch closer to world class in every position.

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:36 pm My brother,
How is your opinion ‘honest’ when it’s in no way, shape or form, representative of the truth? How?
You constantly disparaged Ajayi and yet he ended up being a pillar in our back line, one of the first names on the team sheet? Surely, he isn’t anywhere as poor as you stated he was.

On Adebayo, you don’t know what you don’t know. All the alternates to Osimhen have been average at best. Yet, this kid is holding his own against world class opposition every week. But in your ‘honest’ opinion, he is not good enough.
The young man deserves a chance to prove himself. Let him be. Who knows, he might just be the right fit!
Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:21 pm
Does Ajayi ring a bell?
How?

But it’s all relative.

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:25 am He is a slimmer (and slightly faster) version of Onuachu. There are about 8 strikers ahead of him in the pecking order behind Osimhen.
I will take him in a heart beat. He brings us a difference option to what we have currently. he's more of the old-fashioned #9.
And you know this how?

Dude should be monitored and invited. Being invited doesn't mean he will get a shirt or even start.
But he should be given a closer look. Pesin way don currently score 9 goals in the current EPL season should be looked at.

Aside from Osimhen, none of the 9s fit puff dem chest to tok nothing.

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm You are right/I was wrong. There are actually 10 strikers ahead of him.

1 and 2) the two Victors
3) Awoniyi
4) Moffi
5) Iheanacho
6) Orban
7) Sadiq
8) Adams
9) Solanke
10) Dessers
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:03 am

Are there really 8 strikers ahead of him?
Based on facts or feelings?
BS list!

The only number 9 ahead of him is Osimhen. The rest are yet to prove nothing wearing GWG.

Some of the people you have listed are not number 9s.

Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:06 pm
And you know this how?

Dude should be monitored and invited. Being invited doesn't mean he will get a shirt or even start.
But he should be given a closer look. Pesin way don currently score 9 goals in the current EPL season should be looked at.

‘Know ‘.
Know’?
I thought this was an opinion platform?

I coulda sworn I’ve read thousands of things you don’t know but have given an opinion on in this place.
I must be mistaken.
Everything you’ve ever written here is only what you’ve known.

My bad. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:59 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:06 pm
And you know this how?

‘Know ‘.
Know’?
I thought this was an opinion platform?

I coulda sworn I’ve read thousands of things you don’t know but have given an opinion on in this place.
I must be mistaken.
Everything you’ve ever written here is only what you’ve known.

My bad. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Oga, no vex. You made a statement and I asked a question.
You did not state in your opinion. You made a statement.
And I asked, how do you know?

Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:09 pm
The only number 9 ahead of him is Osimhen. The rest are yet to prove nothing wearing GWG.

Some of the people you have listed are not number 9s.

Bro, this is what I consider ‘that good’ for the SE.

Watch…and pray :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Adebayo has scored 9 goals in 23 Premier league games for struggling Luton. He is good enough for the SE.

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:44 am

I think Dammy said Tosin has zero interest in playing for the SE.

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:13 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:44 am

I think Dammy said Tosin has zero interest in playing for the SE.
Yes, he did.

I was just pointing out what I consider to be “that good”, as against other SE stars that are “not that good”, no disrespect.

By the way, Danny Shittu was known for his passion and commitment and was ready to shed blood for the SE while he was part of it.
So there are no ‘aspersions’ being cast on him, Adebayo or Ajayi.
Just ratings.

aruako1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am Adebayo has scored 9 goals in 23 Premier league games for struggling Luton. He is good enough for the SE.
Instead of concentrating on what he brings to the SE table people are talking about his place among other SE strikers. For me Elijah being in the SE is like someone diversifying their investments.

wiseone wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:17 pm You are right/I was wrong. There are actually 10 strikers ahead of him.

1 and 2) the two Victors
3) Awoniyi
4) Moffi
5) Iheanacho
6) Orban
7) Sadiq
8) Adams
9) Solanke
10) Dessers
Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:03 am

Are there really 8 strikers ahead of him?
Based on facts or feelings?

On what basis do you rate the others above him? Facts or feelings?

Awoniyi - 18 matches, 6 goals, 3 assists
Moffi - 24 matches, 9 goals, 2 assists
Orban - 10 matches, 1 goal, 0 assists
Iheanacho - 22 matches, 6 goals, 2 assists
Sadiq - 29 matches, 3 goals, 1 assist
Dessers - 41 matches, 15 goals, 5 assists
Adams - 26 matches, 9 goals, 0 assists
Elijah - 25 matches, 9 goals, 0 assists

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
goke313

Post by goke313 »

azuka wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:07 pm
aruako1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:40 am Adebayo has scored 9 goals in 23 Premier league games for struggling Luton. He is good enough for the SE.
Instead of concentrating on what he brings to the SE table people are talking about his place among other SE strikers. For me Elijah being in the SE is like someone diversifying their investments.
Facts, some Nigerians should remain in the stone age. We'll be better off without their backwards mindset