Michael Folorunsho actually wanted to play for Nigeria...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Michael Folorunsho actually wanted to play for Nigeria...

Post by Tobi17 »

OwnGoal reports that Michael Folorunsho attempted playing for Nigeria before AFCON 2023. His representative called Jose shitseiro and introduced himself but Jpes refused to call back later and hear him out. That's how we lost Folorunsho.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Michael Folorunsho actually wanted to play for Nigeria...

Post by Dammy »

I just read it and the story needs to be verified because OGN makes things up at times.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:10 pm OwnGoal reports that Michael Folorunsho attempted playing for Nigeria before AFCON 2023. His representative called Jose shitseiro and introduced himself but Jpes refused to call back later and hear him out. That's how we lost Folorunsho.
Was he supposed to take a player that never played in his team to Afcon?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Everything I heard prior to AFCON said he’ll be on the first list post AFCON. That Jose was very aware of him.

We no get coach. I really hate how…

1. We don’t have real press conferences when lists get released
2. Even if we did have press conferences, it’ll turn to home based v foreign based because our “journalists” are mostly about self interest
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:38 pm Everything I heard prior to AFCON said he’ll be on the first list post AFCON. That Jose was very aware of him.

We no get coach. I really hate how…

1. We don’t have real press conferences when lists get released
2. Even if we did have press conferences, it’ll turn to home based v foreign based because our “journalists” are mostly about self interest
Ugbowo

The highlighted above is an important question that goes back to Rohr 's scout noting that Nigeria did not have data for scouting players and this at the home country where most of the footballers are produced and continue to be produced. If you ask me, that is an IMPORTANT question to ask. If I was in that conference, I will be asking those questions until I get a convincing answer. It has nothing to do with personal interest but one to do with mass interest of Nigerians to understand how and why players to represent the country are selected.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:10 pm OwnGoal reports that Michael Folorunsho attempted playing for Nigeria before AFCON 2023. His representative called Jose shitseiro and introduced himself but Jpes refused to call back later and hear him out. That's how we lost Folorunsho.
It didn't work out badly for Aghahowa did it? We went to the tournament two players short.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Unfortunate
If players want to play for Nigeria. Make it Loud and early. Just going through the perceived correct channels isn’t enough to get things done
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

if na Nigeria coach, una go talk sey, the agent no drop.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:54 pm
It didn't work out badly for Aghahowa did it? We went to the tournament two players short.
Why do u people always introduce a false parallel whenever you run out of reason? What does Aghahowa's invitation in 2004 have to do with what just happened 2 months ago in 2024? Jeeeeez! Why stop there. What about Adokie in 1978?
OCCUPY NFF!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:24 pm
Why do u people always introduce a false parallel whenever you run out of reason? What does Aghahowa's invitation in 2004 have to do with what just happened 2 months ago in 2024? Jeeeeez! Why stop there. What about Adokie in 1978?
Aghahowa made his debut during AFCON 2000. He hadn't played for Jo Bonfrere. How is it a false parallel from your claim that Folorunsho should not have made the AFCON team because he had not played for Nigeria before? For another example, Mike made his debut during the 2006 AFCON.

Adokie did not make his debut in the 1978 so unfortunately he is not a good example.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:14 pm
Aghahowa made his debut during AFCON 2000. He hadn't played for Jo Bonfrere. How is it a false parallel from your claim that Folorunsho should not have made the AFCON team because he had not played for Nigeria before? For another example, Mike made his debut during the 2006 AFCON.

Adokie did not make his debut in the 1978 so unfortunately he is not a good example.
Mikel made his debut in a friendly against Libya in 2005
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:26 pm

Mikel made his debut in a friendly against Libya in 2005
Thanks for the correction. I thought it was against Zimbabwe in the 2006 AFCON.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I dont know if this story is true, but what I have been trying to tell TxJ is that during pre-season, there were reports that Folorunsho said he hoped to be called up for Nigeria. That was when I wrote it on this forum and many people here said he wasnt good enough.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

No, but Folorunsho was available since last summer. Peseiro refused to look at him and kept inviting 4 midfielders. It was only until Ndidi got injured that Peseiro decided to invite Yussuf. That man has done significant damage to us and I blame our technical director
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:43 pm
No, but Folorunsho was available since last summer. Peseiro refused to look at him and kept inviting 4 midfielders. It was only until Ndidi got injured that Peseiro decided to invite Yussuf. That man has done significant damage to us and I blame our technical director
You do know the man was coaching us for free? You do know he was not paid for months?
Maybe Folorunsho's agent no gree drop.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:51 pm
You do know the man was coaching us for free? You do know he was not paid for months?
:rotf: No too talk am loud o! Damunk said the money he used for his vacation to Rome and the one he took his wife on was from his investments. :D
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 pm
:rotf: No too talk am loud o! Damunk said the money he used for his vacation to Rome and the one he took his wife on was from his investments. :D
Oyibo pipu no dey do wayo na.

Us natives know say to pull a proper wayo and obtain from gomment and other stakeholders you need an oyibo frontman.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I don’t need to buckle down into one room of my house with the lights out and the heating off because I’ve not been paid for 6 months.
And I will take my wife to Rome if I need to.
I don’t know what you have been doing with your income all your life but it really shouldn’t be that big a deal. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 am
I don’t need to buckle down into one room of my house with the lights out and the heating off because I’ve not been paid for 6 months.
I don’t know what you have been doing with your income all your life but it really shouldn’t be that big a deal. :taunt:
Not surprised that the point always flies over your head. Extend the same grace to Nigerian coaches . . . :wink:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:12 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:10 am
Not surprised that the point always flies over your head. Extend the same grace to Nigerian coaches . . . :wink:
The problem is you have no point…
You’re just playing to the gallery.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Michael Folorunsho did not play in Italy’s first match against Venezuela and is not on the bench for tonight’s match against Ecuador.
So he still remains uncapped for Italy
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:18 pm Michael Folorunsho did not play in Italy’s first match against Venezuela and is not on the bench for tonight’s match against Ecuador.
So he still remains uncapped for Italy
Injured maybe?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I don’t know Folorunsho’s history but Aghahowa was the standout player for Nigeria in the 1999 U20 World Cup that Nigeria hosted so, it wasn’t out of place at all to invite him🤔❗️

Cheers.