That layoff by Iwobi to Lookman for the 2nd goal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
That layoff by Iwobi to Lookman for the 2nd goal

Post by Scipio Africanus »

That was top shelf soccer IQ! Haven't seen that kind of decision making from an SE player in the box for a long time!

Wha choo looking at?!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: That layoff by Iwobi to Lookman for the 2nd goal

Post by green4life »

unfortunately, this thread is useless without highlight clip of the goal
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:52 am unfortunately, this thread is useless without highlight clip of the goal
I gotchu

The magic happens at minute 11:39 but start watching from 11:32 to see the full move that led to the goal.

Wha choo looking at?!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I agree that was a beautiful sequence.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

That was straight from the training ground. Well done lads πŸ‘
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Scipio Africanus wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:08 am
green4life wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:52 am unfortunately, this thread is useless without highlight clip of the goal
I gotchu

The magic happens at minute 11:39 but start watching from 11:32 to see the full move that led to the goal.
My brother, God will continue to bless you. Cheers :thumb:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

A bit of hyperbole here. It was an OK assist
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

YUJAM wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:45 am A bit of hyperbole here. It was an OK assist
Abi lol, its a normal assist, but abnormal coming from SE players thats why folks are excited...just thinking of how many times we effed up such a counter with poor decision making at the ANC :curse:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

maceo4 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:54 am
YUJAM wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:45 am A bit of hyperbole here. It was an OK assist
Abi lol, its a normal assist, but abnormal coming from SE players thats why folks are excited...just thinking of how many times we effed up such a counter with poor decision making at the ANC :curse:
Exactly! For example a similar case was Bright Osayi at Afcon, he had two players at each side completely unmarked but for some dumb reason decided to go solo and lost the ball.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Thank you.

The build up is more impressive. The long pass from Onyeka, the clever control and pass to Iwobi and the finish from Lookman was good.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
MAIDABOI
Egg
Egg

Post by MAIDABOI »

Lolly wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:06 am
Thank you.

The build up is more impressive. The long pass from Onyeka, the clever control and pass to Iwobi and the finish from Lookman was good.
Raphael turn impressed me the most
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That goal na joga bonito. The pass sequence started from Nwabili. I don't think I have seen that from Nigeria in the last 5 years or more.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That goal na joga bonito. The pass sequence started from Nwabili. I don't think I have seen that from Nigeria in the last 5 years or more.

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Yup. I was expecting to see something spectacular, but it was just an ordinary pass to an unmarked player that anyone at that level should be able to make.

This is from the same forumer who made a thread belittling the contributions of our most influential player at the recent AFCON - Osimhen.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:42 am
Yup. I was expecting to see something spectacular, but it was just an ordinary pass to an unmarked player that anyone at that level should be able to make.

This is from the same forumer who made a thread belittling the contributions of our most influential player at the recent AFCON - Osimhen.

Read with context:
Scipio Africanus wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:17 am That was top shelf soccer IQ! Haven't seen that kind of decision making from an SE player in the box for a long time!
And yes, a supposedly word class striker bagging an impressive haul of 1 goal in 7 games in a major tournament for his country ... is not OK. It is not. Full stop. When you factor in the information that this same striker fired blanks in 2 key matches that could have taken us to the WC ... anyway make I stop hia

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Scipio Africanus wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:17 am That was top shelf soccer IQ! Haven't seen that kind of decision making from an SE player in the box for a long time!
So what would you say about Simon Moses’s decision to pick out Lookman who then scored against Cameroon?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:11 pm
So what would you say about Simon Moses’s decision to pick out Lookman who then scored against Cameroon?
:rotf: Oga you sure say you watch dat mash? The assists for Lookman's goals against Cameroon came from Osimhen and Bassey, and both assists came from outside the box.

You are confusing it with the Angola game, and yes Simon's pass to Lookman was inside the box, but the key difference is that Simon, commendable as his pass was, had no option but to pass because he was way out on the left side of the box with zero shooting angle.

Iwobi had the option to shoot or try to carve out a better angle to shoot but he INSTANTLY chose the most intelligent option, and executed it with class and aplomb! A perfectly weighted and angled ball to Lookman! That is excellent decision making! That is noteworthy and must be commended from here to the moon, because THAT is what we want to see more of.

Wha choo looking at?!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Scipio Africanus wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:40 pm

Read with context:
And yes, a supposedly word class striker bagging an impressive haul of 1 goal in 7 games in a major tournament for his country ... is not OK. It is not. Full stop. When you factor in the information that this same striker fired blanks in 2 key matches that could have taken us to the WC ... anyway make I stop hia
Look at the guy contradicting himself. So the "context" you pointed out doesn't also apply to Osimhen?

Oh, we have to apply a different standard to him? A higher bar as he is not an SE player?

His contribution to our success wasn't one goal. He was involved in many goals and was instrumental in getting us to the final.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:41 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:08 am
I gotchu

My brother, God will continue to bless you. Cheers :thumb:
Thanks my brother. May He shower His blessings on you and yours as well :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:00 pm

Read with context:
Look at the guy contradicting himself. So the "context" you pointed out doesn't also apply to Osimhen?

Oh, we have to apply a different standard to him? A higher bar as he is not an SE player?

His contribution to our success wasn't one goal. He was involved in many goals and was instrumental in getting us to the final.
The context of my opening the thread is that we don't often see this kind of excellent split-second decision making from SE players at the business end of the game. How does this same context apply to Osimhen, as you claim?

Wha choo looking at?!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Scipio Africanus wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:14 pm

Read with context:

The context of my opening the thread is that we don't often see this kind of excellent split-second decision making from SE players at the business end of the game. How does this same context apply to Osimhen, as you claim?
The "context" you highlighted. The player deserves praise because what he did was rare among SE players?

How about Osimhen? He did similar things that got us penalties that were based on brainwork when he wasn't even in a position to score. Why does he only deserve criticism and not praise like Iwobi?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

just laugh at his post :rotf: he is here for comedic relief
SuperEagles

Β© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Orion wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:23 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: ↑Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:14 pm

Read with context:

The "context" you highlighted. The player deserves praise because what he did was rare among SE players?

How about Osimhen? He did similar things that got us penalties that were based on brainwork when he wasn't even in a position to score. Why does he only deserve criticism and not praise like Iwobi?
I'll praise him(like I have praised him in the past) when he does his job. Iwobi did his job and duly got praised. I have criticized Iwobi many times in the past here as well. Funny you didn't give a toss then. Abeg carry go :arrow:

Wha choo looking at?!