FINIDI GEORGE: He has Gumption.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FINIDI GEORGE: He has Gumption.....

Post by Enugu II »

Finidi George is really a guy who believes in himself. He showed it today in many ways and I list them below. This guy's confidence is clearly to lay it all out and on the line. Nothing to fear. Na real show of gumption and bravery. I love it!!!
1. He stated in one video interview posted here by our key video poster and informant -- Bigpoke -- that he had brought Benhjamin Tianimu to the attention of SE Manager prior to this break but apparently the kid Tianiumu was not invited. I believe he clearly was referring to Peseiro and during the period Tianimu was weith Insurance and his performances were well known by those who folliw the NPFl. Never mind the ruomormongering by the uninformed in CE. In any case, Peseiro never invited the lad. In my view, this clearly supports what I and others jave suspecte -- the SEManagers were siimply not interested in looking for players locally. IOn any case, Finidi did not only demonstrate gumption by inviting this kid but then starting him and did not choose to bench him even after the kid many a few mistakes back in the defense.

2. Finidi George was clearly going for broke. He decided to ditch the extra cautious approach that NIgeria has used under Gernot Rohr and was intensified by Peseiro at this last AFCON. Instead, he took the more adventurous route as Eghuavoen attempted at a recent AFCON. In fact, he went one better by relying on three in the defense but putting true wingbacks in and not two wingers as a means to shore up the defense, when not in possession. It was a dangerous strategy and we shall see. However, he is indeed brave and not the overly cautious approach we had become increasingly accustomed.

3. Sure, this is only an international friendly but if you think that Finidi George is not auditioning for a job, I urge you to be more introspective and to THINK. Findi is and make no mistake about it..... this is an audition for the SE Manager job.

Finidi is GOT BALLS!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FINIDI GEORGE: He has Gumption.....

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He did well but it’s just 1 game. He has gumption, balls etc but the only way we’ll find out will be after Nff decides to retain him. All else is speculation. It could be over after Mali.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:35 am He did well but it’s just 1 game. He has gumption, balls etc but the only way we’ll find out will be after Nff decides to retain him. All else is speculation. It could be over after Mali.
enough said
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Not impressed. He played 2 DMs against a 10-man team. Not sure where this swashbuckling attacking football you all saw is coming from.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

If he indeed was responsible for Tanimu’s selection and then started him on his first call up, then I am worried. That is not gumption. That smells of something else. It’s not as if we were short of quality players in the CD position. What was his point? What did Tanimu bring to the table that none of our other CDs had?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:24 am If he indeed was responsible for Tanimu’s selection and then started him on his first call up, then I am worried. That is not gumption. That smells of something else. It’s not as if we were short of quality players in the CD position. What was his point? What did Tanimu bring to the table that none of our other CDs had?
Lolly

He did make the claim but apparently Peseiro was not in support. Now as the gaffer, he had ultimate authority to call the shots. It is his decision and he will live by it. He went ahead and started him. I, however, do not think Tianimu would start if this was a competitive game but clearly the lad is not that bad. He is better than the guy from the Bundesliga who was given several opportunities.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Lolly wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:24 am If he indeed was responsible for Tanimu’s selection and then started him on his first call up, then I am worried. That is not gumption. That smells of something else. It’s not as if we were short of quality players in the CD position. What was his point? What did Tanimu bring to the table that none of our other CDs had?
Akpoguma, Torunarigha, Ogbu and Ndah are wondering.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Didnt worry about Buhari for 8 years.
Worried about a "local" player getting a try out.
Okay
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:45 am
Akpoguma, Torunarigha, Ogbu and Ndah are wondering.
Akpoguma, who? Why should he be wondering? What exactly did he do with the several opportunities he had? Please let us know.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Finidi didn't pick the team, according to several reports Peseiro was the one who picked the team before his contract brouhaha...can't understand why people are attacking Finidi for working with what he was given on his senior NT coaching debut.

Na wa o for our people.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It's just one game without 4 starters, including the AFPOY. I think it's more than just one game if you consider that.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:35 am He did well but it’s just 1 game. He has gumption, balls etc but the only way we’ll find out will be after Nff decides to retain him. All else is speculation. It could be over after Mali.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

of course you will say this, because the coach is a black man! :lol: :lol: :lol: you are something els
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:22 am Finidi didn't pick the team, according to several reports Peseiro was the one who picked the team before his contract brouhaha...can't understand why people are attacking Finidi for working with what he was given on his senior NT coaching debut.

Na wa o for our people.
Do they mean the squad?
Because I’m almost certain that the squad woulda been pretty much the same regardless.
Apart from Moffi and the new boy Tanimu (who Finidi has claimed on camera that he picked himself), the rest are pretty much the Usual Suspects.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:42 am
Lolly

He did make the claim but apparently Peseiro was not in support. Now as the gaffer, he had ultimate authority to call the shots. It is his decision and he will live by it. He went ahead and started him. I, however, do not think Tianimu would start if this was a competitive game but clearly the lad is not that bad. He is better than the guy from the Bundesliga who was given several opportunities.
Prof, his words were “it didn’t work out”.
No one is sure whether Peseiro was “in support” or not.
There are a myriad of reasons why an invitation might not ’work out’.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lolly

Yes I know it’s his decision and he will live by it. But I am deeply concerned by it and his reasons behind the decision. Why did he start him? Are we desperate for a central defender?

Though the guy did not look out of place, we can tell from this one match that he is not better than any of the other CDs who sat on the bench at AFCON. Finidi was the assistant coach then, and he would have seen that too.

To be clear, I am in support of a new coach bringing his own ideas and making changes. And I don’t for once believe that Finidi’s decision is linked to any material gain. I suspect Finidi like most of our ex-pros just believe we must give local players a chance. Certainly, but not in a way that it would hurt the team. Changes in areas where we need to make improvements are welcome, not just for the sake of changes. This is going to be his downfall if he continues along this route.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:03 am
Lolly

Yes I know it’s his decision and he will live by it. But I am deeply concerned by it and his reasons behind the decision. Why did he start him? Are we desperate for a central defender?

Though the guy did not look out of place, we can tell from this one match that he is not better than any of the other CDs who sat on the bench at AFCON. Finidi was the assistant coach then, and he would have seen that too.

To be clear, I am in support of a new coach bringing his own ideas and making changes. And I don’t for once believe that Finidi’s decision is linked to any material gain. I suspect Finidi like most of our ex-pros just believe we must give local players a chance. Certainly, but not in a way that it would hurt the team. Changes in areas where we need to make improvements are welcome, not just for the sake of changes. This is going to be his downfall if he continues along this route.
Lolly

I agree with you 100%. I do not think thr kid was picked for any reason beyond his abilities. Importantly, I do not believe he displayed anything that gran t s him a main stay on the team. He really has to show more to be granted such position.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

So just because the guy does not play in oyinbo man's country, it means he shouldn't be given a chance? Smells like colomentality! He played well, even Omeruo said he is a player with potential. Again, if you can’t test one or two new players in a friendly match, then where do you want to test them??
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:50 am
So just because the guy does not play in oyinbo man's country, it means he shouldn't be given a chance? Smells like colomentality! He played well, even Omeruo said he is a player with potential. Again, if you can’t test one or two new players in a friendly match, then where do you want to test them??
I don’t want to insult you but you are not making sense. I have never once insinuated that my gripe is because of where Tanimu plays his football. Nwabali has not played in Oyinbo country but the timing and the reasons behind his fast track selection by Peseinro were very clear to every rational SE supporter. I was in support of Nwabali but I screamed against the selection of Bameyi by Peseinro for the same reasons I am screaming about this one by Finidi. You guys can hide your head in the sand. It doesn’t change the facts.

It’s funny that most guys who have a silly habit of accusing those at home of “colomemtality” are folks who live in Oyinbo country because according to them it is better than home. The irony.

If you know your football, you should know you don’t just test a player in a match unless there is a plan. Why didn’t he test Ojo or the other keeper in goal? Shouldn’t he have focused on testing players in areas where we need quality backups? Why not Onyedika starting ahead of the injury-prone Ndidi? That is how football managers think. This is not kalo kalo. It’s serious business.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This ‘colo mentality’ thing is so old and tired nowadays.

It’s obviously used and abused by those that for some reason still feel the need to prove they are “black and proud” and that they “don’t take nonsense” from ‘the’ white man, unlike their so-called ‘WOWO’ brothers.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

In 2024, that says a whole lot. :roll:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ANC wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:56 am Didnt worry about Buhari for 8 years.
Okay
Why bother. You just have to shake your head. He benefited from Buhari financially. I don't have proof, but it was posted here that someone in Lolly's circle was employed under Buhari's administration
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:32 am
ANC wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:56 am Didnt worry about Buhari for 8 years.
Okay
Why bother. You just have to shake your head. He benefited from Buhari financially. I don't have proof, but it was posted here that someone in Lolly's circle was employed under Buhari's administration
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Biko, let’s discuss football here. You can join me on Rant and Rave to talk about other things.

ANC is suffering from inferiority complex. I am living rent free in his head and that of his fellow travellers aka IPOB supporters.
Last edited by Lolly on Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:22 am Finidi didn't pick the team, according to several reports Peseiro was the one who picked the team before his contract brouhaha...can't understand why people are attacking Finidi for working with what he was given on his senior NT coaching debut.

Na wa o for our people.
Your several reports trump what findi said on the airwaves? It is pretty silly, in my opinion, to suggest that Finidi is lying about inviting Tanimu🤔❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I would love to see Finidi take another look at Olisa Ndah🙂❗️

Cheers.