Benjamin Tanimu's SE Debut vs Ghana (Highlights)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Benjamin Tanimu's SE Debut vs Ghana (Highlights)

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:50 am Tanimu and Nwabali are excellent examples, why we must to away with the Pinnick/Rohr mindset (nothing good, can come out of the Nigerian League).
Why stop at those 2? Remember the others?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:45 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:47 am
Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:30 am
aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:56 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:20 am Mainoo. The 19yr old Man U player who made his debut for England today had to show his value at one of the biggest clubs in the world to earn a deserved call to the 3 lions. He went through the vetting process of a quality player and showed he is a top quality talent. Here we are with Taminu who’s only claim to fame was having a good season in the NPFL before moving to an obscure club in Tanzania. Even after his dubiously fast tracked invite to SE, people are still hoping he can supply long passes to Osihmen.

Shouldn’t that be known before inviting him? Why is the bar so low for Tiaminu? Why must he be invited for more games to ascertain his quality? Mainoo doesn’t have that problem. In Nigeria, corruption thrives because people look the other way when they like the corrupt power. Tiaminu might have the talent to be a SE player but he certainly hasn’t earned the invite and was never vetted enough to be a SE.

If we want to reach our goal as a nation we must have a transparent process for selecting players. Based on the process used to select Tiaminu, there’re 5000 players who should’ve gotten a call. Yeye Dey smell.
Tanimu was in the 2022 - 2023 NPFL team of the season. He had 4 NPFL 2023 -2024 team of the week appearances by December 2023. He was part of the U-23. The manager that selected him, won the 2022-2023 NPFL and some of his toughest games that season and the current season were against Tanimu’s then team. Are there 5000 players like that? Heck show me 5 NPFL players like that (I won't even limit it to his position).

When my man Leke Ojo of my beloved Enyimba was included in the AFCON final squad you didn't scream corruption (I'm not suggesting he was selected corruptly) because he was selected by Peseiro. If Leke was selected for the first time by Finidi you guys would have gone to town because he is a local coach.

The NPFL gets little coverage but at least I have been following my team, Enyimba. Chijioke Mbaoma has been excellent for them. If for some reason he is invited for a friendly you will scream corruption because you did not know him.
In that same 2022-2023 NPFL team of the season, you also had Dimeji Bankole in goal and Divine Nwachukwu a talented 19 year old midfielder. Both these players already got invited to the SE. Why didn’t Finidi invite these ones in areas where we are obviously weak?

Then we also have Ikenna Cooper and Ismael Sodiq in the same list, two players who deserve a look at.

Make we dey find excuse for Finidi. Like I said, every dodgy selection in the SE going back decades always has arguments for and against. We have seen them before and know where they end up. A national team coach usually has an average of 4-5 games per year to build a team. Playing kalo kalo with the small number of games would only lead to disaster.
First of all thank God that you have admitted that Tanimu made the 2022-2023 team of the season. I don't know about Bankole but this season Ikenna Cooper has not been a regular starter for Enyimba (he gets loads of substitute appearances). Tanimu got 4 team of the week performances from Octover to December 2023. Sodiq should be on the list but the coach is not corrupt simply because he does not select a player that most people think should be in the team. Most England fans think Tomori should be ahead of Maguire for instance.

A selection is not dodgy because Lolly, posting anonymously says so. A selection is not dodgy simply because we have had dodgy selections in the past. This is what you guys do to local coaches...barely one game in and you are all making these claims.
If you believe we’ve had dodgy selections in the past, kindly name one of such that you believed was dodgy.
I don't know of any dodgy deals except that Salisu and Siasia were banned - I only speak of stuff within my knowledge. Those of you that know should give us specifics and evidence but you won't. It will all be innuendo aimed at tarring every Nigerian in football with the same brush.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:44 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:20 am Mainoo. The 19yr old Man U player who made his debut for England today had to show his value at one of the biggest clubs in the world to earn a deserved call to the 3 lions. He went through the vetting process of a quality player and showed he is a top quality talent. Here we are with Taminu who’s only claim to fame was having a good season in the NPFL before moving to an obscure club in Tanzania. Even after his dubiously fast tracked invite to SE, people are still hoping he can supply long passes to Osihmen.

Shouldn’t that be known before inviting him? Why is the bar so low for Tiaminu? Why must he be invited for more games to ascertain his quality? Mainoo doesn’t have that problem. In Nigeria, corruption thrives because people look the other way when they like the corrupt power. Tiaminu might have the talent to be a SE player but he certainly hasn’t earned the invite and was never vetted enough to be a SE.

If we want to reach our goal as a nation we must have a transparent process for selecting players. Based on the process used to select Tiaminu, there’re 5000 players who should’ve gotten a call. Yeye Dey smell.
Tanimu was in the 2022 - 2023 NPFL team of the season. He had 4 NPFL 2023 -2024 team of the week appearances by December 2023. He was part of the U-23. The manager that selected him, won the 2022-2023 NPFL and some of his toughest games that season and the current season were against Tanimu’s then team. Are there 5000 players like that? Heck show me 5 NPFL players like that (I won't even limit it to his position).

When my man Leke Ojo of my beloved Enyimba was included in the AFCON final squad you didn't scream corruption (I'm not suggesting he was selected corruptly) because he was selected by Peseiro. If Leke was selected for the first time by Finidi you guys would have gone to town because he is a local coach.

The NPFL gets little coverage but at least I have been following my team, Enyimba. Chijioke Mbaoma has been excellent for them. If for some reason he is invited for a friendly you will scream corruption because you did not know him.
In that same 2022-2023 NPFL team of the season, you also had Dimeji Bankole in goal and Divine Nwachukwu a talented 19 year old midfielder. Both these players already got invited to the SE. Why didn’t Finidi invite these ones in areas where we are obviously weak?

Then we also have Ikenna Cooper and Ismael Sodiq in the same list, two players who deserve a look at.

Make we dey find excuse for Finidi. Like I said, every dodgy selection in the SE going back decades always has arguments for and against. We have seen them before and know where they end up. A national team coach usually has an average of 4-5 games per year to build a team. Playing kalo kalo with the small number of games would only lead to disaster.
First of all thank God that you have admitted that Tanimu made the 2022-2023 team of the season. I don't know about Bankole but this season Ikenna Cooper has not been a regular starter for Enyimba (he gets loads of substitute appearances). Tanimu got 4 team of the week performances from Octover to December 2023. Sodiq should be on the list but the coach is not corrupt simply because he does not select a player that most people think should be in the team. Most England fans think Tomori should be ahead of Maguire for instance.

A selection is not dodgy because Lolly, posting anonymously says so. A selection is not dodgy simply because we have had dodgy selections in the past. This is what you guys do to local coaches...barely one game in and you are all making these claims.
If you believe we’ve had dodgy selections in the past, kindly name one of such that you believed was dodgy.
I don't know of any dodgy deals except that Salisu and Siasia were banned - I only speak of stuff within my knowledge. Those of you that know should give us specifics and evidence but you won't. It will all be innuendo aimed at tarring every Nigerian in football with the same brush.
You are looking for evidence of a dodgy call up? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:47 pm

Yes, I am. You can rely on innuendos behind your online anonymity - good for you. That is not my way.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:49 pm

Yes, I am. You can rely on innuendos behind your online anonymity - good for you. That is not my way.
Aruako,

You are putting up evidence. Do you think that those who call this a dodgy callup are seeking evidence? Nope. They are evidently not. The evidence that this kid was a bona fide top player locally and deserving of a call up is not disputable. Not at all. The evidence is not only plentiful but compelling based on its significance -- his club, his consistent selection among the best locally. However, that is not of importance to those who claim it is a dodgy call up. I bet you the next stage of their campaign, sans video evidence, is to claim that his play in both training and the game was piss-poor. The window for such a campaign is still open and do not be surprised when the window is taken advantage of.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:56 pm

Aruako,

You are putting up evidence. Do you think that those who call this a dodgy callup are seeking evidence? Nope. They are evidently not. The evidence that this kid was a bona fide top player locally and deserving of a call up is not disputable. Not at all. The evidence is not only plentiful but compelling based on its significance -- his club, his consistent selection among the best locally. However, that is not of importance to those who claim it is a dodgy call up. I bet you the next stage of their campaign, sans video evidence, is to claim that his play in both training and the game was piss-poor. The window for such a campaign is still open and do not be surprised when the window is taken advantage of.
EII,

I think we’re already well past that next stage you talked about. Somebody gave him a C grade for Friday’s match🤔😀❗️

Cheers.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:38 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:56 pm

Aruako,

EII,

I think we’re already well past that next stage you talked about. Somebody gave him a C grade for Friday’s match🤔😀❗️

Cheers.
To be fair I don't think the C grade was given in bad faith. The same poster did not criticise his call up.