Benjamin Tanimu's SE Debut vs Ghana (Highlights)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Benjamin Tanimu's SE Debut vs Ghana (Highlights)

Post by Sunset »

A solid debut performance tbh. His passing is a standout attribute
GG of G
Egg
Egg
Re: Benjamin Tanimu's SE Debut vs Ghana (Highlights)

Post by GG of G »

I really like how he is always making those moves to receive the ball - not shying away from the ball. Also a very good passer especially those long-range ones. Well done on putting this video together
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Sunset wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:23 pm A solid debut performance tbh. His passing is a standout attribute

What a debut and we had some folks on CE like Kongi spamming us all week, dude is the type of CB and WB we need, a ball playing defender , who can defend and also pass while under pressure and create. I hope he continues to shine . The SE must have quality even when the regulars are missing or burnt out. The bench must be on par with the starters
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Well, looks like Oga Sunset will also 10% from the Tiaminu trafficking transaction.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...not bad for a home based, or Africa based he acquitted himself.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

GG of G wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:41 pm I really like how he is always making those moves to receive the ball - not shying away from the ball. Also a very good passer especially those long-range ones. Well done on putting this video together
If you watched the game live, you will realize that he did not receive as many passes as should have been the case. Awaziem, in particular and for some reason, regularly turned away from hom to the left to find Semi as an outlet. On the other hand, our goalie really and outwardly showed confidence in the lad. Awaziem's actions, for me, raised eyebrows. I state this because the lad, Tiaminu, did make good use of passes that he received as shown by this video on his touches. I like how he feels confident taking on his man to advance when he receives the ball.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We have always produced top Center backs. Not surprised. Im sure they are alot of good defenders in Nigeria from u17. Problem is the rubbish coaches like Bo$$o.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:33 pm
GG of G wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:41 pm I really like how he is always making those moves to receive the ball - not shying away from the ball. Also a very good passer especially those long-range ones. Well done on putting this video together
If you watched the game live, you will realize that he did not receive as many passes as should have been the case. Awaziem, in particular and for some reason, regularly turned away from hom to the left to find Semi as an outlet. On the other hand, our goalie really and outwardly showed confidence in the lad. Awaziem's actions, for me, raised eyebrows. I state this because the lad, Tiaminu, did make good use of passes that he received as shown by this video on his touches. I like how he feels confident taking on his man to advance when he receives the ball.
But you were praising Awazien in another of your posts, saying it was one of his best games for the SE? I was wondering which game you watched.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I noticed the above highlighted as well. I was impressed by the player's abilities, but I would prefer to observe him in more games before assigning a rating.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

All we need now is to see Bobo lob those long passes to Osimhen
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Dude sabi pass make long passes. He needs to be invited for more games
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

For a debut performance, he was OK. I wouldn’t go past that.

I still look at him as a kid. Back in the days na this kind player full out U-17 teams. ThankGod for MRI.

His long passing was unnecessary more often than not. That pass to Kelechi was a peach tho. He was looking long almost all the time in the first half and I don’t believe that was the game plan especially when we build from back 4 and he hugs the touchline as the right back. He will learn all that as he continues to grow.

I also thought there were a few occasions he wasn’t strong enough in his duels. He did recover beautifully after taking the wrong angle turning his body on the Semeyo 1 v 1. Showed some of his natural attributes.

I hope he leaves Tanzania soon and continue to develop his game.

I’ll score him a 6/10 with it being weighted for his debut performance.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mainoo. The 19yr old Man U player who made his debut for England today had to show his value at one of the biggest clubs in the world to earn a deserved call to the 3 lions. He went through the vetting process of a quality player and showed he is a top quality talent. Here we are with Taminu who’s only claim to fame was having a good season in the NPFL before moving to an obscure club in Tanzania. Even after his dubiously fast tracked invite to SE, people are still hoping he can supply long passes to Osihmen.

Shouldn’t that be known before inviting him? Why is the bar so low for Tiaminu? Why must he be invited for more games to ascertain his quality? Mainoo doesn’t have that problem. In Nigeria, corruption thrives because people look the other way when they like the corrupt power. Tiaminu might have the talent to be a SE player but he certainly hasn’t earned the invite and was never vetted enough to be a SE.

If we want to reach our goal as a nation we must have a transparent process for selecting players. Based on the process used to select Tiaminu, there’re 5000 players who should’ve gotten a call. Yeye Dey smell.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:57 pm
But you were praising Awazien in another of your posts, saying it was one of his best games for the SE? I was wondering which game you watched.
Lolly,

Absolutely, it was one of Awaziem's best games in years! In fact, I dare state that if he plays like that in a couple of games he will be a sure that as I had hoped.

However, that does not mean that he did not glaring attempt to ignore the debutant when the latter was open for a pass. That too was obvious.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:20 am Mainoo. The 19yr old Man U player who made his debut for England today had to show his value at one of the biggest clubs in the world to earn a deserved call to the 3 lions. He went through the vetting process of a quality player and showed he is a top quality talent. Here we are with Taminu who’s only claim to fame was having a good season in the NPFL before moving to an obscure club in Tanzania. Even after his dubiously fast tracked invite to SE, people are still hoping he can supply long passes to Osihmen.

Shouldn’t that be known before inviting him? Why is the bar so low for Tiaminu? Why must he be invited for more games to ascertain his quality? Mainoo doesn’t have that problem. In Nigeria, corruption thrives because people look the other way when they like the corrupt power. Tiaminu might have the talent to be a SE player but he certainly hasn’t earned the invite and was never vetted enough to be a SE.

If we want to reach our goal as a nation we must have a transparent process for selecting players. Based on the process used to select Tiaminu, there’re 5000 players who should’ve gotten a call. Yeye Dey smell.
Tanimu was in the 2022 - 2023 NPFL team of the season. He had 4 NPFL 2023 -2024 team of the week appearances by December 2023. He was part of the U-23. The manager that selected him, won the 2022-2023 NPFL and some of his toughest games that season and the current season were against Tanimu’s then team. Are there 5000 players like that? Heck show me 5 NPFL players like that (I won't even limit it to his position).

When my man Leke Ojo of my beloved Enyimba was included in the AFCON final squad you didn't scream corruption (I'm not suggesting he was selected corruptly) because he was selected by Peseiro. If Leke was selected for the first time by Finidi you guys would have gone to town because he is a local coach.

The NPFL gets little coverage but at least I have been following my team, Enyimba. Chijioke Mbaoma has been excellent for them. If for some reason he is invited for a friendly you will scream corruption because you did not know him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

For a young debutante, he did extremely well IMHO.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:58 am For a young debutante, he did extremely well IMHO.
You’re corrupt to the marrow. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:56 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:20 am Mainoo. The 19yr old Man U player who made his debut for England today had to show his value at one of the biggest clubs in the world to earn a deserved call to the 3 lions. He went through the vetting process of a quality player and showed he is a top quality talent. Here we are with Taminu who’s only claim to fame was having a good season in the NPFL before moving to an obscure club in Tanzania. Even after his dubiously fast tracked invite to SE, people are still hoping he can supply long passes to Osihmen.

Tanimu was in the 2022 - 2023 NPFL team of the season. He had 4 NPFL 2023 -2024 team of the week appearances by December 2023. He was part of the U-23. The manager that selected him, won the 2022-2023 NPFL and some of his toughest games that season and the current season were against Tanimu’s then team. Are there 5000 players like that? Heck show me 5 NPFL players like that (I won't even limit it to his position).

When my man Leke Ojo of my beloved Enyimba was included in the AFCON final squad you didn't scream corruption (I'm not suggesting he was selected corruptly) because he was selected by Peseiro. If Leke was selected for the first time by Finidi you guys would have gone to town because he is a local coach.

The NPFL gets little coverage but at least I have been following my team, Enyimba. Chijioke Mbaoma has been excellent for them. If for some reason he is invited for a friendly you will scream corruption because you did not know him.
In that same 2022-2023 NPFL team of the season, you also had Dimeji Bankole in goal and Divine Nwachukwu a talented 19 year old midfielder. Both these players already got invited to the SE. Why didn’t Finidi invite these ones in areas where we are obviously weak?

Then we also have Ikenna Cooper and Ismael Sodiq in the same list, two players who deserve a look at.

Make we dey find excuse for Finidi. Like I said, every dodgy selection in the SE going back decades always has arguments for and against. We have seen them before and know where they end up. A national team coach usually has an average of 4-5 games per year to build a team. Playing kalo kalo with the small number of games would only lead to disaster.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tanimu and Nwabali are excellent examples, why we must to away with the Pinnick/Rohr mindset (nothing good, can come out of the Nigerian League).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:30 am

In that same 2022-2023 NPFL team of the season, you also had Dimeji Bankole in goal and Divine Nwachukwu a talented 19 year old midfielder. Both these players already got invited to the SE. Why didn’t Finidi invite these ones in areas where we are obviously weak?

Then we also have Ikenna Cooper and Ismael Sodiq in the same list, two players who deserve a look at.

Make we dey find excuse for Finidi. Like I said, every dodgy selection in the SE going back decades always has arguments for and against. We have seen them before and know where they end up. A national team coach usually has an average of 4-5 games per year to build a team. Playing kalo kalo with the small number of games would only lead to disaster.
Basically because other coaches were corrupt Finidi MUST be corrupt!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

First of all thank God that you have admitted that Tanimu made the 2022-2023 team of the season. I don't know about Bankole but this season Ikenna Cooper has not been a regular starter for Enyimba (he gets loads of substitute appearances). Tanimu got 4 team of the week performances from Octover to December 2023. Sodiq should be on the list but the coach is not corrupt simply because he does not select a player that most people think should be in the team. Most England fans think Tomori should be ahead of Maguire for instance.

A selection is not dodgy because Lolly, posting anonymously says so. A selection is not dodgy simply because we have had dodgy selections in the past. This is what you guys do to local coaches...barely one game in and you are all making these claims.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:02 am

Basically because other coaches were corrupt Finidi MUST be corrupt!
If you call corruption trying to help a local player get exposure, then yes he is. But I am not for once insinuating that he is doing it for material gain. I think he just believes the local players need to be helped and this is one guy he strongly believes in.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:47 am

First of all thank God that you have admitted that Tanimu made the 2022-2023 team of the season. I don't know about Bankole but this season Ikenna Cooper has not been a regular starter for Enyimba (he gets loads of substitute appearances). Tanimu got 4 team of the week performances from Octover to December 2023. Sodiq should be on the list but the coach is not corrupt simply because he does not select a player that most people think should be in the team. Most England fans think Tomori should be ahead of Maguire for instance.

A selection is not dodgy because Lolly, posting anonymously says so. A selection is not dodgy simply because we have had dodgy selections in the past. This is what you guys do to local coaches...barely one game in and you are all making these claims.
If you believe we’ve had dodgy selections in the past, kindly name one of such that you believed was dodgy.