Iwobi vs Ghana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Iwobi vs Ghana

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Iwobi vs Ghana

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Iwobi had a field day vs Ghana. I still think his best position is as a CM in a 2 man pivot with a AM that’s able to take defenders on and shoot well ahead of Iwobi and Onyeaka. Iwobi’s strength is in his quick passes and read of the game. Our passing game would be greatly improved if we had a real modern AM like a odegard style player in the am position. As you can see in the video, the team defers to him a lot to distribute the ball and it comes with a lot of pressure that affects his willingness to take players on. If he loses the ball our defense is in big big trouble.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi vs Ghana

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:14 pm Iwobi had a field day vs Ghana. I still think his best position is as a CM in a 2 man pivot with a AM that’s able to take defenders on and shoot well ahead of Iwobi and Onyeaka. Iwobi’s strength is in his quick passes and read of the game. Our passing game would be greatly improved if we had a real modern AM like a odegard style player in the am position. As you can see in the video, the team defers to him a lot to distribute the ball and it comes with a lot of pressure that affects his willingness to take players on. If he loses the ball our defense is in big big trouble.
I dream of a midfield depth of Iwobi, Ndidi/Onyeka, Ugochukwu/Chukwuemeka, Ibrahim Olawoyin/Nwakali and Ifeanyi Matthew/FisayoDele-Bashiru.