AIRPEACE CEO Allen Onyema Threatens NFF Over Hiring of an FC.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AIRPEACE CEO Allen Onyema Threatens NFF Over Hiring of an FC.....

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:02 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:30 am
highbury wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:59 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:18 am The man is a tout. He’s wet leasing a Norwegian Airline plane fully staffed with Norwegian pilots and crew for his London route. Do we not have pilots and flight attendants in Nigeria ? Why do we need Norwegians to serve cold jollof rice on a Lagos - London flight?
Why can’t he trust Nigerian pilots?
You can lie :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“According to Air Peace, the agreement with the UK-based arm of Norwegian carrier Norse is a wet-lease deal that will last for two months initially, but with the possibility of an extension. The airlines have also disclosed that they are in exploratory talks about further ways in which Norse aircraft could be sued to expedite Air Peace’s ambitious long-haul expansion plans. “

https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/air- ... norse-787s

Not even the aircraft mechanics will be Nigeria.Oni gbese!

“ Wet leasing is an arrangement where the lessor provides an aircraft and the crew too. So here, the lessor is responsible for the operational maintenance of the flight. In contrast, dry leasing is an arrangement where the lessor offers only an aircraft, without crew and ground staff.”

https://www.business-standard.com/podca ... 088_1.html
Thank you.
He can make such statements to impress the average fan but let him come to a place like CE and receive a well-deserved first round TKO.
Gbam! I was a member of a Nigerian sports journalists WhatsApp chat group a few years ago, the fear they had for CE was real!
Even Colin Udoh admitted that we no send anybody for CE!
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:18 am The man is a tout. He’s wet leasing a Norwegian Airline plane fully staffed with Norwegian pilots and crew for his London route. Do we not have pilots and flight attendants in Nigeria ? Why do we need Norwegians to serve cold jollof rice on a Lagos - London flight?
...the man is a private for profit business and can operate his company as he see fit.
Unlike a the NFA, they are public, accountable to the people, and Nigerian people tax naira, they should invest in local coaches.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

This man dey pain you well; never heard you say anything positive about air peace even the they were evacuating Nigerians for free. Your motive is well known
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

NEITI Cautions NFF Against Hiring Foreign Coach, Says It Drains Foreign Exchange

The executive secretary of Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI), Dr Orji Ogbonnaya Orji has cautioned the leadership of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) against going after foreign coaches for the Super Eagles.

Orji gave the warning while reacting to the ongoing public debates on whether a foreign or a local coach should be hired to build on Super Eagles successes at the recently concluded Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Ivory Coast.

He said in as much as NEITI appreciates the contributions of foreign coaches to Nigeria’s sports development, continued reliance on foreign coaches to handle the national teams is a major source of capital flight and avoidable drain on Nigeria’s foreign exchange.

Super Eagles, who are without a substantive coach since the expiration of Jose Peseiro’s contract in February, are currently being guided by interim coach, Finidi George, for their friendly matches against Ghana and Mali.

“We in NEITI also believe that the mentality and dependence on foreign is the same mentality that led Nigeria to oil dependency and also the same mentality to develop appetite for foreign goods.

“If we compute how much we have spent on hiring foreign coaches over these years, the impact on our economy and sports development, it will be clear that the investment is not worth it.

“I therefore join the call for NFF to use the current window now open to give out local coaches a chance to show what they can offer. Allow them to make mistakes, learn from their mistakes and grow. As a prominent sporting nation, we should set an example by giving the right of first refusal to local coaches that emerges through international competitive bids. And when they have a chance to lead our national teams, they need support, encouragements through exposure to high level training,” Orji said

While appealing to Nigeria’s sports authorities to put in place deliberate measures to lessen Nigeria’s dependence on foreign experts that can be sourced locally, Orji said NEITI is ready and willing to work with Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) to commence the campaign as an important national debate.

“These issues are of concern to NEITI because sports have become an important element of state policy, huge investment gold mines, source of employment to our talented youths, revenue generation for low and middle level families, poverty reduction and a beacon of hope for our national unity.

“NEITI therefore appeals to our sports authorities to put deliberate measures in place to lessen Nigeria’s dependence on so-called foreign experts when we can source this manpower locally.

https://leadership.ng/neiti-cautions-nf ... -exchange/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Slaves still arguing whether a foreign coach is needed instead of talking about the quality of our local coaches. Some person in the forum made a foolish comment about believing Onyema 's opinion will change if it is Mourinho as if he is a god. Slave mentality is a real disease sha. I tell you, we have coaches better than Mourinho in Nigeria. They can get good results with SE. They already know the terrain and the psychology of the people. Didn't we have Berti Vogts? How far did we get? Didn't we check out at the Quarter Final stage of the Afcon with him at the helm?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

highbury wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:00 pm Slaves still arguing whether a foreign coach is needed instead of talking about the quality of our local coaches. Some person in the forum made a foolish comment about believing Onyema 's opinion will change if it is Mourinho as if he is a god. Slave mentality is a real disease sha. I tell you, we have coaches better than Mourinho in Nigeria. They can get good results with SE. They already know the terrain and the psychology of the people. Didn't we have Berti Vogts? How far did we get? Didn't we check out at the Quarter Final stage of the Afcon with him at the helm?
Is everything OK back home? Why would you call people slaves over a difference in opinion about national team coaches? I want local coaches but would it not be best to advocate for a strong league and more opportunities for exposure for them everywhere? And for local coaches to get equal treatment when they mount the seat?

Are Albanians slaves because Ndubuisi Egbo is coaching there? Do you realise that some European coaches, such as the late Maurice Cooreman, with two NPFL titles, knew Nigerian football better than most of the Nigerian coaches we tout here? If Nigerian football gets better organised, we won't have to be asking for opportunities for local coaches. In South Africa, they probably can't afford Mosimane as his salary demands will be higher than what they are paying the foreign coach.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:45 am I'm all for local coaches but on what basis would he sue the NFF if they don't hire local managers. There will always be foreign managers that might be good for the SE so ruling them out totally is unnecessary. All I want is for local managers to get more opportunities and be given equal treatment to foreign managers.
Probably on the hiring practice. As in not being a fair recruitment and hiring process.

The unfortunate thing that many natives don't realize or give any credence to is the issue of who will pay the coach. The NFF will claim that they will source for the funding but at the end will end up being the FGN responsibility like we saw with clearing the arrears of **** and Waldrum.

Folks don't have a problem with using public funds to pay for a coach or hire an expatriate when there are local people capable of doing the job?

The NFF seeking for a foreign coach and hiring one is gonna end up like a child begging the parents for a dog and promising that they will be responsible for the upkeep. We know exactly how it will end...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:09 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:00 pm Slaves still arguing whether a foreign coach is needed instead of talking about the quality of our local coaches. Some person in the forum made a foolish comment about believing Onyema 's opinion will change if it is Mourinho as if he is a god. Slave mentality is a real disease sha. I tell you, we have coaches better than Mourinho in Nigeria. They can get good results with SE. They already know the terrain and the psychology of the people. Didn't we have Berti Vogts? How far did we get? Didn't we check out at the Quarter Final stage of the Afcon with him at the helm?
Is everything OK back home? Why would you call people slaves over a difference in opinion about national team coaches? I want local coaches but would it not be best to advocate for a strong league and more opportunities for exposure for them everywhere? And for local coaches to get equal treatment when they mount the seat?

Are Albanians slaves because Ndubuisi Egbo is coaching there? Do you realise that some European coaches, such as the late Maurice Cooreman, with two NPFL titles, knew Nigerian football better than most of the Nigerian coaches we tout here? If Nigerian football gets better organised, we won't have to be asking for opportunities for local coaches. In South Africa, they probably can't afford Mosimane as his salary demands will be higher than what they are paying the foreign coach.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
He loves the word.
It doesn’t take much to figure out why… :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:47 am
Lolly wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:03 am He said Eguavoen succeeded? That’s the kind of success this guy wants? Wonderful!
Eguavoen did not succeed. However he was only an interim coach with very little time to get his team together and little room for error.
What about his previous stint? I'm ok if they want to give the job to Finidi permnently, but please keep Egu and Salisu away from that team. And Bosso should be banned from coaching any team in Nigeria even if it's a charity game.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:16 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:45 am I'm all for local coaches but on what basis would he sue the NFF if they don't hire local managers. There will always be foreign managers that might be good for the SE so ruling them out totally is unnecessary. All I want is for local managers to get more opportunities and be given equal treatment to foreign managers.
Probably on the hiring practice. As in not being a fair recruitment and hiring process.

The unfortunate thing that many natives don't realize or give any credence to is the issue of who will pay the coach. The NFF will claim that they will source for the funding but at the end will end up being the FGN responsibility like we saw with clearing the arrears of **** and Waldrum.

Folks don't have a problem with using public funds to pay for a coach or hire an expatriate when there are local people capable of doing the job?

The NFF seeking for a foreign coach and hiring one is gonna end up like a child begging the parents for a dog and promising that they will be responsible for the upkeep. We know exactly how it will end...
So the NFF wouldn’t go begging for money if it was a local coach? I thought people are calling for local coaches to be paid the same as the foreign coach? Would that be in Naira or USD?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Good luck with the brits letting you enter their country with a dry lease.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ahidjo2 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:46 am
Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:16 am
Airpeace CEO Allen Onyema threatens NFF with lawsuit over Super Eagles coach selection
https://soccernet.ng/2024/03/airpeace-a ... endeavour.

George Finidi is presently the caretaker coach of the Super Eagles as the NFF continues to shop around for a substantive manager

Allen Onyema, the Managing Director and CEO of Airpeace, a prominent Nigerian airline, has stirred the pot in the ongoing debate surrounding the selection of the new coach for the Super Eagles, Soccernet.ng reports.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) finds itself at the center of attention as it navigates the task of filling the coaching vacancy left by Jose Peseiro. The former Sporting Lisbon and Porto manager guided Nigeria to a commendable second-place finish at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations just last month.

With the NFF opening the floodgates for applications, both domestic and foreign, for the coveted coaching position, speculations have run rampant regarding the Federation’s inclination towards appointing another foreign tactician.

Onyema, not only a titan in the business world but also a fervent football enthusiast and ardent supporter of the Super Eagles, has voiced his discontent with the apparent preference for a foreign coach over a local candidate.

He vehemently argues that Nigeria possesses the talent and expertise domestically to helm the national team.

In a bold move, Onyema called upon fellow fans to unite in legal action against the NFF if they persist in appointing a foreign coach. He pledged not only his support but also his financial backing for such a legal endeavour.

Expressing his frustration to City People Online, Onyema stated,
“I don’t see the reason why we cannot have a look into the country and get somebody out there that will take on the Super Eagles. As far as I am concerned, Eguavoen succeeded to some level.

“A lot of them succeeded. The truth is that when a foreign coach bows out from the group stage, nobody talks; when a Nigerian coach bows out from Quarterfinals or semi-finals, oh, if it had been a foreign coach, we would have won the cup.

“Nobody gives Nigerian coaches a chance. Nigerians should rise up against any NFF that goes again to get any angel* as a foreign coach.

“We don’t need a foreign coach; let us grow our own. Let us even save the naira. Let us grow our own and give the Nigerian coach the same incentive you give the foreign coach and see them excel.

“In fact, we should go to court to stop NFF from employing foreign coaches; I will join you, I am telling you.

“And I will fund it. We should go to court. We must begin to love this country; that’s all I have to say about this NFF now.”

An indigenous coach, the late Stephen Keshi, engineered Nigeria’s last triumph at the AFCON in 2013.
The data compiled for foreign and local coaches' achievements since 1980 is seriously crying for Onyema's attention. This is what happens in black Africa when people (even those one thinks should know) draw conclusions based on emotions and sentiments. Other serious countries use data to make informed decisions but not in black Africa. It's always beer parlor kind of discussions and decisions.

GOT TO LOOK AT THE STRATEGY

If it's all about data, Nigerians wouldn't be employed anywhere in Nigeria. Because I can't think of one area where foreign substitutes cannot outperform Nigerians. Got to see the big picture which includes national security, economic interest, self-reliance, national/racial pride.

All this misuse of data is just a thin cover for self-doubt. It's a shame that Nigeria has ceded to the likes of Senegal in this area of continental leadership. What has Nigeria accomplished anyway with all the data-driven use of foreign coaches that Nigerians haven't? And that's before factoring the poorer environment in which Nigerian coaches are compelled to perform.

Even if the data is true, not having been normalized, it calls for Nigeria to focus in this area for development, not to surrender. If you brought doctors from Europe or N. America, and yes, pilots also, to Nigeria, they are likely to (no, certainly) outperform their Nigerian counterparts. The explanation is simple: Nigeria happens to be in the infancy in much of technology. The only way to catch up is to first start. After 70 years of this morass, what are they still waiting for?
Bell
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He should just voulunteer to pay the Local coach $70000 per month and request for him to be signed to a 5 year contract to be paid up front instead of all these playing to the gallery. I am sure the NFF will even send emissaries to thank him..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Oh please shut your stinking bigoted & tribalistic mouth!
I bet if it were a Adenuga or any other South Westerner that made this comment you wouldn’t question how many westerners they employed in their company!
What stops you from floating your own airline and employing only Nigerians? I am sure you don’t even have 2-3 Okadas in your name in Ibadan and you are here telling a man who and who to employ is in his company.

The man single-handedly has caused British Airways, Lufthansa, Airfrance and Virgin Atlantic to crash their fares on the Lagos/Abuja-LHR routes by almost 30% something we have been crying for years about the exploitation by these airlines and yet the most important thing you are worrying about is a TEMPORARY wet lease of a Norwegian aircraft and the non-melanin content of its cabin crew! What an !dd!ot!

Allen announced the date of his inaugural flight and in 24hrs he was sold out. 24hrs!!!

Do you know what it takes to get an operational license to fly your aircraft into the UK more especially a Nigerian airline with all the bad press and image we have! I am yet to see a post where you have applauded Allen for achieving this, yet you are here jumping on the fact he has made a temporary arrangement pending when he can finally transition to his own aircrafts plying the route.
Do you actually understand that to ply a certain international route a certain number of that country’s citizens are mandated to be hired as cabin crew?

Again your tribalistic and bigoted self needs cleansing of all the Igbophobic hate lying deep within you.

Stup!d Cvnt.
Last edited by Babalawo on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

“According to Air Peace, the agreement with the UK-based arm of Norwegian carrier Norse is a wet-lease deal that will last for two months initially, but with the possibility of an extension. The airlines have also disclosed that they are in exploratory talks about further ways in which Norse aircraft could be sued to expedite Air Peace’s ambitious long-haul expansion plans. “

“ Wet leasing is an arrangement where the lessor provides an aircraft and the crew too. So here, the lessor is responsible for the operational maintenance of the flight. In contrast, dry leasing is an arrangement where the lessor offers only an aircraft, without crew and ground staff.”

Thank you.
He can make such statements to impress the average fan but let him come to a place like CE and receive a well-deserved first round TKO.

NO, LET HIM COME TO CE & FEEL HOPELESS ABOUT NIGERIA'S FUTURE

How does one compare aviation, requiring hi-tech and involving strict contractual requirements and lives to that trivial pursuit called football? Only in CE.

For the record, Nigeria does train and hire local pilots and Nigerian pilots are in use all over the country.

Serious countries look at areas of deficiency and try to address it. And they are led by their educated class. As for Nigeria, some educated people are best known for finding whom to outsource things to.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OVEREACTING TO ONYEMA'S LEGAL ACTION CALL

I don't think he's seriously calling for legal action - just a little hyperbole. But he's so enraged by this national folly he thinks something drastic needs to be done. I'm in full support.
Bell
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Babalawo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:48 pm

I bet if it were a Adenuga or any other South Westerner that made this comment you wouldn’t question how many westerners they employed in their company!
What stops you from floating your own airline and employing only Nigerians? I am sure you don’t even have 2-3 Okadas in your name in Ibadan and you are here telling a man who and who to employ is in his company.

The man single-handedly has caused British Airways, Lufthansa, Airfrance and Virgin Atlantic to crash their fares on the Lagos/Abuja-LHR routes by almost 30% something we have been crying for years about the exploitation by these airlines and yet the most important thing you are worrying about is a TEMPORARY wet lease of a Norwegian aircraft and the non-melanin content of its cabin crew! What an !dd!ot!

Allen announced the date of his inaugural flight and in 24hrs he was sold out. 24hrs!!!

Do you know what it takes to get an operational license to fly your aircraft into the UK more especially a Nigerian airline with all the bad press and image we have! I am yet to see a post where you have applauded Allen for achieving this, yet you are here jumping on the fact he has made a temporary arrangement pending when he can finally transition to his own aircrafts plying the route.
Do you actually understand that to ply a certain international route a certain number of that country’s citizens are mandated to be hired as cabin crew?

Again your tribalistic and bigoted self needs cleansing of all the Igbophobic hate lying deep within you.

Stup!d Cvnt.
Damn No F U C K S given. :shock:
Uzoma the virus, how long have you held this in?
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

HHhmmnnn you can dress a pig with lipsticks but.....Kai most educated illiterates is an embarrassment to the black race and humanity.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm

Thank you.

How does one compare aviation, requiring hi-tech and involving strict contractual requirements and lives to that trivial pursuit called football? Only in CE.

For the record, Nigeria does train and hire local pilots and Nigerian pilots are in use all over the country.
If that’s what you think.
At least now we know. :D

Serious countries look at areas of deficiency and try to address it. And they are led by their educated class. As for Nigeria, some educated people are best known for finding whom to outsource things to.
Bell
So you even know. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
See irony.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

ANC wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:40 pm

Stup!d Cvnt.
My brother, I have been a member of this forum for a damn long time and I have learnt to just ignore some stuff, but this stup!d fellow annoys the living day light of me with his persistent attacks on anything Igbo. Imagine a faceless internet coward calling Allen Onyema a tout just because he made a temporary business decision that in general actually benefits Nigerians. I mean how effing sad and miserable can ones life be with so much bigotry and hatred tucked deep within.
Peter Obi For President 2023
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:47 am
Bell wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm

Thank you.

If that’s what you think.
At least now we know. :D

Bell
So you even know. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
See irony.

I'M SORRY BUDDY BUT...

...I see no irony there, unless you think getting a foreign coach is how you address a deficieny. That'd be surrender. You address deficiency by rolling your sleeves and getting down to work.
Bell
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:17 am

Stup!d Cvnt.
My brother, I have been a member of this forum for a damn long time and I have learnt to just ignore some stuff, but this stup!d fellow annoys the living day light of me with his persistent attacks on anything Igbo. Imagine a faceless internet coward calling Allen Onyema a tout just because he made a temporary business decision that in general actually benefits Nigerians. I mean how effing sad and miserable can ones life be with so much bigotry and hatred tucked deep within.
Lolly, Babafad, Ayokinfe, Emir gets a pass, but they are quick to call the likes of 1naija, and Dr Sabinus a tribalist.
Wonders.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Babalawo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:17 am

Stup!d Cvnt.
Yous a damn fuul boi! If you can’t handle the heat then get yo sorry azz out the kitchen. Nigerian airlines and pilots have been flying to London since the 50s without a wet lease. If Onyema is going to throw stones then he better not live in a glass house. Ignorant fools like you make emotional arguments without facts and spin it into tribalism, your ultimate go to move when you find yourself out of your level of reasoning.

The Nff is not a govt agency! They have as much a right to choose who they want as Air Peace does. He put his business out in the public domain When he made the ridiculous claim about the nff as though he could do something about it. However, his ignorant online thugs arent up to date on their master’s dealings. You’re so low that zero floats above you. An absolute sorry case of a mind. Oloriburuku!
OCCUPY NFF!!