NIGERIA HAS A PROBLEM

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg
NIGERIA HAS A PROBLEM

Post by COOKING SPOON »

They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA HAS A PROBLEM

Post by packerland »

The '94 set seem bigger and more athletic than today's SE. Just pause the video at the 25 secs mark. Not sure any of our current SE will think about scoring that goal Amunike scored against Bulgaria. Now to the lymch mob, i'm not saying they're the best because they definitely underachieved due to partly bad luck, in-fighting and lack of discipline.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

'The solution is simple. Develop the local league. Stop the JAPA movement. Back in the 80 and 90's we had a lot of of talent in midfield because the likes of Nwakili and Obi stayed in Nigeria to develop their skills. Now the likes of Obi who was a creative midfield was converted to a sideways passing defensive midfielder by Jose Maurinhno.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:49 pm 'The solution is simple. Develop the local league. Stop the JAPA movement. Back in the 80 and 90's we had a lot of of talent in midfield because the likes of Nwakili and Obi stayed in Nigeria to develop their skills. Now the likes of Obi who was a creative midfield was converted to a sideways passing defensive midfielder by Jose Maurinhno.
What did we win in the 80s and 90s?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Football is less about size and more about intellect, team focus and cohesion.
Add to that the NFF show of leadership, transparency, and less intrusion on team
selection.
I will readily take and team with discipline and focus on the agenda over one that
is chuck full of selfish ball jugglers playing as individuals.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:51 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:49 pm 'The solution is simple. Develop the local league. Stop the JAPA movement. Back in the 80 and 90's we had a lot of of talent in midfield because the likes of Nwakili and Obi stayed in Nigeria to develop their skills. Now the likes of Obi who was a creative midfield was converted to a sideways passing defensive midfielder by Jose Maurinhno.
U17 World cups'
Afcons
Olympic Gold
African U20 championships
and etc.

If not for Abacha, Nigeria would have the Afcon in 1996 and 1998.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:56 pm
U17 World cups'
Afcons
Olympic Gold
African U20 championships
and etc.

If not for Abacha, Nigeria would have the Afcon in 1996 and 1998.
But we won AFCON too in 2013 and got to the final in 2023.

Biko, don’t include the U17s and U20s from the 80s and 90s. Those ones don’t count for obvious reasons.

In summary, our performance has not declined because of our inferior local league. The other African teams have just caught up and the rest of the world have moved ahead.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Seriously? You really asked that question?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:28 pm

...folks born in the 90s no sabi, even with google available :biggrin:

Now that this oyinbo man don expose our frailness are we gonna sit up? I doubt it, gonna be business as usual.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Yea I did. And I have responded to his answers.

Did he miss anything?

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mcal wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:36 pm

Now that this oyinbo man don expose our frailness are we gonna sit up? I doubt it, gonna be business as usual.
You can’t be referring to me? I watched my first life match at the National Stadium Surulere when Nigerians used to drive on the other side of the road. That’s the clue.

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:39 pm

You can’t be referring to me? I watched my first life match at the National Stadium Surulere when Nigerians used to drive on the other side of the road. That’s the clue.
...hmm, for sure I know we won first nation cup in 1980, were you bom-boy then with runny nose :biggrin:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mcal wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:23 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:39 pm

...hmm, for sure I know we won first nation cup in 1980, were you bom-boy then with runny nose :biggrin:
You have no clue. No be your fault.