Overall good test games for Nigeria/NFF keep Finidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Overall good test games for Nigeria/NFF keep Finidi

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:47 am Finidi did the best with what he was given. I was actually impressed with the passing in the first game. A lot of Nigerians are delusional if they think a failed journey man coach can come in and wave his magic wand. Fixing the team is going to take time. Me I done accept reality.
Stop this “what he was given” nonsense.
Did he tell you he didn’t choose his players?
Abeg, if you are not man enough to face the reality, at least he is.

He has not told you he never chose the players.
You are making excuses for a catastrophe that hasn’t happened.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi didn't select the players. He did the best with what he was given is factual statemt. The NFF need to name Finidi the manager. Give him one year contract until after Afcon 2025 renewable based on mutual consent.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Absolute BS on your part. Finidi selected the players and even clearly stated in an interview that he chose the Tamimu lad.
Look at you making all sorts of rinky-dink excuses for Finidi's poor tactical knowledge and clueless game management over 2 very winnable games. The team had more than enough depth to defeat Mali. He (Finidi) chose to be a wimp and not make the necessary tactical adjustments when he had ample opportunity to do so. Given the job on short notice? What a crock of BS! Finidi had been an integral part of the team leadership for over 2 years! What additional time did he need???

It is painfully obvious he lacks what it takes to lead this team. Now is the time (with 3 months before 2 crucial games against SA) to cut bait and let him go on his merry way. This team is, by far, the most talent laden team Nigeria has EVER had. And Finidi is certainly NOT it. He obviously lacks what it takes to move this team forward.
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:21 am Did Peseiro get two games? . You people are not fair. To make matters worse he was gjven the job on short notice. He didn't select the players. He was using fringe players in a friendly. The players were trying to avoid injuries. Anyways I don talk my own Nigeria will not qualify for the world cup If they don't retain Finidi. Even if they retain Finidi it is going to be difficult. The team lack depth. It has a lot of injuries. The new coach will need time to fix the team. There is no magic wand. That is exactly what the next journey man mercenary coach will tell his deluded WOWO crazies.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm Absolute BS on your part. Finidi selected the players and even clearly stated in an interview that he chose the Tamimu lad.
Look at you making all sorts of rinky-dink excuses for Finidi's poor tactical knowledge and clueless game management over 2 very winnable games. The team had more than enough depth to defeat Mali. He (Finidi) chose to be a wimp and not make the necessary tactical adjustments when he had ample opportunity to do so. Given the job on short notice? What a crock of BS! Finidi had been an integral part of the team leadership for over 2 years! What additional time did he need???

It is painfully obvious he lacks what it takes to lead this team. Now is the time (with 3 months before 2 crucial games against SA) to cut bait and let him go on his merry way. This team is, by far, the most talent laden team Nigeria has EVER had. And Finidi is certainly NOT it. He obviously lacks what it takes to move this team forward.
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:21 am Did Peseiro get two games? . You people are not fair. To make matters worse he was gjven the job on short notice. He didn't select the players. He was using fringe players in a friendly. The players were trying to avoid injuries. Anyways I don talk my own Nigeria will not qualify for the world cup If they don't retain Finidi. Even if they retain Finidi it is going to be difficult. The team lack depth. It has a lot of injuries. The new coach will need time to fix the team. There is no magic wand. That is exactly what the next journey man mercenary coach will tell his deluded WOWO crazies.
lies. the team list came out before he was named the interim coach which was on March 19th. First game was on March 23rd.

Finidi actually did well. I saw what he is trying to do. Passing the ball from the back. Working on winning the ball back. No coach can fix a team in 7 days. it is going to take time to build his team. Even your WOWO mercenary coach you deluded Wowo crazes want will also need time to build his team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx