Awaziem

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awaziem

Post by Dammy »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:01 am
packerland wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:40 am Awaziem is one of the jokester on the team. He is a bit like Kelechi. They are several videos of him on YouTube m/Twitter with Kele cracking jokes or dancing. I don’t think he’s good enough but for some reason guys with his personality seem to have a place on the team with this current SE.

Thats the problem right there. There are too many old jokers in this team. They need to go. Omeruo, Musa, Awaziem. They older players that have shown 0 growth need to be shown the door.
I agree with you. If by the Grace of God, we qualify for the WC, will the likes of Omeruo or Musa still be in any shape or form to play at the highest level?
If we keep playing these players, when are the likes of Osho, Ogbu, Tella, Dele-Bashiru etc going to get a chance?
We need to start culling the team now and thank some of the veterans for their services
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:39 am Akpoguma was never given as much opportunities as Awaziem before being canned
Because he was useless when he played both at RB and Central defence. At least Awaziem looked decent when he played at RB a few years ago but I have never rated him as a central defender though.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:56 am
Dammy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:39 am Akpoguma was never given as much opportunities as Awaziem before being canned
Because he was useless when he played both at RB and Central defence. At least Awaziem looked decent when he played at RB a few years ago but I have never rated him as a central defender though.
Bros, Dammy thinks because the guy is playing in Germany he should automatically play for Nigeria. Akpoguma received several opportunities both at rightback and centrally and he failed. He just could not cope with the pace of opponents and worse still failed to win consistently in the air.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Awaziem was trying to clear the ball, but slipped due to the pressure from the Mali Player. However, it was the indicipline of the defense starting with Nwabali that caused the goal. There were about 5 mali players around our 18 yet Nwabali decided to pass the goal kick to Awaziem with a Mali player standing few feet away from him. He successfully passed the ball to another player who also had a Mali player on him. The player rushed and passed the ball back to Awazien who was now under even more pressure. They got away with this during the Ghana game, but got caught in this game. The real culprit for the goal was Nwabali not reading his defense well. Watch the sequence of plays that led to the goal.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am
Bros, Dammy thinks because the guy is playing in Germany he should automatically play for Nigeria. Akpoguma received several opportunities both at rightback and centrally and he failed. He just could not cope with the pace of opponents and worse still failed to win consistently in the air.
There’s a reason why he plays in the Bundesliga but I don’t expect you to gerrit!
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:58 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:01 am
There’s a reason why he plays in the Bundesliga but I don’t expect you to gerrit!
Doesn’t make him a good fit for Nigeria and African football. He just looked out of sorts in all the matches he played for us. Not surprisingly since he has not even been mentioned as a potential German international since captaining the youth team. He has obviously not developed to be the player that everyone expected him to be. Even though both are below average, I will take Awaziem over him going by his previous performances with the SE.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:40 am Awazien is actually one of our best ball playing defenders. Looks to me like he slipped and couldn’t strike the ball the way he wanted. Give him a break.
Playing the ball across the 18 with 3 Malians in the box like that is the main offense in case you don't know. YOU never do that. That he slipped is an error but the thinking is the problem. I've said it here, you can assess the intelligence and the game reading ability of a player at 17. This part typically doesn't improve. Mikel is one of the least athletic players we've had in 10 years- not fast, doesn't pack a shot etc but he so good at reading the game and positioning himself accordingly. This is typically the difference between 800,000K Euro market value and > $20M market value. Same reason Alhassan Youssof is at Antwerp - Dude can ran but poor game reader and anticipator - same with Awazeim.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This was one of my comments from the Ghana game.
1naija wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:29 pm All these their passing in the back get as e be. If we face an Osimhen type player e go cost us.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

packerland wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:40 am Awaziem is one of the jokester on the team. He is a bit like Kelechi. They are several videos of him on YouTube m/Twitter with Kele cracking jokes or dancing. I don’t think he’s good enough but for some reason guys with his personality seem to have a place on the team with this current SE.
We can’t afford players taking up spots for “vibes”. If we’re constantly winning trophies (WC, AFCON) so be it