It’s now unlikely Finidi will be retained.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
It’s now unlikely Finidi will be retained.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

It was always a fool’s errand for Finidi to accept the interim position pending the hire of a permanent coach. The Nff is not a professional organization, they have their own interests and will use the defeat vs Mali to deny Finidi as if to say we told you so. Imho, he should’ve let Eguaveon handle the friendly games,he should’ve stepped aside as soon as he turned in his application for head coach. Now they have enough amo the deny him and local coaches the job. It’s going to be an interesting next few weeks.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: It’s now unlikely Finidi will be retained.

Post by ohenhen1 »

Finidi has done enough to keep the job. But there are idiots in the NFF that think the white man will save them.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 am Finidi has done enough to keep the job. But there are idiots in the NFF that think the white man will save them.
We can’t afford to make the SE coaching job about race alone. Finidi has enough qualifications to be SE head coach without having to use the race card. The Nff has not defined what its goal for the team is besides to win the next game.

What are we playing for?

What is the highest goal we’re aiming for? Is it to make the next Afcon finals or to make WC semis in 26? The goal will determine the type of coach we need to hire. If we’re looking at winning now by qualifying for the WC and peaking in 2026, then we should look to hire the best coach we can get regardless of race. Do we have the players to be a WC contender in 2 yrs? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Conversely, if we believe we have a young core that perhaps could qualify for the WC, maybe not, but could be a WC contender in the future then Finidi is the man for the job. It fits his timeline as a coach, in 5yrs he has time to build his team as he wants. It’ll allow him to drop the players that are not in his timeline and really get to work without the burden of unrealistic expectations.

The biggest decision the Nff has to make is not the coach. They have to determine what their goal for the team is and how they want approach it. Ironically, once thee goal is clear, the team literally picks itself.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I have no problem if the foreign coach is good. The problem is the discrimination, colomentality. And the guy they want to hire is a failed journey man coach that has a long career of failure
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

‘The wagons have circled around Finidi.

[media] [/media]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:38 am I have no problem if the foreign coach is good. The problem is the discrimination, colomentality. And the guy they want to hire is a failed journey man coach that has a long career of failure
AS FOR ME...

...I have a problem with a coach who doesn't have a Nigerian passport. This will be the case for years to come. Period.
Bell
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

the way we are now, we don't have players on the bench that why preserio used injured players at final, and i dont think we can make it to the coming world cup, because we can not play like this against South Africa or Beini or other countries in the group. , playing back passes no confident, is going to be a miracle if a new coach can come and turn it around.
thanks
trae_z
Egg
Egg

Post by trae_z »

Well said, very unlikely

Notes from yesterday's game
Nigeria 0 - 2 Mali
International friendly; 27th March 2024

1) Sad game. Awaziem gifted Mali a goal with a careless pass across the defense.
2) We made too many backward passes and not enough attacking plays.
3) For a friendly, Finidi showed poor man management and made very late changes. You can be sure some players would be glad to see the last of him.
4) In his defense, though, he had no assistance aside from a goalkeeping coach.
5) And as soon as Lookman came on for Onyedika and we switched from 5 at the back to 4, we became porous and eventually conceded a second goal.
6) Naija, being WOWO (We Only Want Oyibo), Finidi has now given them an excuse to hire a journeyman white coach.
7) Who will enjoy a fat salary yet almost certainly won't qualify Nigeria for the World Cup (2 points out of 6 so far, no thanks to José Peseiro, and no preparations expected before qualifiers resume).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

He did it to himself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He wanted to be the black Peseiro. It was always clear to me that you cannot separate an assistant from a head coach. No way you can tell me "oh! he is just assisting, and his voice isnt heard." Same tactics, same formation, same players. Even the same behavior - refusal to tryout new players. They are one and the same!

Ps-- just saw this article from 2018, were Finidi was advising **** to use 3-5-2 formation.

https://dailypost.ng/2018/06/14/2018-wo ... r-iceland/
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:01 pm He did it to himself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He wanted to be the black Peseiro. It was always clear to me that you cannot separate an assistant from a head coach. No way you can tell me "oh! he is just assisting, and his voice isnt heard." Same tactics, same formation, same players. Even the same behavior - refusal to tryout new players. They are one and the same!

Ps-- just saw this article from 2018, were Finidi was advising **** to use 3-5-2 formation.

Jose vs Robson?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:01 pm He did it to himself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: He wanted to be the black Peseiro. It was always clear to me that you cannot separate an assistant from a head coach. No way you can tell me "oh! he is just assisting, and his voice isnt heard." Same tactics, same formation, same players. Even the same behavior - refusal to tryout new players. They are one and the same!

It looks like you are not a fan. I find that odd.

So, who are you a fan of?

What do you suggest they do?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:44 am ‘The wagons have circled around Finidi.

[media] [/media]
But seriously do Nigerians know the purpose of friendly games?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:14 pm

It looks like you are not a fan. I find that odd.

So, who are you a fan of?

What do you suggest they do?
I was a huge fan of Finidi and campaigned for him to get the post. He then decided to accept the asistant job and frankly, that has tainted him for me. I have looked at how poor we have been and I simply cannot separate him from that. He was there when we were playing rubbish, when we were inviting DIv 2 and 3 players and when we were completely clueless. I cannot agree that "he had no say." He has been tainted. I didnt watch the Ghana or Mali games, but if the performance is as bad as others have said, then I am not surprised.

Also, i do not want to see any Class of '94 anywhere near our football again! They are poisonous and they are as bad for us as Manchester United's poisonous Class of '99. At least United's Class of '99 were successful, our own Class of '94 are just loud mouthed and generally unsuccessful.

My choices are one of:

Ndubuisi Egbo
Pisto Mosimane
Pedro Gonçalves
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

gochino wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:19 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:44 am ‘The wagons have circled around Finidi.

[media] [/media]
But seriously do Nigerians know the purpose of friendly games?
Nigerians want to FOOKING WIN!!! In those days, that was all we knew and demanded! WIN!!! today, after 7 years of **** making most of you losers who want to learn and Peseiro coming in to be humiliated against Guineas, Lesotho, ZImbabwe, most of you have zero desire to win. All you want to do is to learn. Are you NOT tired of going to school? ??? Are you not tired??

The real Nigerian fan on the street wants to win and thats it! That is our culture.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Jean-Louis Gasset and Emerse Fae.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."